Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's quite legit, whether you allegedly looked and found anything or not. They are involved in the implmentation of the entire NGE project. But again, take a shot because you know people won't be able to type this into a search box and find an answer, so they either believe me or you.

It's not a 'shot' - I was asked (in that message, and in part to the one I replied to here) if I work for a company involved in the project. I was saying I don't know if they are.. I can't confirm nor deny it because I can't find any info to say either way beyond your post. I'm not going to say Cisco isn't - because I don't know. I'm not going to say Cisco is.. because... I don't know. That's what the words were saying.

Stop LYING. I have never called YOU a plant. You are here because you enjoy Disney and enjoy telling everyone how smart you are and know more than they do about everything. And I'm sure it doesn't Klout or even clout with the company to be extolling the virtues of onerous technology that is taking over our lives ... and enriching you as it does so.

You have repeatedly called into question my independence and sincerity of my posts inferring I have some skin in the game. You do in replies to me, you do it in innuendo in other posts. You didn't call me a plant outright -- you attacked me repeatedly (and others) by insinuating nefarious reasons for the posts and other conflicts of interest.

All based on your ignorance of the truth - a information gap you conveniently held onto because your tactic of trying to discredit people by using uncertainty could only be done 'truthfully' as long as you don't know the real facts. You talk to people in back channels constantly - you know where the private messages are - but you didn't pursue the truth by asking because using uncertainty was far more useful to you than the actual truth.

I told you repeatedly - if you want to know just ask (or follow about four clicks in google) - but you chose not to... not because it doesn't interest you (else why else would you consistently post about it and bring people's professional backgrounds into the conversation?) - but because the truth didn't serve you. I put it out there on my own initiative to stop this stupidity of yours and make it so everyone can see your little games for exactly what they are.

And I'm so glad someone pointed out Klout to you.. :rolleyes: Why you keep 'name dropping' that useless thing I have no idea. It's the laughing stock of most real online influencers. Why not keep referencing MySpace as the new social hangout...

But I've never called you ignorant. And I've never taken shots at your intelligence. Yet you continually do so

Because you keep demonstrating it. You show no fear for jumping far ahead of your actual supporting material. It is obvious you have no clue what so ever on how a company such as Cisco actually functions (or disfunctions may be more appropriate...). Yet you're ready to go in guns blazing. When you flail around like that, there is likely going to be others in the room who can see the movement for exactly what it is..

because while you wallow in YOUR ignorance, those of us who do know how badly things are going on the implimentation end by YOUR company can have a rational discussion sans personal insults.

You brought this on yourself. Your little jabs, your questioning of integrity, your near constant tossing in of uncertainty about 3rd parties when responding to another.. you came after people. You're no victim here.. when you pull crap like that people are going to call you out. And if you come after me like you have, eventually I'm going to set you straight and call a spade a spade.

I wonder how much Cisco is going to be paying you today to sit on a computer and post on MAGIC when you're supposed to be working for them. ... maybe that's the problem in WDW too!

Right back to your old tricks... obviously you never learn.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Database coding issue...should have been fixed quickly;

Here's my theory.. since WDW1974's relayed incident showed the same user being bounced between DIFFERENT users... this issue may actually be in the website and not the backend. Just a mixed up reference to the database would at least act consistent.. this could be something like the session handling in the website is broke, giving out the wrong tokens/cookies and user 1 who logged in could be getting a session handler from user 2 who was just on the site recently. Then that user looks authenticated as user 2.. and when the db info is queried, user 2 comes up, etc. Just a thought... the idea that one user is pulling up different accounts is a key piece of info in debugging it. Might be something like data getting truncated, race conditions, etc.

But I agree - once they've seen its not PICNIC - they should be in triage mode and stop the bleeding by halting the system or taking offline all together to debug it and find the root cause.

wannab@dis

Do I detect a disturbance in the force? It appears others are starting to see through the thinly veiled agendas around here.

What's more interesting is the flaunting of the "no politics" rule. I guess rules don't apply to '74 and his sycophants. But I'm not surprised to see his progressive views, hatred of corporations, and attempts at class warfare - all under the guise of 'this country used to be better'.

Sneezy62

Just to point out how much the world has changed since the 60's and 70's for people in the bottom 5th economically, I remember how much a job at WDW meant to poor people in west Orange county. I remember a friend of mine who proudly showed me the the house his folks were able to buy just a year or two after WDW opened. His dad worked at the pulp mill in Winter Garden (it made cow feed from orange pulp waste) and they lived in company housing until his mom got a job at Disney as a housekeeper at the Poly or Contemporary. After that they saved up enough to put a down payment on a house of their own. I wonder if that story could be repeated today and I wonder if George K. remembers how much it meant to be a CM to so many folks who got out of poverty because Disney hired locally instead of getting cheap labor from overseas. I imagine that many of those local CMs were the reason so many guests have magical memories of WDW.

njDizFan

So why try, because you could fail, right?
Social mobility has become so unattainable it has become almost a myth. I'm not trying to bash your personal beliefs but even you must admit that you started with a leg up already. You had the opportunity to go to a good school and had a family business waiting for you that I presume already had some decent amount of profitability. Now of course it was up to you to finish your degree and help raise or at least sustain your grandfather's business

Not all of us can fathom living in the shoes of the poor. It takes a lot more than strong will and a little intelligence.

scpergj

Here's my theory.. since WDW1974's relayed incident showed the same user being bounced between DIFFERENT users... this issue may actually be in the website and not the backend. Just a mixed up reference to the database would at least act consistent.. this could be something like the session handling in the website is broke, giving out the wrong tokens/cookies and user 1 who logged in could be getting a session handler from user 2 who was just on the site recently. Then that user looks authenticated as user 2.. and when the db info is queried, user 2 comes up, etc. Just a thought... the idea that one user is pulling up different accounts is a key piece of info in debugging it. Might be something like data getting truncated, race conditions, etc.

But I agree - once they've seen its not PICNIC - they should be in triage mode and stop the bleeding by halting the system or taking offline all together to debug it and find the root cause.

That also makes logical sense - in either case, the system should either be shut down, or reverted to a previous, functioning iteration.

twebber55

Social mobility has become so unattainable it has become almost a myth. I'm not trying to bash your personal beliefs but even you must admit that you started with a leg up already. You had the opportunity to go to a good school and had a family business waiting for you that I presume already had some decent amount of profitability. Now of course it was up to you to finish your degree and help raise or at least sustain your grandfather's business

Not all of us can fathom living in the shoes of the poor. It takes a lot more than strong will and a little intelligence.
heres my one comment about this topic and then im out because im not big on discussing politics on a theme park board... 81% of all millionaires were born into middle or low income house holds

alphac2005

I think this thread is about to go into shut down mode as it's rather fallen off the rails. I do want to say that I get really annoyed when I read the constant black and white type of mindset that rear their ugly head around here and everywhere else in our country. You can be a successful self-made business owner and have a clear understanding of the fact the mechanics of our financial system and corporate based economy makes an upward climb extremely difficult for even the well educated. It doesn't have to be an us vs. them argument, but it seems to always devolve into that.

Your point about social mobility is dead-on. In what was once a hallmark of the American engine, we now rank amongst the lowest in social mobility in the industrialized world.

I don't want to speak about anyone in a personal matter, but as you've noted, MattM had his business handed to him. I'm not criticizing that, at all, but it's a lot different when a business is in waiting for you and you've had opportunity thrown upon you, whereas the majority don't. Look, I understand. I could have followed my father's career path and would of had access to all sorts of levers of power and career mobility, but I chose to go in a totally different direction and build my business from the ground up with no seed money, rather, working like a dog through college to start it right. I've seen many businesses where they are handed down through the generations and the younger generation(s) invigorate and make the business even better, so I just want to reiterate that what I'm saying isn't a negative at all of getting into the fold of a family business, I actually think it's terrific, but I've been around enough wealthy people for many years and there is generally not a clue as to what it's like to have nothing or be without.

However, it's rather funny to read prior comments that basically say that if you work hard and can't get anywhere, that's your problem. Maybe it's me, but if you're working 40 something hours a week at a big box store and busting your butt doing your job, it seems that they are fulfilling their end of the bargain of working hard, unfortunately, most of those people are living below the poverty line because their wages are so low. And no, not everyone is in the position to have access or the ability for higher education. If they can't because of a variety of reasons, yet they work and are productive members of society, it's really cold to hear the notion that they either need to work harder or just go back to school to make more money and to stop complaining. That's not reality.

MattM

Well like I said earlier, I paid for every penny of my education, took over a family business, started another one, all without taking a penny of family money. So not sure what leg up I really had. Support? Drive?

So again I call BS. It is only unattainable if that is the mindset you choose. People cry foul and fairness all the time but don't want to put in the work to get where we are. It's the entitlement society, and seems like its becoming the new America.

It will, respectfully, be my last post to you on this subject as well...trying not to take away from spirited observations...:)

scpergj

Really? Do you really want to go there??

Ok - my story.

My dad got sick when I was a sophmore in high school - he had heart trouble, actually directly (and medically proven, by the way) to Agent Orange from when he was in the Air Force in Vietnam. Six months later he lost his job - the company he worked for told the owner that unless my dad no longer worked for them, that the insurance costs for the company would double...so they fired him (this was in th early 1980's). My mom worked part time for a national retailer in the office, and was able to pick up enough hours to qualify for health insurance, so our family was covered that way. My dad, unable to find regular work because of his health, took odd jobs to earn money, hanging wallpaper, doing handyman stuff...pretty much any work to pay the bills.

For the next few years, as my sister and I graduated from high school and such, we lost our house, and I had to drop out of the local community college and take a job to help out. I worked my way from the very bottom of the plant, sweeping the floors, all the way to running the QA laboratory (through hard work - I busted my tail, and when my job was done I took the time to learn other jobs in the plant). I returned to college in my mid 20's where I met my wife. When we married, we lived on my job and her part time job, in a small apartment. After our first son was born, I decided to finish my B.S. in Computer Science at the local university. At the end of my first semester, the company I had worked 14 years for closed its doors. Here I was, unemployed, no degree....wife making barely enough to pay the electric, water and mortgage. Again, through working hard, I was reccomended by professors for a part time job that would be treated as in internship. Then, my wife lost her job...so, we were living on my part time income for a bit, with me in school, and a new baby on the way, and a 4 year old. Fortunately, my wife was able to find work quickly, but our savings were wiped out. I was on track to graduate in December, when in September my dad fell into a coma. He lived for a month - died 2 months before I graduated...but I did graduate. I've been working in my field for 10 years now, and do quite well for myself.

Did I come from dirt? No. Poor? Most of the time, yes. We lived in 4 different homes between my 6th and 8th grades, when my parents were able to scrape together a down payment for a house...the house they later lost. I paid for college - for both myself and my wife - out of my own pocket. No help from the government - federal or state.

It CAN happen. It does happen - my sister and brother both have similar success stories. Our parents did not go to college at all, yet all three of us are successfull college graduates. The problem is that everyone wants it all NOW. If you want something, work for it. If you fall, pick yourself up and try again.

Now I'm off my soapbox, and done with the political junk. I've been holding my thought to myself until now on this...and now I'm done.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Ok...I'm gonna regret this, I know...
But, please tell me more about the agenda you are referring to. I'm not saying there isn't one, I'd just like to get you on the record stating that the agenda is ___________.

As someone wise once said, "We all have agendas." The difference is some admit them, while others hide behind them.....

Lee

Adventurer
As someone wise once said, "We all have agendas." The difference is some admit them, while others hide behind them.....
I agree, that was a wise person who said that.

I've freely admitted all of my personal agendas. Nothing to hide.
74 has stated why he posts what he does.

Some people just like to see some sort of deep, nefarious plot behind things which are often quite simple and straightforward.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The truth, Flynn?

You finally decided to fess up on who you work for (they are known for waaay overpaying, so not surprised)

Once again.. you're full of it.
I didn't fess up to anything - I've never hidden what I do for work - it's right on my blog no less. I threw it out there unsolicited so that everyone else will see the joke that is your game.

Second.. you demonstrate again your lack of knowledge in the subject you throw jabs in.. When you read my post you saw I was acquired by Cisco.. and your first lesson for today is.. when Cisco acquires companies, they don't change everyone's pay scales. So please, next time, please read your materials before coming to class.

(1)But, did I miss the part where you admitted being an expert on computer/network security? (2)Did I miss the part where you are a paid speaker on the subjects we've been discussing here relating to NGE/MM+? (3)Have I somehow confused you with another author with the exact name who contributed to a book whose second chapter is titled ''Information Gathering Techniques (Detect, Exploit, Prevent)''?

Next session.. I've numbered the above for easier reference rather than separate quotes..
1) I am an expect because it's part of my education, training, and personal interests. As part of a software development team, I am responsible for understanding the principles, theories, best practices, and industry requirements for building products that can live in the wild. What you would find in the industry is what differentiates good people from great people is how quickly they can adapt and pick up new materials. You aren't a 'C programmer for life' - you are a programmer that works with the tools necessary to do what you want to accomplish. I consider myself pretty well versed in security - but because that is part of my experience and knowledge. Do you not consider yourself an expert in Public Relations?

I don't know about you.. but I wouldn't be interested in a hairdresser scrutinizing and commenting on the technical aspects of MyMagic+ and I certainly wouldn't be hiring people to work in my group if they weren't experts in the related fields necessary to do the work.

2) I am not. As part of my career I've given many public presentations at events like Trade Shows, conferences, and the like - but those have been as part of my job representing my company and never have been paid for any such presentation. Additionally, unless you think MyMagic+ is about H.323, SIP, H.320, or high speed synchronous telecoms.. I doubt any of my past presentations have any relation to MyMagic+ topics.

3) 'somehow'? I guess so, because once again you are no where near the truth. I assume you mean this book?
http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9781597492096/pref01

No I'm not part of that book, and no my name isn't in any of the contributing authors either. Unless somehow I'm quoted and was never told about it.. you've been running with bad info yet again..

Like Bill said.. Still, old, friend. You’ve managed to kill just about everyone else, but, like a poor marksman, you keep missing the target

If not ... tell me how can you say that your work, your background, your life doesn't directly relate to MANY of the topics we've discussed here on NGE/MM+ and datamining that you have selectively and zealously come in and defended at every opportunity.

It's called intelligence. Why is it so difficult for you to grasp that people can be versed in a topic or industry without being directly involved with a singularity within a related business? Should we all assume you were molested as a child by an evil rich CEO because you happen to share a lot of opinions about corporate greed? Are you not allowed to have an informed opinion about coprorate execs unless you've been directly involved with the specific people in question?

Again, if I'm wrong, my apologies. But things can happen when you put your whole life on the web ... sorta why some of us prefer private information stays private.

It has little to do with putting stuff on the web - it has to do with your inability to distinguish between coincidence and confirmation. You find something you think supports your pretense, but your deductive skills fail to decode the information and differentiate between merely a coincidence, or in fact confirming the assumption. So you continue to blaze forward with bad information - built on jello as we say. Not only that, building deductions when stronger information is less than arms length away...

But for today's final lesson.. here's a homework assignment for you to take home..
1) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flynnibus
2) oh look, a forum flynnibus posts on.. lets see what he shares there
3) oh look, he has a signature with a link to his blog.. lets click on it
4) oh look, he has blog posts talking about his career

School's out...

-The Professor

Lee

Adventurer
3) 'somehow'? I guess so, because once again you are no where near the truth. I assume you mean this book?
http://my.safaribooksonline.com/9781597492096/pref01

No I'm not part of that book, and no my name isn't in any of the contributing authors either. Unless somehow I'm quoted and was never told about it.. you've been running with bad info yet again..
The last thing I'd ever want to do is get in the middle of this whole mess, but...
That link you posted differs from others.

Again...not trying to butt into y'all's fun or anything.
But for today's final lesson.. here's a homework assignment for you to take home..
1) http://lmgtfy.com/?q=flynnibus
Ok...I don't know how you did that...but it's pretty damn cool.

EDIT: Edited 'cause I don't want to expose anyone's real name that may not want it out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom