Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Seeing a movie like JP in a theater, in 3d, in IMAX is an experience that can't be replicated at home (well, unless you are the Spirit maybe). it was totally worth the $30 or so to share that experience and the movie I loved from my youth with my kiddo. So, I totally agree.

I could care less about the 3D.

I would go see it if they released it in the original form. If they think that won't make money, they are missing out. No "Lucas enhancements" needed, I was too young to see my sister love these movies as I do, but I know she does as well. As yous aid, I would love to share my youth with my kiddo.

And I'm willing to toss honest money at it.

spaceghost

I could care less about the 3D.

I would go see it if they released it in the original form. If they think that won't make money, they are missing out. No "Lucas enhancements" needed, I was too young to see my sister love these movies as I do, but I know she does as well. As yous aid, I would love to share my youth with my kiddo.

And I'm willing to toss honest money at it.
For me the IMAX piece was better than the 3d piece. I'm one of those people that just doesn't "see" 3d well. My daughter enjoyed it though. She definitely jumped at a few points. Also took her to Raiders last fall when they had the one-week IMAX only re-issue. Drove 4 hours round trip too.

spaceghost

JP 3D was pretty cool. Could have used better audio and some surround sound, but the movie is timeless, and 'ol T-Rex is pretty intimidating in 3D.
Did you see it in IMAX? Thought the audio was great - T-Rex screams were bone rattling, for sure.

PhotoDave219

If you have a big high definition TV and get up real close, it's even better than a movie theater. Attach bass shakers to your seat and there's no need to even leave your house, except to buy beer.

IDK.

There was a place somewhere in Arlington, Va., some ancient old movie theatre that sat an insane number of people where I saw ET in 70mm dolby surround. (in the early 80s).

One of the defining and formulating experiences of my moviegoing life. Ranks up there with seeing Animal House at the drive in when i was supposed to be sleeping in the back seat (i was 2 or 3) and of course, the definitive Star Wars (i remember seeing Luke and Leia swing across the chasm) in its initial release.

3D never appealed to me and still doesnt.

Now if i had the money to build my own Movie Theatre (a Christie 4K projector cant be cheap) I'd do it. But i think I'd have to have an actual movie projector as well as a digital projector....

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
What don't they understand about the fact that even though I have it on DVD / Blue Ray, I'm still happy to watch older movies on the big screen in all their glory?
I agree completely. I saw the Titanic re-release last year six times. I drove 160km (round trip) the sixth time, as it was no longer playing locally. As to the 3D aspect, who cares? It was just so wonderful to see my favourite movie on the big screen again.
Over Easter this year, I was also able to see The Ten Commandments at the theatre. It was shown in its original entirety, including the introduction by DeMille and the intermission. One word - WOW!

PhotoDave219

Not even the first time this week something from these boards has been talked about on twitter. It happens all the time and always will. WDWMagic is the biggest fish out there among theme park forums when it comes to these types of things.

While thats true, I'm not used to this..... The jealousies you speak of have existed for a long, long time. Pre-twinker days.

@Orlando_Parks said:
"Universal Orlando may be planning a third theme park according to "WDW1974" on WDWMagic. What do you think?"

PhotoDave219

I think you forgot how seeing a film in a large room with a bunch of strangers can have such positive impact on your viewing experience.

I saw Pirates 2, midnight showing at PI. Electric audience. Absolutely fantastic.

Then I saw Brave, midnight showing at PI with Merida a few seats down. THAT was weird....

Next Big Thing

While thats true, I'm not used to this..... The jealousies you speak of have existed for a long, long time. Pre-twinker days.
That is true, people don't normally mention spirit by name. There are other decent forums out there in terms of the content they provide (Orlando United to name one), but they are few and far between.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Where on earth would a third park even go? Looks like a lot of neighborhoods surround universal. Unless they plan on filling in one of those big lakes around the universal area (there are several) I just can't see where on earth it would go let alone 3 more hotels and a waterpark! I see one tiny area to the side of the universal lot, but it isn't enough to fit all that???

Very curious to see where all this is going to be placed???

Wasn't there grumblings that HP would become its own gate?

TarzanRocked99-

There are a few potential options on the table, it's been long wished for that Uni would buy out Dr Phillips HS and utilize that land since its so close however knowing the current state of Central Florida schools and the politics involved the chances of that happening seem pretty small.
Then you have the collection of commercial properties currently sitting across Major Blvd most of which probably could be bought out giving them a decent chunk of land to work with, I would think this would be the easiest option. However Disneyhead over at OU hinted earlier today that they may be looking to expand across I-4 into the Wet and Wild land and further back into the old Lockheed complex which they owned at one point. That could net the best returns as it would tie them into the Orlando Convention area which has the largest amount of hotel rooms in the city outside of Disney World.

Blueliner

I'm a big fan of the WDW water parks. Outside of the resorts, they are the one area where there hasn't been a drop in quality. But keep that quiet. I'm sure if Iger found out that WDW had two water parks, he'd start demanding they cut corners there too.:mad:

I wholeheartedly agree, but I would add that Disney Cruise Line also maintains extremely high standards (albeit at a premium price). Last spring break we went on a four night Disney Cruise, followed by a stay at the Beach Club villas using DVC points, with trips to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. We did not step into any of the theme parks, but we had an absolute blast on that trip.

Blueliner

It's what we've been done for our last two trips to Orlando, with plans to do the same for our next two trips. Thank you BLT, BCV, AKV, and BWV for giving us a nice place to stay while we visit The Boy Who Won't Be Named.:cool:

AKV is particularly nice because we can head down the road a bit and pick up some cheap eats at Publix. It's a lot better than me paying nearly $300 to feed my family of six at one of WDW's grossly overpriced buffets. Heck, I don't think I spent more than $100, with tip, to feed the six of us at Confisco's and Finnegan's.

I highly recommend a trip to Disneyland Resort with a stay at the villas at the Grand Californian. We stayed at the Grand Californian this spring break on a trip from San Diego to San Francisco, with three days in the Disneyland parks sandwiched in the middle. Previously, we have stayed at the Boardwalk (our home resort), Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, and Saratoga Springs. I think the Grand Californian might be the nicest DVC resort we have been in yet (the view of Paradise Pier from the room helps). It also is perfect for in-room meals, because it is such an easy walk to both parks and Downtown Disney from the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom