Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWDad13

I like the Muppets. :) Wouldn't sit through a movie, but how can you not love Kermit? He's so dear. And being green...it's not always easy.

the problem I think with the muppets is they haven't been done correctly in a loooong time...

bring back the Muppet Show to Disney Channel... have some adult humor in there as well like the old days

the muppet characters could be great and funny for all ages - IF done correctly

stevehousse

Again, all these accusations and assumptions without even knowing the truth or what is true or false.

Again, I would love to see the concrete evidence that all the cms have your addresses and credit card info in the palm of their hands!

All this hearsay Is just that and a lot of you are going way overboard with this issue that isn't really an issue to begin with.

With all this talk I keep getting that's YouTube video stuck in my head "hide your wife, hide your kids" lmao

luv

Let's keep that talk out, please. Some of us haven't watched from the start and are binging to catch up (and won't before the end).
Yo, bitc#, you should've been watching from the beginning!

It is absolutely a show you want to watch in order. If you were just going to tune in for the end, that would be fine...you'd get into it. But if you want to watch them all (and you should, it's a great show), you should watch them in order.

My Tervis cups are in the dishwasher and I'm drinking from my Los Pollos Hermanos cup right now. :) (If you aren't there yet, don't worry, it wasn't a spoiler.)

I googled info on how to make the product Walt makes and the industry itself. Until I cleared my cookies, all my banner ads were for people who regularly use that product and are unable to not use it. (I dare not say the name of it or the A word for fear of more banner ads.) Be careful what you google, lol.

Beholder

I hope all the NextGen stuff isn't nefarious in design, but some aspects are troubling. However, it does remind me of the "Millennium Bug" of 2000'. People had genuine concerns about the collapse of civilization in one degree or another. I think this was result of to little info and people tend to fill in the blanks with a healthy dose of negative. In the end, nothing of much consequence happened. The difference, obviously, is this has been created and will be implemented by a private corporation. One that HAS the answers. I think being a little more forthcoming with those answers will go a long way in dispelling or confirming our fears.

Just a thought on why I and others may find the idea of "data mining" so "wrong". I grew up with Disney. I grew up going there, watching the movies, and in turn have brought my family into the WDW fold. With this "heritage", I "trust" Disney. I trust them to provide quality entertainment, quality vacation options, and quality experiences based on an ideal implemented by Walt. What makes me the most angry is the "company" KNOWS I trust the NAME, and are willing to trade on that. I really, really, hope this is nothing, but I don't see much in this for me, certainly not in improving the quality of my experience, so I have to ask why. And by using my trust, I do know how.

Magenta Panther

morsel.jpg

I offer this puppeh in hopes that it will calm the magicband paranoia and rampant nerd rage here.

Magenta Panther

So they offer "surprise" fastpasses for it to drive more people to it because it's so full?

Honestly, it seems to draw very Muppetvision-like crowds whenever I'm there, which is a shame because it is a nice show in a crowded park. It should do better.

I don't know anything about any surprise fastpasses. I just know that it's always full when I visit it. And I visit it several times during my stays at WDW. It's one of my top faves.

Now One Man's Dream...it's lucky if it's half full any time I visit. THAT makes me sad. Not long ago, somebody put a bubble machine in front of it, hoping to attract guests' attention. But that's not much of a solution. What TDO should do is put it in an appropriately lavish building away from Pixar Place so it'll get noticed. A castle-shaped building, with a lit marquee. instead of that bland mini-warehouse. Walt deserves better.

bubbles1812

I'm not lyin', dude. It's always full when I'm there. Which sucks, because the best seats are in the middle. And I can seldom get one there.
You've actually seen that place full? Not saying your lying at all, but I have to confirm what all the others have said... I've been in multiple months including the dead of summer, and I have never once seen the place more than half full. That's no guarantee I get good seats as many of the buttholes in attendance don't know the meaning of the words "move down to the end of the row," but seriously, Ive never seen it full.

The concept of someone using a FP for it is laughable to me... And it is totally one of my favorite attractions.

Never really seen any of the 3D shows full... I have never seen One Man's Dream, not that it is 3D. But since you were talking about it above. Never have enough time for the amount of time I allot to be in DHS. (DHS is always a place I'm in for some of the day before I park hop elsewhere)

nytimez

Now One Man's Dream...it's lucky if it's half full any time I visit. THAT makes me sad. Not long ago, somebody put a bubble machine in front of it, hoping to attract guests' attention. But that's not much of a solution. What TDO should do is put it in an appropriately lavish building away from Pixar Place so it'll get noticed. A castle-shaped building, with a lit marquee. instead of that bland mini-warehouse. Walt deserves better.

They should put his famous quote out there, too:

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing: It was all started by a series of mergers and acquisitions."

Captain Chaos

Ok, I read a few more of the posts here and feel I need to chime in... Why are people laughing and mocking Disneyhead or other parents who are only concerned about the safety and security of their children? Those that mock and laugh at them, do you not worry about your children, providing you have any? Why can't they have a concern over the information a CM has, a CM who SHOULD NOT have access to ANY of the guests' information? Because it is Disney where everything is pixie dust, princesses, and magical? They have every right to be concerned...

A member here stated once where she was made to feel uncomfortable by an aggressive male CM, who thought maybe he was doing no harm by flirting... Now, arm that CM, who was being a creeper, with an iPad and this person's itinerary and WDW vacation plans, and now that CM can up his pursuit... Before this nonsense, this CM had no way of knowing where Ms. WDWMAgic member was going to be at any time of any day in any park during her stay... Pop out the iPad, access her info, now he will know what hotel she is staying at, room number, NAME, her whole itinerary including FP time reservations and ADRs... Why should this CM have this information? He shouldn't... Is it a bit extreme to say someone is going to do something bad with this info? Maybe, maybe not... But Disneyhead or any other person should be concerned about this... They are not wrong for having this concern, nor are they wrong for voicing it....

WDW1974

Original Poster
You walk away for a bit to deal with the real world and chaos develops. UGH!!!

Seriously, can we get this discussion on track (no, one poster's bizarre fixation with the Muppets would not be that)? What good is meaty information if you guys turn around and bury it? The Orlando Sentinel is FINALLY looking into a story on NGE and there is no better source of information Disney doesn't want out there than this one as well as Spirited discussion.

If you don't want to discuss it, fine. But I'd respectfully ask that if you want to discuss magenta's issues, Breaking Bad or the like can we move it over to another thread? Like say the D23 one or the rapid fill mugs as they are discussions about nothing.

Oh, and I'll be dropping some more NGE info here later today that may make you even more uncomfortable and creeped out by it.

lazyboy97o

A member here stated once where she was made to feel uncomfortable by an aggressive male CM, who thought maybe he was doing no harm by flirting... Now, arm that CM, who was being a creeper, with an iPad and this person's itinerary and WDW vacation plans, and now that CM can up his pursuit... Before this nonsense, this CM had no way of knowing where Ms. WDWMAgic member was going to be at any time of any day in any park during her stay... Pop out the iPad, access her info, now he will know what hotel she is staying at, room number, NAME, her whole itinerary including FP time reservations and ADRs... Why should this CM have this information? He shouldn't... Is it a bit extreme to say someone is going to do something bad with this info? Maybe, maybe not... But Disneyhead or any other person should be concerned about this... They are not wrong for having this concern, nor are they wrong for voicing it....
I too brought this up in one of these threads recently. Maybe @aristo_cat can come tell us how she would have felt knowing that guy was seeing exactly where she was heading and would be for the rest of her visit.

TalkingHead

Seriously, can we get this discussion on track (no, one poster's bizarre fixation with the Muppets would not be that)? What good is meaty information if you guys turn around and bury it? The Orlando Sentinel is FINALLY looking into a story on NGE and there is no better source of information Disney doesn't want out there than this one as well as Spirited discussion.

Not sure what there's to say about the Sentinel's forthcoming story, since it's not published yet. But Garcia tweeted today: "Also, spoke to a couple of Wall Street analyst types about MyMagic+. Both thought the project is brilliant."

So I guess there's nothing to worry about. Wall Street's down with MM+.

Captain Chaos

Not sure what there's to say about the Sentinel's forthcoming story, since it's not published yet. But Garcia tweeted today: "Also, spoke to a couple of Wall Street analyst types about MyMagic+. Both thought the project is brilliant."

So I guess there's nothing to worry about. Wall Street's down with MM+.
Wall Street: home of sleezebags, crooks, criminals, lowest of the lows... Anything Wall Street is for, you should be against...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom