Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Lee

Adventurer
WDW1974 said:
I can't talk about his inner beauty anymore than I can talk about finding good Chinese food in SoFl.
Lychee Gardens in Hallandale is decent.
(But, as you know, I'm a Benihana man.:))

the.dreamfinder

BTW, has Blondie, Bland Tommy or Crazy Gary acknowledged that Tony 'resigned' yet? Or what are they puking forth in propaganda today?
Come on spirit. Doncha know that the arrival of two new horses to the Circle D Ranch is more important than an amazing Imagineer being kicked out?
tnh180934SMALL.jpg

John

Tony wouldn't be part of that.

I can't say it more clearly than what I have, but read his letter ... his first paragraph tells you all you need to know about Tony and NGE.

BTW, has Blondie, Bland Tommy or Crazy Gary acknowledged that Tony 'resigned' yet? Or what are they puking forth in propaganda today?

I get it....it was purely said..."tounge in cheek" meaning that the only thing new going on is NG so why would WDI need anyone with talent. Also IMO there will never be another word said about Baxter. Much like Rameses did to Moses in the Ten Commandments......

WDW1974

Original Poster
Hyper coasters tend to surpass 200' in height. From reading the book and watching the film, it just seems like an out-of-place addition.

I don't want to turn the discussion into pages of back and forth on that. I'm a bit surprised by it ... but I don't know enough about how it will be themed and placed to jump to any conclusions yet ... I just was asked about it, so I wanted to answer when I had info.

Longhairbear

I got a call back from DVC concerning an email I sent them a few weeks ago. My concern was about MM+, and FP+.
The caller was very businesslike, and not as magical as the CM's one usually gets. She asked if my thoughts on MM+ etc. had evolved (her words) since I sent the email. I said yes, of course, that I read all the blogs posting opinions on the matter. She asked how MM+ would be a negative experience for me, and I told her that we don't plan out that far ahead. Not being able to walk up to any given dining and it being full. I said I thought the ADR's made things impossible for me, and so we buy groceries, and cook in villa most meals. I also mentioned we cook in, because counter service food is not all that great. I related that to FP+ taking up all the available times. I offhandedly mentioned we hadn't been to FLA in a few years, and plan to use our points in CA.
I swear I heard her gasp. She moved the conversation away from MM+, and centered on why we haven't been to FLA. I said there was nothing new to do at WDW, that we were having a repeat of the same vacation for years, and wanted to mix it up a bit. I mentioned using points for DCL, and she brought me right back to not going to FLA. Several times she mentioned the notes she was taking to give to the right people to see. The longer I think about the call, I am sure she was not happy with my answers, and concerns.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Lychee Gardens in Hallandale is decent.
(But, as you know, I'm a Benihana man.:))

Hallandale?!?! There's a law you have to be at least 82 to enter the town!

And while I love Benihana, we are talking about Chinese cuisine, not Japanese. I would hope you aren't suggesting that all Asian cuisines are the same you FOOD RACIST!!!! HATER!!!!! Why don't you go to UNI and then the lines will be shorter for me on The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Plastic-Filled Adventures Past Walls With Holes, Dead Eels and a Climactic Battle with Ursula That Isn't!

John

They are cleaning house at WDI....but hiring all types of IT people. Thats about all you need to know about what direction Disney is taking with its domestic parks. Also if I was DLR I wouldnt get to excited about anything new comming thier way either.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Come on spirit. Doncha know that the arrival of two new horses to the Circle D Ranch is more important than an amazing Imagineer being kicked out?
tnh180934SMALL.jpg

That's just great ... classic!!!

What contempt they show for their audience daily ... or maybe not because ... let's face it ... they aren't working for fans like us ... people with IQs over 72. They're working to pimp the Pixie Dust to the addicts.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I got a call back from DVC concerning an email I sent them a few weeks ago. My concern was about MM+, and FP+.
The caller was very businesslike, and not as magical as the CM's one usually gets. She asked if my thoughts on MM+ etc. had evolved (her words) since I sent the email. I said yes, of course, that I read all the blogs posting opinions on the matter. She asked how MM+ would be a negative experience for me, and I told her that we don't plan out that far ahead. Not being able to walk up to any given dining and it being full. I said I thought the ADR's made things impossible for me, and so we buy groceries, and cook in villa most meals. I also mentioned we cook in, because counter service food is not all that great. I related that to FP+ taking up all the available times. I offhandedly mentioned we hadn't been to FLA in a few years, and plan to use our points in CA.
I swear I heard her gasp. She moved the conversation away from MM+, and centered on why we haven't been to FLA. I said there was nothing new to do at WDW, that we were having a repeat of the same vacation for years, and wanted to mix it up a bit. I mentioned using points for DCL, and she brought me right back to not going to FLA. Several times she mentioned the notes she was taking to give to the right people to see. The longer I think about the call, I am sure she was not happy with my answers, and concerns.

All I can do is repeat that Disney is quite aware and concerned about DVCers who buy and then are bored with the parks, but don't sell their points back to Disney but keep them and just use DVC as you'd use the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista -- as a vacation base.

It obviously is enough of an issue that they keep throwing incentives (bribes?) to DVCers ...

the.dreamfinder

They are cleaning house at WDI....but hiring all types of IT people. Thats about all you need to know about what direction Disney is taking with its domestic parks.
Well, that certainly explains why OLC could be done with WDI.
OLC, are you listening?
Hire Tony, Tim, Joe, Valarie, Kevin, Tom, Bob

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
They are cleaning house at WDI....but hiring all types of IT people. Thats about all you need to know about what direction Disney is taking with its domestic parks. Also if I was DLR I wouldnt get to excited about anything new comming thier way either.

Yeah, it sure does say a whole lot. Especially if Lutz was accurate in Burbank telling TDO to stop value engineering. Then it is clearly a case of 'we see the problem yet we fire the wrong guys'. Some TDO people need this...

lazyboy97o

Well, that certainly explains why OLC is going to sone be done with WDI.
OLC, are you listening?
Hire Tony, Tim, Joe, Valarie, Kevin, Tom, Bob
How does the Oriental Land Company plan to stop hiring Walt Disney Imagineering? I thought they were contractually obliged to hire them and only them.

WDW1974

Original Poster
How does the Oriental Land Company plan to stop hiring Walt Disney Imagineering? I thought they were contractually obliged to hire them and only them.

No. They are able to get out of that agreement every so often (maybe five years, I don't recall exactly). Disney just has to approve what winds up going in the parks. But there has been strong talk of the OLC opening their own 'WDI' for lack of a better term to build things for their next park, which will be non-Disney IP ... that brought up the idea of having an inhouse design company of their own. Have no idea right now whether it will happen.

HMF

That is true. But when the one guy doesn't have much to watch over ... understand that Kathy Mangum was sent to FL to watch over everything that is done here.
Since each park is (or should be) it's own distinct entity each should have it's own Creative Lead reporting to a Creative supervisor for the whole resort, Unfortunately, That means you have to pay more people and since WDC Management wants to please Wall Street, It is easier just to have one person do everything regardless of qualification.

Lee

Adventurer
And at no point did she attempt to clear up any "misconceptions" about MM+?
Interesting, and not at all shocking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom