Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

WDW1974

Original Poster
No, the Haifa thing is happening. I saw the Disney brand waived around in a Haifa city tourism promotional video.

Disney isn't going to be part of anything in that region of the world beyond a store or something of that ilk. ... I'm sure the folks in Haifa would love Disney to be a part of whatever it is they are doing, but it's not happening in any significant way.

Slightly on topic, do you know anything about the Disney park that was being planned in the mid 1990's when it looked like a final regional comprehensive peace treaty was on the verge of being signed? The park was planned to be built on land donated by Israel and Jordan on their respective borders in Eilot, Israel and Aqaba, Jordan. The idea was ultimately turned down because of security concerns!

No. I have never heard of any serious plans to build in that region. I don't even know of Blue Sky plans. Lots of talk that you hear on the Internet sometimes takes on a life of its own.

HMF

True enough. But he could leave early on his own ... OR be pushed aside if someone Disney is interested in is available and won't be down the road.

The talk, no matter how much they try and spin it, is that Staggs has almost no chance at this position (he is simply the internal fallback) yet that drumbeat keeps going ...
The sooner Iger goes the better and no Staggs should most definitely not get his job. Disney already tried to fool me into believing that having one of Eisner's protoge's in the CEO role will actually repair the damage done by Eisner, As they say it's crazy to keep the same people around and expect different results.

HenryMystic

Truly, but can we move on (or move the discussion)
Okay, well I'm happy that group plans on voting against Emperor Iger. There's no reason for him to chair the board AND be CEO. The Sentinel should write about that....hey @JasonGarcia

Even if the move is futile, I appreciate the gesture.

PeterAlt

Disney isn't going to be part of anything in that region of the world beyond a store or something of that ilk. ... I'm sure the folks in Haifa would love Disney to be a part of whatever it is they are doing, but it's not happening in any significant way.

No. I have never heard of any serious plans to build in that region. I don't even know of Blue Sky plans. Lots of talk that you hear on the Internet sometimes takes on a life of its own.
It was to be called Peace Park or something along those lines. The idea was seriously discussed between Israeli and Jordan officials. It wasn't Disney's idea, but a secret proposal presented by Israel and Jordanian officials. I don't know how long Disney even considered it, or if any preliminary plans were drawn, but Disney ultimately rejected it for serious security concerns, even though Israel and Jordan promised Disney that they would take care of the security arrangements.

The Haifa project, I've read that it will have Disney rides. What that means exactly, I haven't a clue.

PeterAlt

Okay, well I'm happy that group plans on voting against Emperor Iger. There's no reason for him to chair the board AND be CEO. The Sentinel should write about that....hey @JasonGarcia

Even if the move is futile, I appreciate the gesture.
And chair Apple, too, don't forget!

PeterAlt

I wonder how Steve's 6.8 percent will vote, if at all?
I'm pretty sure we know how Eisner's 1.2 percent will vote.:D
I'll ask my cousin Jana who was Lisa Jobs roommate at Harvard. She is still friends with her and keeps in touch regularly. My cousin just married a few months ago and Lisa attended her wedding!

the.dreamfinder

Some reasons why
1)There's not a large enough middle class to support a park.
2)Political Turmoil.
3)Far larger opportunities elsewhere (China)
4)Could canabalize DLP visitors from the Middle East/North Africa

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Yep. That's all talk. The only serious thing is Shamrock Holdings and since it is a two-year-old story, I'd wonder if the project is even happening at all.

Lots of things get announced in this business. Very few get built.

Dropped you a voice line earlier. Looks 95% postive I'll be headed overseas. Need some tips!

Is it bad to say I feel honored to be on the IN with the recently added pic?

Belowthesurface

Random thought...

I observed the Mad Tea Party queue today and it never went above 10/15 minutes.

Can anyone please present the logic that this ride needs a Fastpass? Honestly, SOMEONE convince me why this is a good idea.

Which reminds me... please document the Mad Tea Party now before it is over complicated with a brand new queue, touch points and merge point. Say goodbye to that simple, small and EFFICIENT footprint.

Once again, SOMEONE convince me why this is a good idea.

Anyone?

PeterAlt

When's elections? I think we can pull some influence. I could get on my cousin's case about getting on Lisa Jobs' case about getting on her family's case about voting their shares. Collective, we can campaign the other major shareholders. All it takes is to sway one of the groups to vote with us for the others take take us seriously enough to vote with us. We can make this happen! I'm sure Lucas wants to protect his shares and how the new owners of his creations manages them, so convincing him to vote with us shouldn't be hard. Even Eisner, I believe, is persuadable. He just has to be convinced that Iger has let him down. Who are the other major shareholders?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom