Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildcatDen

Nobody took a shot. He merely stated that traditional kids items are clearly on the menu (see below), and if the kids "felt brave" they could order from the full menu. That isn't a shot.
Your opinion (which I respect). I read more into it than that. My "kids" are older than the kids menu limit age and do not order from the kids menu anywhere we go. We can only hope that Nexgen will, at some point, allow park restaraunts to behave more like the Jetsons where you can just say what you want and 'poof' out comes your chicken fettuccuni. . .

WildcatDen

This is going to sound incredibly lowbrow... but I have found the filet at the Texas Roadhouse chain to be outstanding any time I've had it.

I have NEVER had a bad meak at Texas Roadhouse but I usually get the ribeye. To Dave, they just opened a Ruth Chris in Cincinnati and we have a Morton's. Good stuff. Consistent but I think Ruby's joints are a bit better.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is going to sound incredibly lowbrow... but I have found the filet at the Texas Roadhouse chain to be outstanding any time I've had it.

And they do takeout (or curbside to go). After having kids I found out which of the chain places have the best food. Texas Roadhouse beats Outback and Longhorn for the chain steaks in my book.

I think I did Shula's once in Chicago. Is it the place with the menu written on a football? If so it was gooood:)

maxairmike

In addition to Mythos, Confisco Grill is another excellent in park restaurant at IOA.

The house burger with the peach BBQ sauce is delicious, and the sauce is surprisingly great. I wasn't sure what to expect, but man I want to start putting that sauce on burgers everywhere!

BryceM

In addition to Mythos, Confisco Grill is another excellent in park restaurant at IOA.
Yes, I agree. I think it might often be overshadowed by Mythos. Mythos is great, yes, but Confisco Grill is also great. I also just love the facade (well all of Port of Entry actually). And I know some people really enjoy the Backwater Bar.

wogwog

Just questioning the methodology.

We should question the methodology big time. I hear quite another story from front line cast and Guest Relations cast I know. Away from work and off property of course. Still massive issues. Some common some just really strange. None of them I talk to believe the company Kool Aid spin. The poor cast members tasked to work the MyMagic minus service centers say they see a lot of bland stares while they attempt to teach the guests about this junk. Who wants to go on vacation and have to take a lesson on how to enjoy the park? Locals, AP holders, over 50 age group, and those who hate smart phones are many times just hostile about the changes or walk away shaking their head. I wonder if anyone of a higher authority like a GM or such have been brave enough to work at a service center anonymously and get a true reaction instead of waiting for the filtered comments served to them with a summary and a spin to positive.

Today a local reporter for the Orlando Sentinel had a not so positive group of comments from guests he interviewed on their on line edition. He had another ariticle comparing the cost to Disney compared to what Uni is doing building rides and attractions. Neither article is flattering to WDW. The paper site has a pay wall.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I fall for swag! If Disney wants to give me free trips and stuff, I'll say the FPP is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
Me too.

And everyone knows that if you cross your fingers behind your back, it's not really a lie.

Reactions: luv

71jason

Does Finnegan's have a burger? I can't remember.

They do--it's ... adequate. But if you're friends with the server, he can jazz it up with some off-menu stuff (mushrooms, two kinds of cheese, potato-onion web) and make it pretty amazing.

If you really want a burger, go to CityWalk--Hard Rock or Buffet's (or NBA if it's still open). Better than anywhere in the parks, including Krusty Burger. At Finns, stick with the Shepherds Pie or Bangers & Mash. Or just the beer.

ParentsOf4

A lot of Cast Members are not happy with MM+. Many are upset this money was not spent on more immediate issues at Walt Disney World.

And not to mention all of the coverage this gets internally. It's almost a joke now because of how GREAT everything is about MM+.
Within nearly every megacorporation, when HR repeatedly insists that a program is great, that's a guarantee that the program is a disaster. :rolleyes:

I can't help but think of Kevin Bacon in Animal House:

"Remain calm. All is well!" :D

Last edited:

SirLink

I had the Beef Medallions the last time I was at Mythos in July and thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

At $16.99, it was an outstanding value and excellent food for a theme park.

Compare that to the Brown Derby's Chicken Breast ($30), Pork Chop ($33), Bison ($38), or Filet ($42). :eek:

Its not as bad when you get a decent rate conversion so it comes out at prices I would pay here at home though. :greedy:.

stevehousse

Ok I know its very late, but I have to get this out there!

Go out and seek the new documentary "Terms and Conditions May Apply". It premiered in the middle of July and can be found online which is where I just got done watching it! Don't know if its out anywhere or not???

For all the MM+ and privacy issues everyone speaks of, I think you have a lot more to worry about than just them! This documentary is very scary and everyone out there needs to go and see it!

There have been so many posts on here speaking of Privacy and the right to privacy, your privacy went out the window the day the patriot act was signed and had only become worse over the years. Privacy is dead as we know it! Welcome to the new age of technology...

Please see this film before you go off ranting about how I am wrong and we all have a right to privacy still...we don't...

Very scary...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Ok I know its very late, but I have to get this out there!

Go out and seek the new documentary "Terms and Conditions May Apply". It premiered in the middle of July and can be found online which is where I just got done watching it! Don't know if its out anywhere or not???

For all the MM+ and privacy issues everyone speaks of, I think you have a lot more to worry about than just them! This documentary is very scary and everyone out there needs to go and see it!

There have been so many posts on here speaking of Privacy and the right to privacy, your privacy went out the window the day the patriot act was signed and had only become worse over the years. Privacy is dead as we know it! Welcome to the new age of technology...

Please see this film before you go off ranting about how I am wrong and we all have a right to privacy still...we don't...

Very scary...
But you still have the option to not participate.

With every choice comes a price.

ParentsOf4

But you still have the option to not participate.

With every choice comes a price.
Making a choice requires having the information needed to make an informed choice.

We are in the infancy of the commercial Internet and personal data collection; the Wild West period if you will. Lawlessness abounds. Reasonable protections and rules must be established in order for this period to end.

The book Unsafe at Any Speed: The Designed-In Dangers of the American Automobile by Ralph Nader was published in 1965 and documented decades of systemic safety abuse by the auto industry. It took decades after that publication for cars to be manufactured to what today would be considered reasonable safety standards.

In the Information Age, we consumers need more information regarding how our information is collected and used along with regulations protecting our information from misuse.

The problem we face today in an age of rapidly changing technology is that the government can't keep up with the change while the private sector will resist any regulation that impacts profits (like the auto industry did).

Companies such as Disney and Google will insist that our information is safe, that our information is not being abused. We should trust them about the same as GM or Ford should have been trusted in the 1960s.

As happened in so many other industries, it might take decades of consumer activism before reasonable rules are established for the collection and use of our information in the Information Age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom