Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Who said anything about it being hard to understand? But as a DVC member, there is an expectation that room availability should not be dictated by Disney seeking to open more and more rooms to cash purchasers as we're seeing now.

Keep in mind from the sounds of it that more are open to CM than guests. Hmm now why on Earth would it be hidden from general public eye. I wonder wonder wonder wonder WHATS IN A WONDER BALL!

Maybe someone can verify that... not like it matters to some though.

Clever Name

Correct. All in, the project will probably be somewhere in the $2B neighborhood when all is said and done. The problem is, when people say $2B, others interpret that as "$2B SO FAR, with more to come." That's where the misconceptions come from.
Facts and figures are boring things but hyperbole gets the minions excited. Me included! :joyfull:

Tim_4

Keep in mind from the sounds of it that more are open to CM than guests. Hmm now why on Earth would it be hidden from general public eye. I wonder wonder wonder wonder WHATS IN A WONDER BALL!

What are you implying? Sounds conspiracy theory-ish.

WDWDad13

So what's the theory there then. The original theory was dvc trying to make more from cash reservations

It's all speculation
And it's all false
More members in dvc then every before

There you go

WDWDad13

Of course, especially those with CM discounts or through overseas packages....

lol

Ok I'll try one more time...slower

At DVC resorts there are different allocated rooms

Some for DVC points
Some for cash reservations (yep, this even includes CMs and even the UK)

It is common to see no DVC availability but availability for cash reservations. We're not reinventing the wheel here and this is nothing new

Move along nothing to see here.
Good try from some of you though (starting with wdw1974 again) continuing the Disney is the root of all evil bit with this made up theory

I look forward to tonight or tomorrow's episode

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
lol

Ok I'll try one more time...slower

At DVC resorts there are different allocated rooms

Some for DVC points
Some for cash reservations (yep, this even includes CMs and even the UK)

It is common to see no DVC availability but availability for cash reservations. We're not reinventing the wheel here and this is nothing new

Move along nothing to see here.
Good try from some of you though (starting with wdw1974 again) continuing the Disney is the root of all evil bit with this made up theory
And yet there's more openings for those with the cash right now than those with the points. Thats the rub. But, nice try....

WDWDad13

And yet there's more openings for those with the cash right now than those with the points. Thats the rub. But, nice try....

OMG how do you not get this!?!? lol

More people have booked point rooms vs cash. C'mon now you're trying hard but.....swing and a miss

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So what's the theory there then. The original theory was dvc trying to make more from cash reservations

It's all speculation
And it's all false
More members in dvc then every before

There you go
So because there are more DVC members than ever before it gives Disney the right to deny a DVC member a room and let it go unused unless someone is paying cash for the same room? They should stop promoting DVC until they catch up if that is the case. I highly doubt SSR is EVER at full capacity yet blue ocean strategy or whatever mathematical equation they use will prohibit a DVC member who has paid thousands of dollars to join from getting a room. Is it really that hard for Disney to let a DVC member book a room that has not been allocated for DVC use?

Tim_4

Two cups. One is empty. The other is half full of water. If you would like a sip, you must drink from the half full cup. The other one is empty.

MattM

So because there are more DVC members than ever before it gives Disney the right to deny a DVC member a room and let it go unused unless someone is paying cash for the same room? They should stop promoting DVC until they catch up if that is the case. I highly doubt SSR is EVER at full capacity yet blue ocean strategy or whatever mathematical equation they use will prohibit a DVC member who has paid thousands of dollars to join from getting a room. Is it really that hard for Disney to let a DVC member book a room that has not been allocated for DVC use?

^Blue Ocean would literally have nothing to do with this.

Tim_4

Yes, actually. It has to do with legal mumbo jumbo and is way more complicated than you make it seem. "Disney" is made up of dozens of unique legal entities and it's even more of a cluster when DVC is involved. DVC inventory isn't even owned by the same legal entity as cash inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom