Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFan_Boston

I've actually hung out with '74 (yes, in public), and boy, you couldn't be more wrong. He's the best Disney fan to talk to because he speaks the truth and he's not on some bulls*** like the apologists and fanbois that continue to poison the company.

You're no one to claim if he's an insider or not, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

Then leave.

OK. I guess you showed me. I'll not blaspheme the all-knowing one again.

luv

But the lady who sells them kept using the word "asset" and "investment". What could go wrong?

It's for people who are bad at math. Like lottery players. I wonder if there's a correlation?
I probably spend $2/year on lottery. I'm not bad at math. I'm just willing to gamble $1 every time the jackpot hits $300,000,000+. I don't always remember to buy the tickets, so I get maybe two a year. :)

The dollar is worth the dreaming. :)

Tim_4

<---Late to the conversation here.

Couldn't the amount of DVC rooms available for cash be because more and more owners are trading out to stay at other resorts (non-disney, out of state resorts)? I believe when that happens, the inventory those points represent are switched to cash rooms.
Possibly. It's like the member sells the room they "own" back to Disney in exchange for a paid for stay at another resort. Disney is then free to place that room into inventory.

Tim_4

I probably spend $2/year on lottery. I'm not bad at math. I'm just willing to gamble $1 every time the jackpot hits $300,000,000+. I don't always remember to buy the tickets, so I get maybe two a year. :)

At least you're buying it for the "what if" entertainment value rather than a financial strategy. There are people who drop $10+ a day thinking they'll actually come out ahead.

MattM

I know. It's really a generalization of the people who are behind on rent buying $50 worth of quick picks.

WDWDad13

Best tell WDWDad962 then or whoever gave him the info in his post.

lol no one gave me that info

I'm a DVC member
I know all the legalities of it and I have all the member paperwork
There is a difference between DVC rooms and cash rooms

Let me try this and I'll keep the numbers low so some of you don't get a headache

10 rooms allocated for DVC
10 rooms allocated for cash res

10 families book DVC rooms
0 DVC rooms remain and they will show no availability in the DVC member site

2 families book cash rooms
8 cash rooms remaining
Available will show on disney and travel agent sites but still not on dvc member site

They cannot move DVC rooms to cash rooms but they can move cash rooms to DVC room if they wish to allocate more and sell more points for them - which is exactly what animal kingdom has been doing

Both animal kingdom and Saratoga are now sold out and with the addition of bay lake there are a lot more members trying to book rooms throughout the year

SSR is showing a lot of availability to me in the DVC member site for next June so I guess I should expect them to move them to cash res based on some of these theories so they can make more money?!?!?

I blame next gen

Tim_4

lol no one gave me that info

I'm a DVC member
I know all the legalities of it and I have all the member paperwork
There is a difference between DVC rooms and cash rooms

Let me try this and I'll keep the numbers low so some of you don't get a headache

10 rooms allocated for DVC
10 rooms allocated for cash res

10 families book DVC rooms
0 DVC rooms remain and they will show no availability in the DVC member site

2 families book cash rooms
8 cash rooms remaining
Available will show on disney and travel agent sites but still not on dvc member site

They cannot move DVC rooms to cash rooms but they can move cash rooms to DVC room if they wish to allocate more and sell more points for them - which is exactly what animal kingdom has been doing

Both animal kingdom and Saratoga are now sold out and with the addition of bay lake there are a lot more members trying to boom rooms throughout the year

SSR is showing a lot if availability to me in the DVC member site for next June so I guess I should expect them to move them to cash res based on some of these theories so they can make more money?!?!?

I blame next gen
Spoke to a sales agent out of curiosity yesterday. DAKL is still selling. That and Aulani and nothing else right now.

Goofyernmost

I realize it isn't up to Disney standards. We have a cabin in the mountains only two hours from the park and have yet to visit. But, with these new additions, I am interested. My point was that Dollywood is investing in rides, entertainment, and hotels, and has us planning a trip. It is frustrating that TDO isn't investing in what is important to keep it the best. Heck, even Carowinds, down the road, usually has something new to offer when they open each season.
I understand that, but, lets be honest here. Dollywood, as I said, is a very interesting park, but, to say that Dolly gets it and Disney doesn't is just a bit overdone. Dollywood needs a lot of infrastructure work. The building are very old and they are very much showing their wear. That much would be needed just to "shine" the place up. They can, to an extent play with the big boys but their draw is much more modest and less demanding then this group of critics. I can't remember the name of the ride now that I went on...something to do with Fire or something, and it made roadside carnivals look like the cleanest things ever put on the planet. It was filthy, it didn't even begin to have any degree of a convincing theme...it was a cool ride, but, not a pleasant one. We shouldn't be discussing Dollywood here anyway, but, all I'm trying to say is that Dolly investing 300 mil in Dollywood wouldn't fund the emptying of trash cans at WDW. It is a great way to keep Dollywood on ones travel list but it is a comparison of apples to oranges and in my opinion with the exception of an added coaster (I think it was a replacement anyway) it is just an investment to stop the whole place from sliding off the mountain.

asianway

<---Late to the conversation here.

Couldn't the amount of DVC rooms available for cash be because more and more owners are trading out to stay at other resorts (non-disney, out of state resorts)? I believe when that happens, the inventory those points represent are switched to cash rooms.
Wow, someone on here knows facts - Imagine that. You are 100% correct.

Now that my apologist statement for the month is out of the way...

The fact is that this is a "float" product with reservation windows. There is some leeway as to what rooms during a specified time period are released to members for point bookings vs held back for DVD to rent for cash. You will never know the fine details of how this works unless you work on Celebration Place(or is it Blvd?)

But with two parties competing for desirable room types/views/dates, and DVC controlling what is released to each, whom do you think the allocation favors?

Edit: if a DVC owner converts points to DCL, a WDW/DL/DLRP/TDR/HKDL hotel, basically, the room nights drop over to cash as well.

Funmeister

The reality is that no one has "facts" to support their claims. At least not facts that are easily accessable and able to be posted on a public message board.

I don't see any reason to call Tim_4 out for this any more than there is to call out WDW1974 out for any claims that are made. You can choose to believe who you want to believe.

Sorry, but when someone with less credibility, Tim_4, says that someone with more credibility, WDW1974, is not being truthful then yes...I do have to question Tim. Sorry. For me to ever consider Tim half way serious when he calls 74 a liar requires me to see proof from him based on his stellar track record.

Goofyernmost

Who is saying $3b? I have never seen any posts on here with anyone seriously saying $3b.
It was said a number of times, but, I had been ignoring it because every single time anyone mentioned the cost of this system, it kept going up and up and up. First it was rounded off at 1.5 billion, then 2 billion, then 2.5 billion, then 2.75 billion then 3 billion. It was inflation like even the country of Italy has never seen. One would have to go through 5400 posts to find them plus probably another 5400 that are in other threads, but they are there. If it's really important to you...go ahead and research it, I don't care enough at this point.

Tim_4

Sorry, but when someone with less credibility, Tim_4, says that someone with more credibility, WDW1974, is not being truthful then yes...I do have to question Tim. Sorry. For me to ever consider Tim half way serious when he calls 74 a liar requires me to see proof from him based on his stellar track record.
Didn't call him a liar. Called the $3B bunch liars (or misinformed). 74 never made a $3B claim.

luv

At least you're buying it for the "what if" entertainment value rather than a financial strategy. There are people who drop $10+ a day thinking they'll actually come out ahead.
Lol, I wish I could say it was all entertainment. I actually am hoping that my ticket will be the winner. I know how unlikely it is! Yet, I am still sucker enough to (pathetic as it is) sincerely hope that I will be the lucky one. I will win the three hundred million and build myself a water park to end all water parks. And you all get free admission! (Except PhotoDave, who will not be allowed in as I fear he would pee in the pool.)

I really think that maybe, just maybe, it will be me that wins.

But it is fun, the dream. :)

WDWDad13

Wow, someone on here knows facts - Imagine that. You are 100% correct.

Now that my apologist statement for the month is out of the way...

The fact is that this is a "float" product with reservation windows. There is some leeway as to what rooms during a specified time period are released to members for point bookings vs held back for DVD to rent for cash. You will never know the fine details of how this works unless you work on Celebration Place(or is it Blvd?)

But with two parties competing for desirable room types/views/dates, and DVC controlling what is released to each, whom do you think the allocation favors?

Edit: if a DVC owner converts points to DCL, a WDW/DL/DLRP/TDR/HKDL hotel, basically, the room nights drop over to cash as well.

Exactly. Cash vs DVC rooms

I had forgot that scenario (dvc trading points for another location) however how do they determine when to allocate those rooms into cash? Maybe this is where the fluctuation is coming in people are trying to make Disney is evil theories about?

asianway

Exactly. Cash vs DVC rooms

I had forgot that scenario (dvc trading points for another location) however how do they determine when to allocate those rooms into cash? Maybe this is where the fluctuation is coming in people are trying to make Disney is evil theories about?
There is going to be an updated daily number that is constantly shifting, which is also affected by banking and borrowing of points. This allocation is going to follow certain business rules which are allowed a certain amount of subjectivity based on the timeshare plan documents.

This allocation will always favor the developer. Disney...Marriott...Westgate...go to a timeshare message board and if you think this one is negative and you will find out every timeshare developer will rent desirable rooms leaving the leftovers for the owners. This is why passionate owners argue that once sold out, the developer and manager of a resort should be two separate parties to prevent self dealing. Sadly this is the nature of the beast and why previous posters would never touch timeshare, even Disney, with a 10 foot pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom