Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

danv3

I don't even know how someone from Disney could have told Garcia the 80% comment without laughing.

That will go down in history with the "lights of winter are obsolete tech" comment.

Goofyernmost

I didn't read it with any tone. He was answering the question. Stand-by is forced through the cemetery. Whether you like the place you are forced to doesn't change the fact that you're forced there.

I was forced to eat veggies as a kid. When that meant potatoes or corn, yay! I was forced to eat something I liked. When it was broccoli...well, that was another story, which my parents do not come off well in, when I tell it. Best not to speak I'll of the dead, so I'll leave that there. ;) But in both cases, I was forced to eat the veggies.
Notice that I used that little "winky" (something about that sounds bad) in my post as well. I was just messing with him. However, I do like that area and think it is very clever, so I see it more as those people with FP are Forced to bypass the cemetery. In this case Forced means to be made to do something you don't want to do. Right? Broccoli sound familiar? :hungry:

PhotoDave219

If that isn't a glass half empty statement I never heard one. Maybe to some people the extended queue is a reward for not having a FPP. I kinda enjoy playing with the stuff myself, pushing the buttons, touching the whatsits, listening to the whosits. But then again, my glass is half full! I smell the roses...others can't get near them without attracting the thorns so they must rush on by. ;):arghh::joyfull:

I didn't read it with any tone. He was answering the question. Stand-by is forced through the cemetery. Whether you like the place you are forced to doesn't change the fact that you're forced there.

I was forced to eat veggies as a kid. When that meant potatoes or corn, yay! I was forced to eat something I liked. When it was broccoli...well, that was another story, which my parents do not come off well in, when I tell it. Best not to speak I'll of the dead, so I'll leave that there. But in both cases, I was forced to eat the veggies.

Heh its all good.... I like the extended queue, i think its very well done. The standby line is routed through that way instead of walking straight in.

PhotoDave219

Notice that I used that little "winky" (something about that sounds bad) in my post as well. I was just messing with him. However, I do like that area and think it is very clever, so I see it more as those with FP people are Forced to bypass the cemetery. In this case Forced means to be made to do something you don't want to do. Right? Broccoli sound familiar? :hungry:

Oh its horribly clever, especially the "who killed who" game....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For sheer numbers, perhaps. But I think we're part of the "vocal minority" Disney holds in disdain where MM+ is concerned....

Plus, Steve doesn't fall for swag.

Agreed. I wasn't implying this site was part of the swag part, but from reading all of the posts here the majority here seem to have a pretty negative impression. I would say that even those who aren't positive are in the "wait and see" camp. Very few people seem to be firmly in the positive category.

PhotoDave219

Agreed. I wasn't implying this site was part of the swag part, but from reading all of the posts here the majority here seem to have a pretty negative impression. I would say that even those who aren't positive are in the "wait and see" camp. Very few people seem to be firmly in the positive category.

Lemmie guess.... none of the actual concerns, issues and problems came up?

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure how anyone can be positive or negative about something that doesn't exist yet. If we had the entire, certified, sworn to, list of what it is going to do for Disney, it would still be impossible to be convincingly negative or positive about it. It is an idea at this point. They may have wanted it to be a reality by now, but somehow forgot just how messed up anything to do with the wonders of technology can be. Some of it COULD benefit us as guests, some of it COULD be a problem for guests, but until it actually is a tangible product we just don't know what the end result will be. So I remain cautious, not for, not against, yet. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm not sure how anyone can be positive or negative about something that doesn't exist yet. If we had the entire, certified, sworn to, list of what it is going to do for Disney, it would still be impossible to be convincingly negative or positive about it. It is an idea at this point. They may have wanted it to be a reality by now, but somehow forgot just how messed up anything to do with the wonders of technology can be. Some of it COULD benefit us as guests, some of it COULD be a problem for guests, but until it actually is a tangible product we just don't know what the end result will be. So I remain cautious, not for, not against, yet. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

So the "wait and see camp"

Lee

Adventurer
They have admitted that there will be no "day of" Fastpasses held in reserve for us non-planners.
That's all I needed to hear.
Negative.

luv

They have already put FP lines in rides that didn't have FP before. That's not a wait-and-see thing. That's done.

Lines are longer than they should be in the stand-by.

Me no likey.

Goofyernmost

They have admitted that there will be no "day of" Fastpasses held in reserve for us non-planners.
That's all I needed to hear.
Negative.
To a certain extent I can agree with you on that. I still believe that the backlash from that will be huge, especially if, unlike Universal, they don't provide a way to take advantage of FP without the advance planning. I don't care how big Disney is... like hundreds of giant companies before them, they can be brought to their knees. So I see that as a negotiable plan at the moment.

Goofyernmost

They have already put FP lines in rides that didn't have FP before. That's not a wait-and-see thing. That's done.

Lines are longer than they should be in the stand-by.

Me no likey.
I see that as more of a "create demand" move then anything else. Just because they have a FP line doesn't mean that it will be overrun or that it will, in rides like Pirates, create a much longer wait. Especially if they use both sides of the loading area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom