Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

PhotoDave219

My impression from the times I've had posts deleted is that if people report posts or back and forth between multiple posters in a thread that is bothering someone they just delete everything that could be related, which I think is a fine policy. Brainless, equitable, and it gives you a built in answer to complaints.

Thats generally what happens, yes. I've been a party to some of it of late mainly because I'm not taking crap off anyone.

Genie of the Lamp

@WDW1974 have you heard any new rumblings about Disney Springs?

I would hope to hear some more news/announcements on DS at the Monstrous Summer press event next week (Thursday April 25th-Friday April 26th). Hopefully they will announce some vendors/tenants coming into DS. I mean, it's a 2 day event, so they should be able to talk about the DS development right?

Clever Name

Enjoy your vacation, Spirit. See ya on the flip side....

I'm going to hold my breath until the Spirit returns.
images

magicallactose

@WDW1974
Wow, exciting times are ahead at Universal. I was already impressed with the upcoming offerings I've heard about: Transformers(2013), Simpsons (2013),
London/Diagon Alley (2014)
Jurassic Park expansion (2014/2015?)
Kidzone redo (2016?)
Suessland ride (?)

But to hear that a water park and third gate are in the works is blowing my mind.
I'm dying to find out what direction this new theme park will take. It stands to reason that Universal will want to go in a fresh direction, something that will make this new park distinct from Io9 and the Studios.
The mind boggles at what they'll cook up.

stevehousse

Where on earth would a third park even go? Looks like a lot of neighborhoods surround universal. Unless they plan on filling in one of those big lakes around the universal area (there are several) I just can't see where on earth it would go let alone 3 more hotels and a waterpark! I see one tiny area to the side of the universal lot, but it isn't enough to fit all that???

Very curious to see where all this is going to be placed???

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Where on earth would a third park even go? Looks like a lot of neighborhoods surround universal. Unless they plan on filling in one of those big lakes around the universal area (there are several) I just can't see where on earth it would go let alone 3 more hotels and a waterpark! I see one tiny area to the side of the universal lot, but it isn't enough to fit all that???

Very curious to see where all this is going to be placed???

I've heard musings that they may still own some of the old 2,000 acre lockheed martin property that they had purchased around 1999-2000, then sold off to many buyers. I've also heard that since most of it was never developed, they could even purchase it back for LESS than they sold it for.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Saw it in IMax 3d. Took my daughter who had never seen it. It was awesome - what a 3d re-issue should be. She's 10 and loved it, BTW.

I am quite sad they stopped their re-issue ideas. I was quite excited to take the kid to Little Mermaid in the fall, but that's been scrapped.

What don't they understand about the fact that even though I have it on DVD / Blue Ray, I'm still happy to watch older movies on the big screen in all their glory?

spaceghost

I am quite sad they stopped their re-issue ideas. I was quite excited to take the kid to Little Mermaid in the fall, but that's been scrapped.

What don't they understand about the fact that even though I have it on DVD / Blue Ray, I'm still happy to watch older movies on the big screen in all their glory?
Seeing a movie like JP in a theater, in 3d, in IMAX is an experience that can't be replicated at home (well, unless you are the Spirit maybe). it was totally worth the $30 or so to share that experience and the movie I loved from my youth with my kiddo. So, I totally agree.

Tom

Beta Return
Seeing a movie like JP in a theater, in 3d, in IMAX is an experience that can't be replicated at home (well, unless you are the Spirit maybe). it was totally worth the $30 or so to share that experience and the movie I loved from my youth with my kiddo. So, I totally agree.

JP 3D was pretty cool. Could have used better audio and some surround sound, but the movie is timeless, and 'ol T-Rex is pretty intimidating in 3D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom