Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

the.dreamfinder

I got a call back from DVC concerning an email I sent them a few weeks ago. My concern was about MM+, and FP+.
The caller was very businesslike, and not as magical as the CM's one usually gets. She asked if my thoughts on MM+ etc. had evolved (her words) since I sent the email. I said yes, of course, that I read all the blogs posting opinions on the matter. She asked how MM+ would be a negative experience for me, and I told her that we don't plan out that far ahead. Not being able to walk up to any given dining and it being full. I said I thought the ADR's made things impossible for me, and so we buy groceries, and cook in villa most meals. I also mentioned we cook in, because counter service food is not all that great. I related that to FP+ taking up all the available times. I offhandedly mentioned we hadn't been to FLA in a few years, and plan to use our points in CA.
I swear I heard her gasp. She moved the conversation away from MM+, and centered on why we haven't been to FLA. I said there was nothing new to do at WDW, that we were having a repeat of the same vacation for years, and wanted to mix it up a bit. I mentioned using points for DCL, and she brought me right back to not going to FLA. Several times she mentioned the notes she was taking to give to the right people to see. The longer I think about the call, I am sure she was not happy with my answers, and concerns.
USE YOUR POINTS AND GO TO TOKYO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDW1974

Original Poster
And at no point did she attempt to clear up any "misconceptions" about MM+?
Interesting, and not at all shocking.

How do you do that when you don't even know what is really going to happen? ... If the managers don't, then certainly some DVC placator (not sure if I am making up my own word) doesn't. Her job is to get info from an unhappy guest and attempt to sway them back.

Lee

Adventurer
How do you do that when you don't even know what is really going to happen? ... If the managers don't, then certainly some DVC placator (not sure if I am making up my own word) doesn't. Her job is to get info from an unhappy guest and attempt to sway them back.
Of course. And it appears that she was less than successful.
Now, if she had been able to assuage his fears about MM+ by persuading him that they were unfounded...but, alas...

TP2000

For @TP2000 and others who care about looks. This is Tom Staggs, Head of P&R, getting all dressed up in 90210 (my former -- and always in my heart -- second home). A bit different than Nick Franklin addressing the media ... and just so you realize it, that outfit costs more than the average WDW CM makes in a year. And Staggs has plenty more.
you may want to take screenshots, because as soon as this gets out on social media, Disney will get it removed:

http://instagram.com/p/NaC5r7NHcL/

HA! I love it!

You're right, that little ensemble cost Staggs more than the 20 year old WDW Jungle Cruise Skipper makes in a year.

As I've just posted over in the Al Lutz/Cars Land Coming To WDW thread, it doesn't take a $2,000 bespoke suit jacket and a custom made shirt to make the man. All it takes is a $5 tube of Brylcream (which the Anaheim CM's are suddenly mad for!) to make the man and set the scene. Like this Carthay Circle Restaurant CM sporting the latest in Southern California hairstyles.

7268814690_6a78ee9472.jpg

But if you're a TDO exec appearing in public on Media Day to launch a Billion dollar program, the very least you could do is go to Macy's to get a cheap suit. Although you really should just begin an account with the Nordstrom Personal Shopper who can pick out a few basic business pieces for you, have them nicely tailored, and then sent over to your office within 36 hours.

It's a shame that 10 dollar an hour waiters working the lunch shift at California Adventure look more respectable and professional than Nick Franklin launching MyMagic+ to the national media on Launch Day. :rolleyes:

stevehousse

I am just glad that your voice got to be heard! Now imagine if they got enough feedback similar to yours! It makes me wonder what could happen...maybe if enough people revolt they would actually fix the parks...

On a side note, I am not a hater of Disney whatsoever and we go very often, I am just displeased with how this whole mm+ will change everything I know about vacationing at wdw...I could care less about the tracking elements...

Longhairbear

Of course. And it appears that she was less than successful.
Now, if she had been able to assuage his fears about MM+ by persuading him that they were unfounded...but, alas...
While I got no answers, she got answers to a question she didn't ask. She now knows the only place to find any buzz on MM+ is on the fan blogs, and it's not good PR.

asianway

Tony wouldn't be part of that.

I can't say it more clearly than what I have, but read his letter ... his first paragraph tells you all you need to know about Tony and NGE.

BTW, has Blondie, Bland Tommy or Crazy Gary acknowledged that Tony 'resigned' yet? Or what are they puking forth in propaganda today?
There's a blog meet up for valentines day to give limited time magic to those with the fastest fingers

djlaosc

OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale.

I wouldn't complain if these attractions were added, but I thought that it was looking like they were trying to increase their "family attraction" numbers?

djlaosc

I don't want to turn the discussion into pages of back and forth on that. I'm a bit surprised by it ... but I don't know enough about how it will be themed and placed to jump to any conclusions yet ... I just was asked about it, so I wanted to answer when I had info.

Yeah, I think it was me that asked, so thank you for the information!

Soarin' Over Pgh

I think the most disturbing piece of information on page 32 of this thread is the increasing popularity (repopularity?) of Brylcream.

My Grandfather used to use that awful smelling stuff. For like, his entire life. In fact, when he passed, I put a tube of it in the casket with him.

Ugh. Not Brylcream. SAY IT AINT SO.

rudyjr13

Is it worth starting a "write in campaign" over email for those of us who disagree with the direction WDW is heading in? If they started receiving the same template email from many people, would they change anything?

We would need someone like you to get behind it given your knowledge on the subject.

DocMcHulk

Is it worth starting a "write in campaign" over email for those of us who disagree with the direction WDW is heading in? If they started receiving the same template email from many people, would they change anything?

We would need someone like you to get behind it given your knowledge on the subject.
5-100 people from WDWMagic account for 0.0005 % of the Magic Kingdom's yearly attendance. They dont care about us.

Jane Doe

I think the most disturbing piece of information on page 32 of this thread is the increasing popularity (repopularity?) of Brylcream.

My Grandfather used to use that awful smelling stuff. For like, his entire life. In fact, when he passed, I put a tube of it in the casket with him.

Ugh. Not Brylcream. SAY IT AINT SO.

Nothing wrong with Brylcreem, Mr Soarin', it was a young Jane Doe's hair product of choice. I would love to still use it too, but time has not been kind to my hairline, the time I now save on washing my hair has been gobbled up by the amount of time it takes to wash my face.

Genie of the Lamp

Nothing wrong with Brylcreem, Mr Soarin', it was a young Jane Doe's hair product of choice. I would love to still use it too, but time has not been kind to my hairline, the time I now save on washing my hair has been gobbled up by the amount of time it takes to wash my face.

It's Ms.Soarin dude, lol! It's ok I didn't know either until she told me.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom