Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM

As I understand it, if you do not register for My Disney Experience, you will not be able to participate in FastPass+.

If you do not use a MagicBand, you will not be able to participate in the "MagicBand only" experiences.

As I recall, My Disney Experience only allows you to select what information is shared with CMs and corporate affiliates. (Sorry, it's been awhile since I read the T&C.) So, for example, if you don't want a CM to know your name, you can opt out of that. But corporate Disney still knows exactly who you are and what you're doing and, therefore, should be able to generate a fairly extensive set of data points about you.

Please compare that to today where I could by a MYW ticket from a third party vendor and Disney would be unable to correlate any other information about me. Theoretically, I could be in the park using a ticket but corporate Disney would have no idea who I was and get the exact same experience as everyone else in the park.

Hence, the "punishment" is a lesser WDW experience than someone else paying the exact same amount but who opted in to the My Disney Experience system.

I get what you're saying, but is not getting a fast pass really "punishment?"

Also, how would that be different from those who opt out of buying a front of the line pass at sea world or universal? I get that its a choice and you pay for it, but are those who did not buy the express pass being punished by having a different experience than those who did? They're still getting the same base line experience as everyone else, which is access to the parks and all it offers for that days operating hours.

If things are as bad and paradigms are shifting as much as the OP says, then you're not going to need fast passes at WDW anyway, @ParentsOf4 (that's a joke, no response needed ;))

OldBill71

I really enjoy these threads, but often find the discussion falling on hypotheticals, what-ifs and maybes. So I thought, maybe we could look at a concrete example of how FP+ could impact touring the parks.

Here is a touring plan I successfully completed this Summer. Focusing on Future World and then hopping to Hollywood Studios at night.I'm still trying to fully grasp how the FP+ System will actually affect how I see the parks. So using my example below, could someone show me, how this plan would be altered or affected under the FP+ System? Thanks.

Arrive @ EPCOT for Rope Drop

Test Track @ 9:16 w/ a 7 minute wait
Soarin Fastpass @ 9:53 Return Time=11:35
Figment @ 10:05 w/ a 2 minute wait
Captain EO @ 10:14 w/ an 8 minute wait
Rest
Nemo @ 11:12 w/ a 9 minute wait
Soarin @ 11:40 w/ Fastpass = 6 minute wait
Circle of Life @ 11:158 w/ 6 minute wait
Living with the Land @ 12:26 w/ 1 minute wait
Spaceship Earth @ 1:11 w/ 8 minute wait

Arrive @ Studios at 5:15

Get Tower FP @ 5:21 - Return Time=7:20
See Beauty and the Beast 5:30 show
Great Movie Ride @ 6:02 w/ a 14 minute wait
Muppet Vision @ 6:41 w/ an 8 minute wait
Rest
Ride Tower w/ FP @ 7:36 w/ a 3 minute wait
Eat @ 50's Prime Time @ 8:00 for 90 minutes
Ride Rock n' Roller Coaster via single rider line. w/ a 30 minute wait
Leave park around 10:15

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited MISSED POINTS:

What's the saying regarding repeating things until they're drilled?

There are some very basic points that I've mentioned that sorta get taken as opinion, read over or just go over heads.

Points like, forgetting the data mining and the billions, that before a CM running a check through had 2-3 steps. Now, with MM+ he/she has 10. Does this not sound like the antithesis of making things quicker and easier?

Or how about this notion that you'll be able to obtain FPs day of. YOU WILL NOT. Disney is making FP+ a strictly reserve in advance system. This was confirmed at D23. Ask @RSoxNo1 if you do not believe me due to whatever ails you. Once there is FP+ live 'for all', there is no longer FP for anyone.

Does the government's involvement in Disney's NGE not concern any of you? Do you need a Presidential news conference before it becomes an issue?

So, that star of the O-Town Sentinel apparently went trolling for NGE 'opinions' by appearing on the DIS UNPLUGGED podcast yesterday where one of his hosts was also an interview subject. Yep, this sure sounds like Jason gives a f--k about getting a true picture. What a waste of space he is, truly.

MattM

Either or both. The bugs are a huge problem that must be resolved, but lets assume they get that fixed and that isn't happening when things go officially live. I still have an issue with all those CMs having access to my info.

The big difference is this board is still pretty anonymous. So you know I'm a guy from PA and I may post about trips, my kids or owning DVC points, but if I walked past you on the street you wouldn't know it. I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook page. As I said before I would be less concerns with all this if my data was anonymously compiled and stored in some database with millions of other guests to be used to predict guest behavior and send me coupons. The personal aspect makes it creepy to me.
Agree the bugs need to be fixed, ASAP. And I don't even necessarily like forced "relationships" that may or may not happen. But how is it much different than a non-Disney hotel having access to your room number, duration of stay, reservations at the hotel, etc?

I didn't necessarily mean you when talking about FB and Twitter. I do not, as a rule, have a Facebook account. I do have a twitter account (work reasons, mainly), but never tweet. But you would be surprised how many people on this board use the same name as their twitter handle. You can find out so much about them.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm scared wdw1974 is gonna get jumped by Disney hired thugs if this starts getting reported by the media

I'm much more concerned about the FBI and 'law enforcement' ...besides, I'm just some anonymous crackpot posting on a Disney fan forum and no one at the company has a clue who I am. You don't think they actively engage in surveillance do you?

WDW1974

Original Poster
I just don't see them building a Tron attraction at SDL - plus they get a Star Wars Starport themed Tomorrowland. Also the costs can be split over 3 resorts.

They are. It is under development as we speak. A done deal. There will not be any SW presence in that park at opening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agree the bugs need to be fixed, ASAP. And I don't even necessarily like forced "relationships" that may or may not happen. But how is it much different than a non-Disney hotel having access to your room number, duration of stay, reservations at the hotel, etc?

I didn't necessarily mean you when talking about FB and Twitter. I do not, as a rule, have a Facebook account. I do have a twitter account (work reasons, mainly), but never tweet. But you would be surprised how many people on this board use the same name as their twitter handle. You can find out so much about them.

Maybe it's not that much different, but there is a distinction in the number of people with access. At a hotel the front desk staff have access to your reservation info. They need that to do their job. Maybe a concierge would know your dinner reservations if you used them to book. The bartender at the hotel bar or a waiter in the coffee shop in the lobby don't know how long I'm staying, where I'm eating, what my plans are for tomorrow, etc... The difference as I perceive it is that thousands of CMs will have devices with access to my info. @ParentsOf4 alluded to an opt out on the Disney Experience page that may potentially limit how much of your info is shard with cast members. I'm not an expert at all in the details of the terms and conditions, but I hope that this means you can potentially block this info.

ParentsOf4

I get what you're saying, but is not getting a fast pass really "punishment?"

Also, how would that be different from those who opt out of buying a front of the line pass at sea world or universal? I get that its a choice and you pay for it, but are those who did not buy the express pass being punished by having a different experience than those who did? They're still getting the same base line experience as everyone else, which is access to the parks and all it offers for that days operating hours.

If things are as bad and paradigms are shifting as much as the OP says, then you're not going to need fast passes at WDW anyway, @ParentsOf4 (that's a joke, no response needed ;))
Sure, not getting FP+ most certainly is "punishment" since it means standing in line needlessly for potentially hours each day; hours that could have avoiding by signing up for My Disney Experience. Unless, of course, you prefer standing in line and experiencing fewer attractions each day. :p

The current FP system is free, equally accessible to all guests. FP+ changes that; you have to register into Disney's billion dollar data collection system.

Universal charges for its Express Pass, either directly or through onsite resort rooms. What Universal is doing is pure capitalism. Disney could have gone the same route, could have charged for FP+ yet they opted to make FP+ "free" as long as you register in their database.

Perhaps more than anything, that should give you an appreciation of exactly how much Disney values your information.

Quoting the Gordon Gekko character in the film Wall Street, “The most valuable commodity I know of is information.”

Obviously, Disney agrees which should be cause for concern amongst all of us.

And I don't need FP or FP+. I simply go to Universal where they stick to old fashioned capitalism. :D

WDW1974

Original Poster
Ok. I'm impressed. Do you know him? My friend who works at Mexico said an idiot dropped his brand new I-phone in the flume at Mexico and completely ruined it, it would have been great to get some info off of it.

No, I don't know the idiot personally. Just that he demanded an immediate ride closure and drain to get his phone. That he called back to Burbank and whined like a fanboi getting the point for the first time, which caused numerous high level calls between Burbank and O-Town before his phone was recovered and a new one was brought to him. He's the type of idiot that you just wish ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Thats a giant problem. Why is the government interested in who goes to WDW? Or are they just interested in the methodology and covert ways of tracking people?

Great questions, Dave.

The type REAL journalists might be asking instead of tweeting with Merfie and old pals from here.

I wonder how George Kalogridis would answer the questions. Oh right, no danger that he'll ever be asked them.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Great questions, Dave.

The type REAL journalists might be asking instead of tweeting with Merfie and old pals from here.

I wonder how George Kalogridis would answer the questions. Oh right, no danger that he'll ever be asked them.
The Free Press is DEAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom