Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

alphac2005

That's how you must look at it.

There's no way you'd ever get enough votes to oust him or any BoD members. ... But there comes a point when you don't have to as Michael found out in 2004. When you have a large minority of shareholders that aren't happy with you, then the reality is you don't wind up getting to stick around.

That isn't happening here. But it isn't a sign of faith in management, regardless.

It should be noted, too, that CalSTRS and CalPERS are known for their activism in this arena, so that goes either way in the sense that it's just them making noise again and the flip that they're at the forefront of a movement against XYZ. This is clearly the former.

alphac2005

Lots of talk that you hear on the Internet sometimes takes on a life of its own.

Isn't the the line of night? Shamrock Holdings was an early and high profile (and successful) investor in cell phone technology in Israel. It's not a hard stretch to see that the well woven links of Shamrock Holdings became that Disney was building a theme park there. Shamrock Holdings and TWDC have nothing to do with one another, but that won't stop speculation like everything else.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's what I'm talking about. To be fair, the state should grant Reedy addition tax powers. But that would be fascism.

You-keep-using-that-word-300x252.jpg

alissafalco

Doesn't mean anything. I've been reading this forum for more than a year before I officially joined and started posting. You really shouldn't jump to conclusions. It makes you sound really childish.

:)

We all know he joined right in the middle of 74's other original thread of Spirited News and Observations right after that clown got kicked off wdwmagic for trying to derail his thread. Since you've been reading this forum for over a year than you should know what goes on here.

ParentsOf4

I now am unbable to access my reservations online unless I agree to "Disney Park Experience Terms and Conditions"
which includes granting Disney permission to use RFID devices. That's relatively new.

So much for MyMagic+ being "optional".

I really get a kick out of the Terms & Conditions page's banner:

PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY.

This is followed by 11 pages of disclaimer. How many people are going to read all that?

Sure, MyMagic+ is "optional".:rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I now am unbable to access my reservations online unless I agree to "Disney Park Experience Terms and Conditions"
which includes granting Disney permission to use RFID devices. That's relatively new.

So much for MyMagic+ being "optional".

It still is - don't use their online application.

What has changed is they no longer offer online dining reservations OUTSIDE of the new myExperience junk.

You aren't forced to use magicbands or other things simply by agreeing to use the site.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What I don't like about the dining app being squeezed into MyExperience.. and the current website in general is.. the privacy controls are not integrated into the new app and workflow.

All of Disney's privacy crap is rolled into the antiquated POS go.com platform... which doesn't even recognize the login I used for the disneyworld site.

God I wish go.com would die die die

ParentsOf4

It still is - don't use their online application.

What has changed is they no longer offer online dining reservations OUTSIDE of the new myExperience junk.

You aren't forced to use magicbands or other things simply by agreeing to use the site.
Please stop pretending MM+ is "optional". Buried within the pages of declaimer is the following:
In order to deliver the seamless and personalized experience of the Park Experience, we utilize radio frequency technology-enabled cards or other devices ("RF Devices"). Depending on the Experience benefits you have purchased, you and each member of your Experience Party will be issued a unique RF Device (similar to a Key to the World card), which allows us to identify the individual using the RF Device and the benefits associated with that individual.
And further:
At any time, we may amend these Experience Terms (including by modification, deletion and/or addition of any portion thereof). If we make a material amendment to these Experience Terms, we will notify you of such amendment ...
Of course, Disney gets to decide what's "material".

How many "guests" are going to read and comprehend the entire disclaimer before signing away their liberties to Disney? How many are going to understand "material" changes?

Returning to Iger's reply to Rep. Markey:
Guests can enjoy admission to the park without having to register or provide any personal information. But guests who do choose to participate in MyMagic+ will enjoy the convenience of having their tickets, guaranteed ride times for shows and attractions, resort room access and other enhanced features all in one place.
When he wrote "Guests can enjoy admission to the park without having to register", Iger really did mean that the only thing guests who don't sign-up for MM+ will be guaranteed is theme park admission.

The concept that MM+ is "optional" is a joke.

tracyandalex

OK, so not a whole lot of news going on ... but as I watched the Carnival Trimuph unfold amidst the fetid smell of sewage and despair (knowing full well that the industry needs serious reform and, yes, REGULATION BY THE GOVERNMENT to PROTECT its citizens), I apparently in a streak of madness that I can't quite recall may have booked another DCL voyage for Fall 2014.

Hahaha, you're booking another cruise while DH was thinking of trying to get out of ours next month! Those are some nice itineraries for next year. We are strongly considering the one out of San Juan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom