Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlphil

Sure, that could be done . . . the further destruction of the kinetic elements . . . there's a place there where you can see matterhorn bobsleds, the subs, the monorail and the autopia, all doing their thing. It's not thematically unified, but it's just one of those 'wow' places where there's so much going on, and the monorail in the park is such an icon.

So, we'll trade out two kinetic elements for one . . . I won't miss the autopia much, but recognize its place in the iconic Disneyland experience . . . but the monorail is a loss, no matter how you slice it, I think.

If it goes, it goes, just thinking about what it would mean. Pluses and minuses for sure, with
no easy answer.
Don't forget that there used to be a fifth kinetic element in that same area when the People Mover was running. It was 'wow wow', and is iconic of Disneyland.

Now that the subs are back, it is extremely obvious how much was missing when they weren't running.

Captain Neo

I'll be surprised if that is what gets greenlit.

When you think about it though they do need to put a move on it fast because Harry Potter will be fully opened in CA by 2016 and that's not even counting the other upgrades coming to that park, Knotts is stepping up it's competition under Ouimet, and plus Disney has Star Wars Rebels cartoon series coming next year and Episode VII in 2015 and there gonna want to get some synergy going.

I just hope whatever they do is big budget and drastic and not just a cheap overlay of existing tomorrowland structures that have been rotting since the 60s.

ParentsOf4

Almost an hour, not bad ...like say SHIELD.
What impressed me about last night's episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. was that it included Disney CEO Bob Iger's introduction at the next financial call when he announces MyMagic+ is going live:

Q: "Who the hell are you?"

A: "A concerned citizen who happens to be a member of a gigantic bureaucratic organization that's tracking your every move."

:D

Last edited:

WDW1974

Original Poster
I know most people want to read my thoughts, but since I am not getting what I want perhaps I should extort instead of post?

What do I tell my friends and colleagues from around the globe about what an insane, out of control, effed up nation we have become when they ask?

Or should I just tell them that there are now signs at the Poly that say 'Disney's Polynesian Village Resort' and head to the Wal-mart?

WDW1974

Original Poster
To the MAGICal member here who emailed about a pair of lifestylers having the new assistance pass, who are you talking about?
(feel free to email if you do not want this out)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not to be a negative ninny, but I heard something two days ago about the WDW budget that sounded similar. I am not pleased if this pans out. Star Wars needs a massive budget if it's to over-impress.

Everything that Disney does gets its budget hacked. That's why the best work winds up in coffee table books ...well, that's everything except giant data mining and trip planning tech boondoggles. Those, seemingly, have no budgets at all.

BTW, is it true you can still steal soda with old mugs at the deluxes? If so, I'll bring a few mugs for my upcoming trip!

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, we are in an obscure corner of the web on page 545 of an obscure thread of a cult fan site. Discussing and obsessing about snippets of information is what we do.

It is a whole lot of things, most much worse than weak. What it is not, is unfair judgement of any possible upcoming project. Fandom means that our thoughts will be updated in complete accordance with any new information.

Lilly, you are a beaut. Sorta like a hoot, but with an air of continental elitism at play. Just bless your heart.

Oh, and nowhere I write is ever obscure. Ever.

WDW1974

Original Poster
But HK was terribly underbuild when it opened. It WOULD add several major new rides by now, at pain of irrelevance.

True. But unlike DCA and, especially, DSP, HKDL was designed by a few of the oldguard masters who put in a foundation ... a template for easy growth that would make sense. That's why the park is already amazing and getting better all the time. You should go.

misterID

At this point, I really wish they'd just scrap the Star Warsland idea and just build up the Indy Franchise at DHS. Put in the dark ride that's already two decades too late for a presence at WDW, add the INDY coaster (the real IEddie Sotto INDY Coaster they ended up theming to Bears!) and just build up a cool couple of Star Wars scenes in The Great Movie Ride. You know, like the faux Universal Monsters section where they don't actually show the Universal Monsters?

An indoor TRON light cycle launch coaster in TL sounds a lot cooler than an outdoor SW Speed Bike launch coaster in DHS... which theme already has a place in Star Tours.

Soarin' Over Pgh

On top of building a sham of an eticket, SeaWorld hasn't been paying their bills to contractors.

News story
http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...eaworld_accused_of_.html#.UlVimDcpOAw.twitter

And the lien filed with Orange County.
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl...35.pdf?id=DOC1255S1108.A0&parent=DOC1255S1108

Wow. I was actually thinking about sea world and their latest addition... Anyone know how that went over, numbers wise? Was it considered a success? Did attendance go up?

I'm not familiar with Orlando area...how far is sea world from wdw?

Nubs70

...Have we really stooped so low as to use our vacuums as the new measuring stick of how... of what? how stupid we (you) are for paying hundreds of dollars or is just purely bragging rights?

No matter what the answer... Lame.
Not bragging at all. After going through $600/year of lesser priced cleaners. The Dysons have lasted 10 years and are still going and were bought for 80% of list price. Now if I were extolling the virtues of a Kirby, your point would be valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom