Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWDad13

There is going to be an updated daily number that is constantly shifting, which is also affected by banking and borrowing of points. This allocation is going to follow certain business rules which are allowed a certain amount of subjectivity based on the timeshare plan documents.

This allocation will always favor the developer. Disney...Marriott...Westgate...go to a timeshare message board and if you think this one is negative and you will find out every timeshare developer will rent desirable rooms leaving the leftovers for the owners. This is why passionate owners argue that once sold out, the developer and manager of a resort should be two separate parties to prevent self dealing. Sadly this is the nature of the beast and why previous posters would never touch timeshare, even Disney, with a 10 foot pole.

The key to DVC is planning well in advance...book home resort at 11 month window and if desired try to book another one when 7th month window opens for other resorts. Those that wait too late (and I have a time or two) will be left wondering what to do now

asianway

The key to DVC is planning well in advance...book home resort at 11 month window and if desired try to book another one when 7th month window opens for other resorts. Those that wait too late (and I have a time or two) will be left wondering what to do now
Maybe. The question is, of the availability for a prime week, like Easter or Christmas how much of that was placed out to members at 11 months plus 7 or whatever the current rule is. You will never truly know if you had a fair shot.

Longhairbear

There are some very funny things going on at WDW these days and none of it is really funny at all. DVCers try and book at OKW and SSR, places that you pretty much can get into 365 days a year, but are told 'nothing is available' ...at the the same time, CMs can book villas at those resorts for half off with plenty of availability.

Can you say more, or have an opinion why this is happening?
I would think perhaps they are shutting out DVC members who have already paid their maintenance fees, but are selling rooms to CMs for some needed extra cash.
The other reason is that they want DVC members to spend more points at one of the other high point resorts.

WDWDad13

Maybe. The question is, of the availability for a prime week, like Easter or Christmas how much of that was placed out to members at 11 months plus 7 or whatever the current rule is. You will never truly know if you had a fair shot.

Very true - if I couldn't book my home resort on the day of the 11 month window and then none at the 7 month opening I think I'd be done with DVC as would others

WDWDad13

Can you say more, or have an opinion why this is happening?
I would think perhaps they are shutting out DVC members who have already paid their maintenance fees, but are selling rooms to CMs for some needed extra cash.
The other reason is that they want DVC members to spend more points at one of the other high point resorts.

Trust me that isn't it. If I own at Saratoga with the exception of maybe old key west and Animal kingdom the others (depending on room size that is) are hard to get period

Goofyernmost

Just a comment for what it is worth...I know that all of you, 74 included, love to call everyone fanbois or apologist when they have the audacity to question a statement that any of you make. We don't even have to be disagreeing with the topic, just asking where that information comes from. I don't have any reason on earth to not believe the information that 74 gives us, when he gives us information, but that isn't really happening much lately. Innuendo, yup...lots of that. I know something you don't know posts, yup, all kinds of that. Real understandable information that doesn't require a quantum leap of assumption, not so much of that.

You folks have created a feeling that if we don't all follow 74 at a closeness and angle that would tend to leave us in a very compromising spot if he were to stop fast, then we are rubes and idiots that have no ability or even worse the right to think for ourselves. Thinking for ourselves is not always correct, but it is just as correct as trying to guess what every little word and sentence actually means.

I, for one, do not for a moment doubt that he has connections and any connection, even a janitor, is more than I possess but having an idea about what will happen (as fact) does not mean that interpreting or forecasting what might happen is fact and should be presented as such. Criticizing and ridiculing someone because they use a word, commonly used such as IRREGARDLESS when in his "cutesy" way continues to type won't as won,t does not make me jump up and say wow, now there's a guy who sets standards of quality that are impeccable.

I enjoy reading these boards... I'm retired and use this stuff to keep me amused and my mind alive, but honestly for him to come on this thread and basically demand that we talk about nothing other then the information that he really hasn't supplied is a bit much. Tin hat accusations or insinuations of conspiracy with no proof other than what he thinks did not impress me and never will. All that did was fire up the paranoia that some people possess and nothing more. But what 74 says is far less disturbing to me than the way that all his personal fan club have circled the horses and attempt to belittle everyone that has legitimate questions about what is happening and especially why. It kind of makes those of us that appear to be apologists, and I think I have proven that I am not, to be just insincere and ignorant and should just throw ourselves down on the ground and ask for another cup of kool aid. I have no doubt that the majority of the things that 74 has hinted to will come about, I am not near as convinced when what he is trying to sell is what he thinks it all means subversively. That is a situation that he knows they will not waste their time and space to answer and therefore is kind of an unfair fight.

So everyone should just carry on, in my opinion. When some information of relevance comes in the picture, I'm sure we will all drop everything and join in. Until then, I say, do what amuses you and more importantly whatever the owners of this site allow.

Funmeister

It was said a number of times, but, I had been ignoring it because every single time anyone mentioned the cost of this system, it kept going up and up and up. First it was rounded off at 1.5 billion, then 2 billion, then 2.5 billion, then 2.75 billion then 3 billion. It was inflation like even the country of Italy has never seen. One would have to go through 5400 posts to find them plus probably another 5400 that are in other threads, but they are there. If it's really important to you...go ahead and research it, I don't care enough at this point.

I'm not the one who is butt hurt saying that it has been quoted. You need to direct that towards Timmy.

Funmeister

Just a comment for what it is worth...I know that all of you, 74 included, love to call everyone fanbois or apologist when they have the audacity to question a statement that any of you make. We don't even have to be disagreeing with the topic, just asking where that information comes from. I don't have any reason on earth to not believe the information that 74 gives us, when he gives us information, but that isn't really happening much lately. Innuendo, yup...lots of that. I know something you don't know posts, yup, all kinds of that. Real understandable information that doesn't require a quantum leap of assumption, not so much of that.

You folks have created a feeling that if we don't all follow 74 at a closeness and angle that would tend to leave us in a very compromising spot if he were to stop fast, then we are rubes and idiots that have no ability or even worse the right to think for ourselves. Thinking for ourselves is not always correct, but it is just as correct as trying to guess what every little word and sentence actually means.

I, for one, do not for a moment doubt that he has connections and any connection, even a janitor, is more than I possess but having an idea about what will happen (as fact) does not mean that interpreting or forecasting what might happen is fact and should be presented as such. Criticizing and ridiculing someone because they use a word, commonly used such as IRREGARDLESS when in his "cutesy" way continues to type won't as won,t does not make me jump up and say wow, now there's a guy who sets standards of quality that are impeccable.

I enjoy reading these boards... I'm retired and use this stuff to keep me amused and my mind alive, but honestly for him to come on this thread and basically demand that we talk about nothing other then the information that he really hasn't supplied is a bit much. Tin hat accusations or insinuations of conspiracy with no proof other than what he thinks did not impress me and never will. All that did was fire up the paranoia that some people possess and nothing more. But what 74 says is far less disturbing to me than the way that all his personal fan club have circled the horses and attempt to belittle everyone that has legitimate questions about what is happening and especially why. It kind of makes those of us that appear to be apologists, and I think I have proven that I am not, to be just insincere and ignorant and should just throw ourselves down on the ground and ask for another cup of kool aid. I have no doubt that the majority of the things that 74 has hinted to will come about, I am not near as convinced when what he is trying to sell is what he thinks it all means subversively. That is a situation that he knows they will not waste their time and space to answer and therefore is kind of an unfair fight.

So everyone should just carry on, in my opinion. When some information of relevance comes in the picture, I'm sure we will all drop everything and join in. Until then, I say, do what amuses you and more importantly whatever the owners of this site allow.

You are correct but 74 started the thread. It is his thread to post what he wants. I someone disagrees then they should start their own thread. lol

Goofyernmost

You are correct but 74 started the thread. It is his thread to post what he wants. I someone disagrees then they should start their own thread. lol
No that is not how this works. He may start a thread but he doesn't own it. And does that mean that we can only participate if we agree with him? Not much of a discussion is it? If he wants to keep it on track then he needs to be more interactive and keep it on the track. That would require solid information to discuss and that hasn't been forthcoming. I don't see why anyone should think that this should all be archived and kept in some sort of sanctuary until he decides to come back to it. People talk, other subjects come up, it is how this stuff works.

The title is Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV. Are we to think that only his observations and thoughts (not spelled out btw) are relevant and the rest of us don't count? It's not even possible for this thread to go off topic. It never had one to begin with.

twebber55

i will be booking Nov 1 for my june 1 stay.....looking to try something different this time

doctornick

Sorry, but when someone with less credibility, Tim_4, says that someone with more credibility, WDW1974, is not being truthful then yes...I do have to question Tim. Sorry. For me to ever consider Tim half way serious when he calls 74 a liar requires me to see proof from him based on his stellar track record.

First of all, @Tim_4 did not -- to my knowledge -- call @WDW1974 a lier. Tim said that the information he has about room occupancy over the summer was much more favorable towards Disney than what WDW1974 had previously indicated. Now, Tim might be accurate or WDW1974 might be more accurate -- or most likely both are accurate when looking at the data through different filters. So what?

If you want to believe WDW1974 and dismiss Tim_4, knock yourself out. But you called him out and said he had to "produce evidence"? Why? Where has that burden of proof fallen on anyone on here? Tim_4 has indeed provided valid inside info, stuff that has been confirmed by people like @articos and Martin so I'm pretty confident he has his sources just like WDW1974 has his. But different people and different sources might indicate different things. That doesn't mean that either is lying with the "facts" that they offer here on a message board.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Neither is "MyMagic+" or "MagicBand" but, irregardless, we still are cursed with both of them too.:D
Dang, if we're going to have a grammar lesson, could we start with the homonym pairs/trios: they're/there/their; you're/your; then (time) & than (comparative); it's/its?

I do professional editing as a side job, and I am ashamed to admit that I have been guilty of saying "irregardless" once or twice. I've never written it, mind you.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I know all the legalities of it and I have all the member paperwork

As do the people you are arguing with. Paper means little in the hands of a big corporation. You seem to be a bit trusting. Go leave $1000 in cash on the street and see if it is there in the morning.

Plenty more is going on about this than you apparently wish to accept. Multiple people calling in 7 months out complaining of no availability at their home resort. Told there are no openings. Then DVC MAGICally can accommodate them, then and there. There are fishy items going on compared to even two years ago.

But hey, some people make investments and are willing to turn the blind eye and ignore items. Not everyone does though. Those who are not afraid to look an issue straight in the face end up making items better for all in the long run. A types and B Types.

At heart we all just wannaB@Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom