Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

It is. Except the giant spinning part at the very end that makes you wanna puke.

Its significantly more difficult than Buzz but not as hard to get a high score as TSMM.

Edit: I really dislike the autosave feature, especially when its something you chose not to click "send" on....
I like spinning! Sounds fun. One of these days when I get around to going to Uni, I'll be sure to check it out.

Clever Name

Yes but the guests have no idea how to use them, thus doubling the length of time it takes to get in the park.
For most of us there's a learning curve. For others, they'll just continue to go around in circles no matter what.

The new system allows you to pass those bewildered folks. It's similar to the people that never learn that there are two lines at every counter service cash register.

SirLink

If I had to choose:
Alan Horn COO (Frank)
Kathleen Kennedy CEO (Michael)
Stacey Snider Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios
Matt Ouimet and a Luxury Hotel Exec Co SVPs of P&R

Stacey is 52, Kathy is 60 and Alan is ??

I personally wouldn't put Kennedy anywhere near the top place let us run her division and keep it at that.

Tom Morrow

Buzz isn't just sad compared to MIB, its sad compared to its sister attraction, Astro Blasters at Disneyland. There, the targets are all animated and all respond when shot. They have LED indicators on them so you know that you hit them. On Buzz at MK, its never really clear if you're just supposed to hit the target or hit the black circle in the center of the target... either way, only some of your hits ever register. Also on Astro Blasters, little additions like bonus targets will activate by being highlighted with different color LEDs, which give you more points. And, most importantly, you can HOLD THE GUN IN YOUR HAND.

Not only does Buzz at MK fall short in those ways, its extra frustrating because what's there doesn't even really work. I know where the high scoring targets are, and the only reason I've never maxed out my score is because the targets don't register!

The one thing I wish they would fix in MIB is the ability to shoot your own vehicle to gain points. Everyone knows about it now and exploits it, but what fun is that?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Buzz isn't just sad compared to MIB, its sad compared to its sister attraction, Astro Blasters at Disneyland. There, the targets are all animated and all respond when shot. They have LED indicators on them so you know that you hit them. On Buzz at MK, its never really clear if you're just supposed to hit the target or hit the black circle in the center of the target... either way, only some of your hits ever register. Also on Astro Blasters, little additions like bonus targets will activate by being highlighted with different color LEDs, which give you more points. And, most importantly, you can HOLD THE GUN IN YOUR HAND.

I think this highlights the difference between what a forward thinking division/company would do and what TDO does. We should have had those upgrades AGES ago, but they don't care.

Black Pearl

Yes.
The day MiB opened Buzz should have been closed.

Disney closes enough of their own rides based on other reasons and closing a ride based on another companies different take on the same concept would shutter any theme park.

Black Pearl

Only here can you openly talk about never paying a company for hotel rooms, sodas, EMH, etc and complain when the company takes other measures to raise revenues.

This is a very funny irony you point out here that actually made me laugh.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
honestly...why is that a big deal? They have your history at the parks while you're at the parks? I just don't see what is so troubling. It's not like there is any criminal past or all your web browser searches since you were a teen showing up you don't want someone at the emporium seeing. lol

when we make an "account" online....it tracks EVERYTHING we do (a lot more than we realize)... just like this site. If Disney didn't collect history now some of us wouldn't be mailed discounts

Who has my history at the parks? Disney can compile some data currently, but they don't make that openly available to just any cast member. Currently there is not a system that allows cast members to know my detailed plans. This is a large quantity of employees that will not only know where I've been, but where I'm going too. That is troubling to me. As an example, lets say a 20 something cast member from the college program sees my teenage daughter and takes a liking to her. Maybe he attempts to strike up a conversation or flirt a little. Even if she shows no interest he now knows which park she will be in each day and specific rides she will be on at specific times, he knows where she will be eating and what time. That is just plain too much info and could be potentially dangerous. This is just one example and since I don't have a teenage daughter, not a real life issue for me personally, but swap out the college program guy with a pedophile. With 2 young sons that would be a big concern to me. I was one of the people that dismissed this as an issue when it was first brought up because I didn't think there would be any chance Disney would be foolish enough to make the real time and future data available to CMs. Do we really want all those people knowing so much info? Plenty of people choose to broadcast their lives on Facebook and twitter and such but its their choice to give the world as many or as few details about their lives and their actions as they see fit. This is forcing me to give mass quantities of people more details about myself and my plans than I am comfortable sharing.

If you take the Target example, they are compiling tons of data on you as a shopper. They know when you or your wife is pregnant. The big difference to me is that some guy in a cubicle in Minnesota is compiling that data and using it to send out coupons. I am one of millions of faceless names in a customer database. They aren't making the personal data they have compiled on me available to every cashier in every Target store. I would be disturbed if I walked into my local Target and the cashier said to me congrats on your wife's pregnancy and I hope your rash has cleared up. What Disney is doing sounds like the equivalent of that. I don't have a problem being a faceless name in a database of millions of guests but I do have an issue when info that I have not chosen to share with some waiter in a restaurant appears on his iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom