Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

michmousefan

OK, so I was playing around this morning with the mostly-useless-at-this-point (OK, you can make ADRs) My Experience "app." Where I'm imagining FP+ will eventually live there is a description of "reminders" you can set for stuff like Illuminations.

I'm headed down in a week or so to check out the Flower & Garden fest and the new Food & Wine offerings, so I took a glance at the Illuminations page, and voila! I see now how Disney is planning on keeping crowd levels stable for stuff like fireworks and parades. I'm confident that having folks view Illuminations from WL will definitely help me in obtaining a good spot alongside the WS lagoon, which IMHO feel is a better spot than the Nature Trail... no dissing intended, mr/mrs App Developer... keep up the great work!

badapp_zps65a2b963.png

John

As we return to....As the Magic World turns

74 has recieved his Rosetta Stone program on tech speak and has learned that Flynni might know what he is talking about. But that dosnt deter his resolve to get his fanbois back. He promises the fanbois that there will be spirted change....with the help of his good friend Tony Baxter they install new AA's in his basement....not the cheap plastic-ey ones like on Little Mermaid...noooooo the cool ones on Dino....oooops no on EE...yikes...ok COP
(best I could do). The fanbois return home to paradise and all is well. Flynni now being ed off challenges 74 to a pin ball duel to the death...but sadly 74 has to decline because it is in conflict with his schedule. Seems that the duel is on the same day as the Emmy's.

While at the Emmy's with his date the lovely Helen Hunt.....during the commercial breaks he calls Parentsof4 and ask him to use his innate analysis ability to dissect this mind control vacation planning scheme concocted by Flynni. After several days PO4 figures out that Flynni is just a front man...that the real master mind was his nemisis the evil jt04. 74 tricks CaptianKidd into stealing all the new MM+ wrist bands by giving him four front row tickets to a Bon Jovi concert. CaptianKidd wants to hide them in the Premium Members Lounge but the members there wont let him in....they tell him if he buys a DVC he can come in. Dejected CaptianKidd decides to hide all the bands at the AC on Pleasure Island....no one will look there!

Thanks to Parentsof4....74 took a preemptive move and took all of his 1% er cash and invested heavily into the company that supplied all the new door locks for WDW. Needless to say 74 was the recipeint of a massive cash windfall. Because of the now failed NG program WDW is in bancruptcy and 74 takes his new found wealth and buys WDW. He immediately installs Lee as the new CEO. Spirited change has finally arrived.

BTW....nothing was meant to be personal by any of this.....just my way of bringing some levity to a thread that was getting seriously hostile. If anyone was insulted....my apoligies.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I have a strong feeling there's going to be a third NGE/Baxter thread sooner than later. And, unfortunately, when I'm working I can't always 'multi-task' (i.e. spend half my work day on MAGIC).

But since fan can be like kitties, I thought I'd shine some light on something every fanboi dreams of: Marvel characters in Disney.

Well, I said months ago (anyone with time on the clock can feel free to check) that they'd be coming to HKDL first. Guess what?

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2013/02/27/hong-kongs-disneyland-to-get-marvel-superheroes/

Oh, next stop for them would be DSP!

Oh ... and Disney is continuing to allow its new online site to be live, despite the fact they still haven't determined what extent PRIVATE info is being swapped by guests due to their system having 'glitches'. They're working is what I was emailed this a.m..

Will try and drop in again later ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, and just so we're very clear, I don't want MM+ to fail overall. Too much of MY company's money has been tossed down the technology toilet.

But I do want it to fail just enough that execs lose jobs, changes are made in what and how Disney can gather/share info and that Disney has to take a long look into how and where it allocates funds. When a resort is physically crumbling spending $1.5 billion on IT and ignoring bricks and buildings, roads and monorails, theme parks and attractions is just plain DUMB. PERIOD.

Who knows how good (or backward) UNI's tech is or SW's? No one gives a flying f--- because they are building state of the art themed family entertainment attractions that will draw guests for decades.

Disney isn't.

Again, the resort hasn't raised the bar in attractions since either ToT in 1994 or KS (which has been so watered down now) in 1998. Last century ...

Yet, people want to laud them over apps. REALLY?!?!?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Yes, Lee. That ride is (at least now) planned for HKDL and still likely to wind up in Anaheim too.

But I needs to run ... faux Top One Percent Day is getting away from me!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I should note that I am trying my best to summon/gather all my powers of maturity and not point out that I, too, have seen Illuminations from the WL nature trail. Typically, this happens after the smell funny man that lives in the decaying husk of River Country gives me a few squares of white paper to eat (I always consume these in an unquestioning fashion).

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Who knows how good (or backward) UNI's tech is or SW's? No one gives a flying f--- because they are building state of the art themed family entertainment attractions that will draw guests for decades.

Antarctica is looking more and more impressive by the day. Soft opening dates are beginning to leak, as well. I'll keep some items about that off board.

the.dreamfinder

I wonder if ST 2.0 isn't too far behind?

I still want them to build Tim Delaney's Pirates land, if they built that as planned by him, HKDL would be doing very, very well. Wow your audience into coming. It takes money to make money... just ask UNI/Comcast!!

Lee

Adventurer
I should note that I am trying my best to summon/gather all my powers of maturity and not point out that I, too, have seen Illuminations from the WL nature trail. Typically, this happens after the smell funny man that lives in the decaying husk of River Country gives me a few squares of white paper to eat (I always consume these in an unquestioning fashion).
Funny smelling guy? Lives like a hermit in River Country? Hairy fellow?
That's General Grizz. He used to be big around here until he had some sort of breakdown and vanished.
The stuff of legend, but I seriously wouldn't eat those little squares...

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
But I do want it to fail just enough that execs lose jobs, changes are made in what and how Disney can gather/share info and that Disney has to take a long look into how and where it allocates funds. When a resort is physically crumbling spending $1.5 billion on IT. PERIOD.
Well, you almost had it right. Spending $1.5 billion on IT, as in Information Technology. I feel that if that price tag included a large rebuild of legacy technology onto updated systems, one that would help integrate multiple systems across the company and bring the technology at least semi-current, then it's worth the $1.5b.
If they didn't, and applied a whole set of band-aids across the existing systems, and if they spent it largely on bells and whistles, then it's a waste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom