Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Lee

Adventurer
I'd also point out that Lee is often toked up on Pixie Dust when he allows himself to be seen in public, so maybe you didn't get the entire package (dangerous word on a Disney fan site, no doubt)?
Sir, I''ll have you know I've been cured off the dust for years. I'm clean.
I have a permanent suite in his new cabin in the woods, although he somehow missed my demands for a fireplace in the Spirited bathroom.
That's because there isn't room in the Spirited bathroom for a fireplace. Plus, it might burn down...
image.jpg

the.dreamfinder

I have to say, wouldn't be interesting if Alan Horn and Skipper John gave a small team of animators at one of the studios 15-30 million to make a "art house" or adult animated film without the Disney name attached. BTW disney, if you were to say rerelease a film like say Akira, I guarantee that you'll make some cold hard cash for a fraction of what these tent poles cost...

lazyboy97o

I have to say, wouldn't be interesting if Alan Horn and Skipper John gave a small team of animators at one of the studios 15-30 million to make a "art house" or adult animated film without the Disney name attached. BTW disney, if you were to say rerelease a film like say Akira, I guarantee that you'll make some cold hard cash for a fraction of what these tent poles cost...
That requires a level of trust that has still not reemerged at The Walt Disney Company.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sir, I''ll have you know I've been cured off the dust for years. I'm clean.

I don't know. Mrs. Lee swears you clutch your plush nightly and blubber yourself to sleep talking about Dreams, Wishes and MAGIC!

That's because there isn't room in the Spirited bathroom for a fireplace. Plus, it might burn down...
View attachment 28730

I know talent when I see it! ... Oh, I am not saying I see it here, just that I know it when I do!:D

the.dreamfinder

That requires a level of trust that has still not reemerged at The Walt Disney Company.
Sad, but true. It's a shame really. It's really a shame when you consider statements made by Ed Catmull that open the possibility of smaller crews on animated films thanks to technological innovations.

the.dreamfinder

Spirit, have you heard of Relativty Media's use of "Moneyball" style algorithms to greenlight films? Kinda surprised Iger didn't force that on the studios since he's such a "techie".

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirit, have you heard of Relativty Media's use of "Moneyball" style algorithms to greenlight films? Kinda surprised Iger didn't force that on the studios since he's such a "techie".

I honestly don't get his whole philosophy because with every blockbuster comes diminishing returns as they wind up costing more to sign talent, more to produce and more to market. And there's a limit to how much a film will make. If Avengers 2 pulls down another billion plus at the BO, it doesn't mean Avengers 3 will pull in $2 billion. Of course, movies that are being approved now will be coming out when Iger is out of the company anyway largely.

lazyboy97o

I honestly don't get his whole philosophy because with every blockbuster comes diminishing returns as they wind up costing more to sign talent, more to produce and more to market. And there's a limit to how much a film will make. If Avengers 2 pulls down another billion plus at the BO, it doesn't mean Avengers 3 will pull in $2 billion. Of course, movies that are being approved now will be coming out when Iger is out of the company anyway largely.
Isn't it more important to get to brag about whose is bigger?

the.dreamfinder

When Marvel films really go Cosmic (super nerdy), I wonder how well they'll do?

WDW1974

Original Poster
I would love to see the green dollar costs of these movies vs the total discussed cost. If you listen to the studios, the rare money making movie isn't really enough to keep making them.

Studios economics are just a tad more realistic than Wall Street numbers. They can be tortured enough that they'll say anything!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom