Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

luv

I could care less about the 3D.
3D never appealed to me and still doesnt.
Agreed.

I prefer movies that are not in 3-D. Frankly, when many people speak about a movie's special effects, I begin to think the movie couldn't have been all that good.

If you have a good story and good characters, you don't need all that other stuff.

When I'm watching a good movie, I don't want to be distracted by the 3-D.

RunnerEd

There are a few potential options on the table, it's been long wished for that Uni would buy out Dr Phillips HS and utilize that land since its so close however knowing the current state of Central Florida schools and the politics involved the chances of that happening seem pretty small.
Then you have the collection of commercial properties currently sitting across Major Blvd most of which probably could be bought out giving them a decent chunk of land to work with, I would think this would be the easiest option. However Disneyhead over at OU hinted earlier today that they may be looking to expand across I-4 into the Wet and Wild land and further back into the old Lockheed complex which they owned at one point. That could net the best returns as it would tie them into the Orlando Convention area which has the largest amount of hotel rooms in the city outside of Disney World.

Not an insider and don't know anything about the situation other than what I've read here. Moving a high school would be easier than commercial properties would be. The school system doesn't have the profit motive that hotels/restaurants/retail naturally have. If an acceptable site can be located, Universal simply funds the building of a new school (bigger/better/cooler/etc) then the school system sells the old property to the park. As long as it's revenue neutral in the short term, the city/county/district would benefit in the long term from more tourist dollars coming into the area.

Animaniac93-98

The other comment I was going to make was about Oz making over $500 million and still being in the red. Is anyone at Disney paying attention to how much money they're blowing on these tentpole pictures? I think when the budget for Iron Man 3 went from $140 to $200 million they just pulled out that random number without ever really thinking about where it was going to go.

the.dreamfinder

I think when the budget for Iron Man 3 went from $140 to $200 million they just pulled out that random number without ever really thinking about where it was going to go.
Robert Downey Jr. isn't cheap. He got paid 50 million for playing IM in The Avengers.

OZ cost 350 to make and market. It has to make around 700 million to break even.

Singles and doubles sound really good right about now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom