Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magenta Panther

Why did you like my post, @Magenta Panther ?
FYI There was a line for Muppet*Vision... We got to see a lot of the pre-show.

Would you rather I unlike it?

Half-full, huh, during WDW's busy season? Interesting. When I've gone to WDW during those months I've mentioned, Mickey's Philharmagic is always full to bursting. ALWAYS. I've never seen that theater half-full. Thanks for the info. You kind of proved my point. :)

Last edited:

luv

I like the Muppets. :) Wouldn't sit through a movie, but how can you not love Kermit? He's so dear. And being green...it's not always easy.

I don't think CMs all over the place should be getting people's personal info. It's just too easy for someone to call up their criminal buddies and say, "She's not home - go rob the house." Not that I'm all that worried, lol. But still, it's just not a good idea.

PhotoDave219

I have no qualms with offending the gods of foam rubber. Or their worshippers. If the Muppets were so popular with so many people, that last film would have been a blockbuster, instead of a minor hit, if that.

I'm just saying that if we have no qualms sticking our hands in the backside of a puppet, what do you think we'll do with you? :D

PhotoDave219

As one of the people who has been sent off several times, I can give a general list of what we want when we go.

1. Sending us to war should be the last option.
2. If you send us, give us what we need to win.
3. The path to victory is bloody and cruel. This isn't Hollywood.
4. LET US WIN!!!
5. Treat us fairly when we return.

This is what I think of when people say that they support the troops; especially numbers 1 and 4.

Ed, thats exactly what I would have said. Be safe.

PhotoDave219

How many front porches of parents with dead kids have you camped out on?

The business is prey on prey and it is sick. That's why I left the business.

Is this getting off topic?

No, I refuse to camp out on porches.

I had a tabloid call me & offer me money to do something Zimmermann related; I politely demmured. I have no desire to camp out on a porch.

Television news seems to be all about ratings and anything to get them. Thankfully, I'm not in TV.

PhotoDave219

Wow. Bit of a stretch there Dave. Been taking ballet? No, I am all for making sure when our soldiers go into harms way, it is NOT A FAIR fight. Meaning, I want to see them come home to their families. Contrary to what so many people here on this website think, there is a lot more evil in this world than WDW management.

Carry on, I misunderstood at whatever hour of the morning it was....

(Taking Ballet? There was this dancer I knew once....)

Magenta Panther

I like the Muppets. :) Wouldn't sit through a movie, but how can you not love Kermit? He's so dear. And being green...it's not always easy.

I don't think CMs all over the place should be getting people's personal info. It's just too easy for someone to call up their criminal buddies and say, "She's not home - go rob the house." Not that I'm all that worried, lol. But still, it's just not a good idea.

I'll just say that Kermit is no Mickey Mouse, and leave it at that.

Privacy is to be treasured in this day and age. I don't know what to make of what some people are posting here about the Magic Bands...it's pretty scary. But then I'm not going to wear them in any case. It's the principle of the thing - also I'm ticked that Iger spent so much of the company's resources on them. Meanwhile, the yeti remains broken. Iger is such a tool.

luv

To a professional thief, MM+ is no better or worse than existing systems. Just different.

A determined thief will be able to hack any system designed for millions in a shockingly brief amount of time.
It isn't the big-time thieves that concern me. It's the little, two-bit thieves who would need to take advantage of their minimum-wage-earning friend's access to the fact that people are not home right now...and here is the address!!

That's a concern.

PhotoDave219

The Muppet Movie Blu-Ray Combo pack is coming out. :D

PhotoDave219

Would you rather I unlike it?

Half-full, huh, during WDW's busy season? Interesting. When I've gone to WDW during those months I've mentioned, Mickey's Philharmagic is always full to bursting. ALWAYS. I've never seen that theater half-full. Thanks for the info. You kind of proved my point. :)

Ive never seen Mickey's Philharmagic full. Not since Its opening year in 2004.

luv

I'll just say that Kermit is no Mickey Mouse, and leave it at that.

Privacy is to be treasured in this day and age. I don't know what to make of what some people are posting here about the Magic Bands...it's pretty scary. But then I'm not going to wear them in any case. It's the principle of the thing - also I'm ticked that Iger spent so much of the company's resources on them. Meanwhile, the yeti remains broken. Iger is such a tool.
LOL, you're entitled to not like the Muppets and to say so. :) And it is true that the attraction isn't the most popular one in the world. Neither is the Star Wars attraction, which I don't like, except for the well done and funny queue.

I do love Kermit, though, and had to represent.

asianway

That's absurd. How did you come up with me having a problem with CMs.

But I do work in the News industry in Orlando and have covered 3 different Disney CMs getting arrested on child predator charges since Jan. AND I have 2 teenage daughters. And since we are local, I would prefer stuff like their home address not be available to 66,000 Cast Members.

Seriously, I might as well take out a roadside billboard, put their pictures on it and our address in big flashing letters.
Im reading the replies to you on this thread, and although I thought Ive seen some Pixie-dusted blinder posts on this board before, these take the cake.

nytimez

I'm not lyin', dude. It's always full when I'm there. Which sucks, because the best seats are in the middle. And I can seldom get one there.

So they offer "surprise" fastpasses for it to drive more people to it because it's so full?

Honestly, it seems to draw very Muppetvision-like crowds whenever I'm there, which is a shame because it is a nice show in a crowded park. It should do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom