Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

Cody5242

I think Frozen will do well as long as it received good reviews. Thor 2 on the other hand is questionable. The first Thor didnt exactly light up the boxoffice

Animaniac93-98

Thor 1 still made about $450 million worldwide, and with the success of The Avengers I think it has potential to do a similar number, if not more.

Since both Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph have done reasonably well with audiences and critics I don't see Frozen being much worse. I'd be shocked if it pulled in less than $400 million worldwide.

NoChesterHester

Saw this article here on Jim Hill's site talking about WDW Interactive Queue's and how they (I.Q.'s) are actually encouraging guests to be more destructive:
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...theme-park-guests-to-be-more-destructive.aspx

Edit: Hey @Figments Friend, is that you he mentioned in the beginning of the article?

Good article. *ducks thrown shoes*

There's some truth in there. I even noticed it in our group last trip. A little more poking and prodding than usual. "Hmmm wonder if this will do something if I push it" type behavior...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Saw this article here on Jim Hill's site talking about WDW Interactive Queue's and how they (I.Q.'s) are actually encouraging guests to be more destructive:
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...theme-park-guests-to-be-more-destructive.aspx

Edit: Hey @Figments Friend, is that you he mentioned in the beginning of the article?

I don't really want to come off like Eddie Sotto and ask that things/people not be mentioned in my thread, but I have very little use for Jim Hill -- and I found that particular column offensive in mutiple ways. If he wants his own readers, then he doesn't need PR help here ... let him do what others do ... buy a followers at 10,000 a pop to make it appear that people really give a damn about what you say.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, there has been lots of chatter recently aboutCars Land and Star Wars and WDW and a major announcement (fans are like parched travelers in the desert begging for a few drops of moisture). I would NOT expect anything significant in April. Disney likes saving big announcements for events like D23, and I don't see that changing any now.

Rodan75

Oh, there has been lots of chatter recently aboutCars Land and Star Wars and WDW and a major announcement (fans are like parched travelers in the desert begging for a few drops of moisture). I would NOT expect anything significant in April. Disney likes saving big announcements for events like D23, and I don't see that changing any now.

What do you think Monstrous is for? Nothing big for two days? That would suck.

WDW1974

Original Poster
What do you think Monstrous is for? Nothing big for two days? That would suck.

They've already said what's on the agenda ... everything from pushing the new summer film to new itineraries for DCL to the new Princess Hall and the new kiddie coaster and likely more details on Disney Springs ... maybe they'll even announce the new WS eatery.

Disney hasn't pulled a surprise at one of these 'events' in a decade, and I see no reason for that to change now.

To be fair, I've heard lots of 'chatter' about announcing Cars Land and/or other Studios enhancements, but I don't buy it. Not with D23 this summer and fans still up in arms that nothing of substance was announced at the last one.

Rodan75

They've already said what's on the agenda ... everything from pushing the new summer film to new itineraries for DCL to the new Princess Hall and the new kiddie coaster and likely more details on Disney Springs ... maybe they'll even announce the new WS eatery.

Disney hasn't pulled a surprise at one of these 'events' in a decade, and I see no reason for that to change now.

To be fair, I've heard lots of 'chatter' about announcing Cars Land and/or other Studios enhancements, but I don't buy it. Not with D23 this summer and fans still up in arms that nothing of substance was announced at the last one.

Man, two days for that. Lame.

lazyboy97o

That's pretty much standard operating procedure for every WDW summer/marketing kickoff in the last few years. They announce very little, and if we're lucky there's a new commercial jingle or confirmation of some minor new entertainment offering the fan boards had already been talking about for 90 days.
Maybe we can get another tired, soulless marketing campaign about celebrating something with magic and dreams we kinda had at some point with a licensed song.

WDWFigment

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom