Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Ive never seen Mickey's Philharmagic full. Not since Its opening year in 2004.
We usually travel the last week of August/first week of September or mid November.

I have seen Philharmagic full before, although not in the past three trips.

I am not crazy about the Muppets 3D movie - not because I dislike the Muppets, but rather, because the movie just isn't that good.

HISTK wasn't very good either. I haven't seen Eo, although I expect to during our next trip (In 40 days!!).

ITTBAB is pretty good, minus the stinger thing.

Philharmagic benefits from a montage of catchy tunes. We make sure to never miss it.

Irie

We usually travel the last week of August/first week of September or mid November.

I have seen Philharmagic full before, although not in the past three trips.

Philharmagic benefits from a montage of catchy tunes. We make sure to never miss it.

I am confused. Which one is it?

JenniferS

Premium Member
I am confused. Which one is it?
Not sure why you are confused.
I have seen the theatre full before.
Although, in the past three trips, the theatre was only about 1/2 full.
I make sure to never miss it, as I enjoy it.

DougK

As for the requests, some that are getting annoying in their demanding 'you work for us tone', the reason the meatier posts are delayed (although I like to believe all my posts have substance) is they require additional thought, vetting and a reliable keyboard (tablets are not it).

Spirit, I will take what you give us when you are able to give it to us. It beats never-ending posts about one person's Muppet hatred!

stevehousse

Onto more pressing Disney news, anyone read the thread in dining about the lady that's so happy to score dinner ADRs at Be Our Guest and seriously said that her party is not ordering dinner at all and just getting a few cupcakes!?!:confused:

JenniferS

Premium Member
Onto more pressing Disney news, anyone read the thread in dining about the lady that's so happy to score dinner ADRs at Be Our Guest and seriously said that her party is not ordering dinner at all and just getting a few cupcakes!?!:confused:
I did - and responded.
Let the eye brow raising begin. Hope she's a good tipper.

MattM

Just to clarify some points:
1) There is information being compiled and stored in this system that is currently not available or stored by Disney so to say that the same issues exist today without the magic bands is not true. The info that is available today doesn't currently pop up on an iPad carried by cast members.
2) We were talking about physical harm, stalking or petty theft not credit card or identity theft with this system - 2 completely different issues, but anyway it is still completely irrelevant that there are other ways for hackers to get your personal information on the Internet or anywhere else. That's a pretty poor rationalization IMHO. So its OK for Disney to do whatever they want because you could scammed somewhere else? Is it OK to pickpocket or mug someone since its possible their house could get robbed anyway by someone else?
3) People have the free choice to share as much or as little as they want on Facebook or through other means. I also think its a poor rationalization that its OK for Disney to provide every detail of my vacation to random CMs because some people share that info on Facebook anyway. It's another example of people accepting this because its possible some of that info could be found another way. Before anyone replies and says the system is optional, it's not really. I cannot get the same experience by opting out so that is not a valid argument.
4) Why is it laughable that people don't want to share their personal plans with strangers? If you choose to broadcast every aspect of your life on Facebook or Twitter or something like that go for it, but that's not a reason to say its laughable that others prefer more privacy.
2. My credit card statement had nothing to do with my previous posts on living near CM's. My point was that people here bring up credit card fraud as they used their credit card to buy lunch at wherever today. It's no more or less likely to happen at Disney.

3. They are not providing information TO cast members. CM's have access to information as needed to carry out the needs of the business. Big difference.

4. Do you mean to CM's or the bugs that are allowing other people to see your information?

I agree with you on privacy. I go out of my way to protect mine and my family's. But some of the people here bringing up privacy issues? I know what they had for dinner last night, why they hate their jobs, etc all from a simple search on twitter, and yes, I mean people here in these boards. True, it is their right to post that info publicly, but you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Magenta Panther

Spirit, I will take what you give us when you are able to give it to us. It beats never-ending posts about one person's Muppet hatred!

fb1f0e8e16fdab43_dc70e8ace8f7aa0b.jpg

BWA HA HA HAHAAA!!!!

(And bear in mind, that I didn't create that image. Stuff like that is everywhere. Kermit is not sacred. Deal with it).

PhotoDave219

Whether or not this reporter is skewing the numbers on purpose, I don't have a clue. I am not familiar with him, but I do know that upset people tend to complain more than content people heap praise. If I was one of the testers and had a horrible experience, I would contact anybody I could think up. If everything runs the way it is supposed to, I would just go home happy. However, I might respond if I saw a poll or a question on-line.

No, he's just crowdsourcing and soliciting opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom