Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yes, actually. It has to do with legal mumbo jumbo and is way more complicated than you make it seem. "Disney" is made up of dozens of unique legal entities and it's even more of a cluster when DVC is involved. DVC inventory isn't even owned by the same legal entity as cash inventory.
But they switch it between the two anyway? How does that stand with all the community fees bollocks.

And did I see a "we" being used in an apologists post?

Things that make you go Hhhmmmmmm

bubbles1812

The better question is, why in the world would any person ever buy into a timeshare program...Disney, Marriott, Hilton, or otherwise?
This is something I wonder all the time... To each their own I guess, but something like DVC has and never will appeal. It's a long time to be locked in, and in my head, the cost is a hard one to justify.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes, actually. It has to do with legal mumbo jumbo and is way more complicated than you make it seem. "Disney" is made up of dozens of unique legal entities and it's even more of a cluster when DVC is involved. DVC inventory isn't even owned by the same legal entity as cash inventory.
That is understandable, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that if I were to speak with a DVC sales agent today about signing up and bring up a concern such as what we are speaking about, they would have some spin to put on it and tell me not to worry and it doesnt happen. Another case of once they have your money your not as important.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Maybe if they built more DVC resorts that would help? Like in the Ft Wilderness area.

DVC tent plot at FW and I will stay there the rest of my trips (whenever the next one even is at this point. Two cruises, SEAS AP, and UNI AP have taken precedence over WDW).

Tim_4

That is understandable, but I would bet dollars to doughnuts that if I were to speak with a DVC sales agent today about signing up and bring up a concern such as what we are speaking about, they would have some spin to put on it and tell me not to worry and it doesnt happen. Another case of once they have your money your not as important.
Oh don't get me wrong I think timeshares are a horrible model for the consumer.

Pentacat

That's a great idea, by this logic then they are automatically forcing themselves into building oversupply into a resort? So if cash rooms are unsold and aren't available for DVC members to occupy then that room MUST sit empty? So then they have forced themselves to build a resort with more rooms to meet DVC demand yet maintain "open" cash rooms or go through this room conversion process in order to reallocate those rooms from cash to DVC?

That's nuts.

Tim_4

That's a great idea, by this logic then they are automatically forcing themselves into building oversupply into a resort? So if cash rooms are unsold and aren't available for DVC members to occupy then that room MUST sit empty? So then they have forced themselves to build a resort with more rooms to meet DVC demand yet maintain "open" cash rooms or go through this room conversion process in order to reallocate those rooms from cash to DVC?

That's nuts.
I agree but it's the industry standard. Hilton Grand Vacations or whoever else do it more or less the same way. It's necessary as a product of members being "owners."

MattM

Oh don't get me wrong I think timeshares are a horrible model for the consumer.
But the lady who sells them kept using the word "asset" and "investment". What could go wrong?

It's for people who are bad at math. Like lottery players. I wonder if there's a correlation?

Reddog

<---Late to the conversation here.

Couldn't the amount of DVC rooms available for cash be because more and more owners are trading out to stay at other resorts (non-disney, out of state resorts)? I believe when that happens, the inventory those points represent are switched to cash rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom