Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sped2424

fb1f0e8e16fdab43_dc70e8ace8f7aa0b.jpg

BWA HA HA HAHAAA!!!!

(And bear in mind, that I didn't create that image. Stuff like that is everywhere. Kermit is not sacred. Deal with it).
Majjoorr nerd rage :p

lazyboy97o

So let's say your waiter/waitress DOES have an iPad... do you really think he or she will be spending time looking through all your personal information while at your table? What if they see that it's your anniversary or birthday and give you something special, or see you are from their home state or country and strike up a conversation on that, or what if they see you are staying off property and give you a discount code to book your next trip on site, or what if they see it's your last day and give you a free dessert just because
Yes, that is all possible and likely what Disney intends, but NONE of that prevents the information from being abused.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
2. My credit card statement had nothing to do with my previous posts on living near CM's. My point was that people here bring up credit card fraud as they used their credit card to buy lunch at wherever today. It's no more or less likely to happen at Disney.
I agree that credit card fraud is unlikely to be all that more likely with this system. I agree that if your problem is an increased chance of CC fraud you are probably barking up the wrong tree.
3. They are not providing information TO cast members. CM's have access to information as needed to carry out the needs of the business. Big difference.
This is where we will disagree. A waiter at a restaurant doesn't need to know where I'm from, how long I'm staying, where I'm staying and what other dining and ride reservations I have for the rest of my stay to do their job which is to serve me my food. I don't consider that level of info to be necessary to carry out the needs of the business. I don't think Disney management is saying lets give all of our CMs this info just for the heck of it. There is a business strategy involved. They feel that these front line CMs can make suggestions to me and/or enhance my experience by knowing that info. In turn they expect me to spend more money.
4. Do you mean to CM's or the bugs that are allowing other people to see your information?
Either or both. The bugs are a huge problem that must be resolved, but lets assume they get that fixed and that isn't happening when things go officially live. I still have an issue with all those CMs having access to my info.
I agree with you on privacy. I go out of my way to protect mine and my family's. But some of the people here bringing up privacy issues? I know what they had for dinner last night, why they hate their jobs, etc all from a simple search on twitter, and yes, I mean people here in these boards. True, it is their right to post that info publicly, but you can't have your cake and eat it, too.

The big difference is this board is still pretty anonymous. So you know I'm a guy from PA and I may post about trips, my kids or owning DVC points, but if I walked past you on the street you wouldn't know it. I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook page. As I said before I would be less concerns with all this if my data was anonymously compiled and stored in some database with millions of other guests to be used to predict guest behavior and send me coupons. The personal aspect makes it creepy to me.

nytimez

They can be real efficient and manufacture merchandise all the way through 2020 at least if they are going with something as generic as that.

We can even come up with their next campaigns and probably not be far off:

2014: More Magical Memories!
2015: Let's Make Some Magic!
2016: Let the Magic Be Your Memories!
2017: Make Your Own Magic!
2018: Magic, Magic, Magic
2019: AAARGGGHHHHHHH KILLMENOWPLEASE

ParentsOf4

What is the "punishment" exactly?
As I understand it, if you do not register for My Disney Experience, you will not be able to participate in FastPass+.

If you do not use a MagicBand, you will not be able to participate in the "MagicBand only" experiences.

As I recall, My Disney Experience only allows you to select what information is shared with CMs and corporate affiliates. (Sorry, it's been awhile since I read the T&C.) So, for example, if you don't want a CM to know your name, you can opt out of that. But corporate Disney still knows exactly who you are and what you're doing and, therefore, should be able to generate a fairly extensive set of data points about you.

Please compare that to today where I could by a MYW ticket from a third party vendor and Disney would be unable to correlate any other information about me. Theoretically, I could be in the park using a ticket but corporate Disney would have no idea who I was and get the exact same experience as everyone else in the park.

Hence, the "punishment" is a lesser WDW experience than someone else paying the exact same amount but who opted in to the My Disney Experience system.

lazyboy97o

As I understand it, if you do not register for My Disney Experience, you will not be able to participate in FastPass+.
Just because I think this needs to be added; FastPass+ is fully intended to replace FastPass. It will not remain an additional layer on top of what exists. That is a clear change that many would consider to be a loss. FastPass+ is not just the advanced reservations, it is the next iteration of the FastPass system and includes the day-of reservations.

Funmeister

We can even come up with their next campaigns and probably not be far off:

2014: More Magical Memories!
2015: Let's Make Some Magic!
2016: Let the Magic Be Your Memories!
2017: Make Your Own Magic!
2018: Magic, Magic, Magic
2019: AAARGGGHHHHHHH KILLMENOWPLEASE

I think 2020 should be: Magic mAgic maGic magIc magiC! The magical magic continues magically! MAGIC!

ParentsOf4

Just because I think this needs to be added; FastPass+ is fully intended to replace FastPass. It will not remain an additional layer on top of what exists. That is a clear change that many would consider to be a loss. FastPass+ is not just the advanced reservations, it is the next iteration of the FastPass system and includes the day-of reservations.
I agree that FP+ is intended to eventually replace FP but just wanted to add (hey, if you get to add, then so do I!:)) even if FP+ did not replace FP, FP users would still be at a disadvantage since FP+ users would be able to book their experiences ahead of time, using ride capacity, meaning FP users would be left with the scraps.

As CFO Jay Rasulo said, "So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet."

Nice to know Disney thinks of us as a wallet. :mad:

They want your wallet and it doesn't make a lot of financial sense for Disney to hold back FP for "day of" guests when they can use that same capacity to pull in preplanners, who tend to book a lot of other high revenue experiences.

For popular, low capacity attractions such as TSM, Soarin', and Peter Pan, it's highly likely that FP+ users could completely use the FP/FP+ allocation of these attractions, even if there is a low participation rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom