Spirited News & Observations II -- NGE/Baxter

luv

I am the Spirit.
Is that what all this Spirit stuff is? You? Or is there more spirit stuff? And if you are The Spirit, are you The ("the") Spirit or The ("thee") Spirit? Never sure how that would be pronounced.

I don't suppose anyone would like to explain all this "Spirit" stuff, but I tried to figure it out and I can't, so I'm going to ask just this once. :)

If its a big secret, just say so, so I can give up.

Please. Thank you.

ThemeParks4Life

They've already said what's on the agenda ... everything from pushing the new summer film to new itineraries for DCL to the new Princess Hall and the new kiddie coaster and likely more details on Disney Springs ... maybe they'll even announce the new WS eatery.

Disney hasn't pulled a surprise at one of these 'events' in a decade, and I see no reason for that to change now.

To be fair, I've heard lots of 'chatter' about announcing Cars Land and/or other Studios enhancements, but I don't buy it. Not with D23 this summer and fans still up in arms that nothing of substance was announced at the last one.

You've got to be kidding me........

Nemo14

Is that what all this Spirit stuff is? You? Or is there more spirit stuff? And if you are The Spirit, are you The ("the") Spirit or The ("thee") Spirit? Never sure how that would be pronounced.

I don't suppose anyone would like to explain all this "Spirit" stuff, but I tried to figure it out and I can't, so I'm going to ask just this once. :)

Please. Thank you.

th

th

th

th

th

So many choices!!!

Daannzzz

Hey guys, remember this film: http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2013/03/days_of_ebertfest_the_2013_sch.html#comment-8687654 ?

Also, would be remiss if I didn't mention that a VERY dear friend's nephew's film (he co-wrote and is a bit more famous for 500 Days of Summer) The Spectacular Now will also be shown at the above fest.

I love "Days of Heaven". It is not in my top 10 but it is an awesome film. In particular the cinematography and score by Ennio Morricone. It would have been great to see Linda Manz go on to a bigger career in film.

Jakester

Oh, there has been lots of chatter recently aboutCars Land and Star Wars and WDW and a major announcement (fans are like parched travelers in the desert begging for a few drops of moisture). I would NOT expect anything significant in April. Disney likes saving big announcements for events like D23, and I don't see that changing any now.
I never thought once they'd announce one of those until D23, It makes the most sense.

WDW1974

Original Poster
That's pretty much standard operating procedure for every WDW summer/marketing kickoff in the last few years. They announce very little, and if we're lucky there's a new commercial jingle or confirmation of some minor new entertainment offering the fan boards had already been talking about for 90 days.

I've heard that every 'media member' attending (meaning mostly social media whores) will be getting MAGICBands that they will be able to customize ... whether this winds up happening considering the tech having ridiculous glitches remains to be seen.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Maybe we can get another tired, soulless marketing campaign about celebrating something with magic and dreams we kinda had at some point with a licensed song.

Perhaps in the year of Limited Time Magic they'll just keep bringing back old songs from past marketing events ... c'mon, everybody ... IT'S TIME TO REMEMBER THE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDW1974

Original Poster

Please. Thank you.

No big secret. I've always been WDW1974. Once I hadn't posted on a site for a few months and when I tried to log back in, I couldn't ... and when even the mods couldn't get my old 'handle' to work, I just decided on being The Spirit of 74 to mark the year I first visited WDW and the quality and experiences that came with that and since.

the.dreamfinder

No big secret. I've always been WDW1974. Once I hadn't posted on a site for a few months and when I tried to log back in, I couldn't ... and when even the mods couldn't get my old 'handle' to work, I just decided on being The Spirit of 74 to mark the year I first visited WDW and the quality and experiences that came with that and since.
For the record, I prefer The Spirit of 74.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just to try and stimulate some discussion here as there really isn't much going on at WDW (is this still 2007? or 2009? or 2011?) ... but we've talked about those pesky Mommy Bloggers (Disney is hosting an event in May with these folks that people like Shel Holtz tell them are so very important in today's social media landscape) and how important TWDC views them.

Here's an example of a typical Disney Mommy Blogger (we'll leave her name out). She was recently getting out of bed at the Grand Californian, where she was a guest of the company for the opening of the Fantasy Faire, and opened her email to get an invite to the WDW event. So, what's the reach of someone sooo important that they need to be wined and dined from coast to coast (and beyond) on Disney's dime?

Well, according to her website I was guest No. 1567 (that's the total views in the history of the site) and she has appoximately 400 followers. Let me put that in some perspective for everyone, just this one thread receives a multiple of that in clicks daily, and I AM the evil, vile, Godless, Commie, Fanboi-abusing, Disney hating Spirit.

You want reach? That is reach.

The Mommy Bloggers? ... you decide that one.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
I've heard that every 'media member' attending (meaning mostly social media whores) will be getting MAGICBands that they will be able to customize ... whether this winds up happening considering the tech having ridiculous glitches remains to be seen.

Spirit, can you comment on what "glitches" they have been having? We were at WDW just last week, received our new RFID AP cards the first day available at EPCOT, had the new RFID KTTW card, and ALL worked flawlessly the entire time we were there. Never a glitch using the new readers to enter the parks (REALLY fast for us). Just tap, then immediately place your finger on the reader - worked at all 4 parks every time. The tap to pay readers at every location worked, with only ONE exception all week, and we shopped all over the place - even the kiosks all worked. What are you hearing? Is it just the bands having an issue?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Oh, and naturally, it's almost completely dominated by white women. There is one African-American, one Asian and two white dudes. Also, one woman who looks to be of some mixed race.. Again, Disney knows where it wants to go.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirit, can you comment on what "glitches" they have been having? We were at WDW just last week, received our new RFID AP cards the first day available at EPCOT, had the new RFID KTTW card, and ALL worked flawlessly the entire time we were there. Never a glitch using the new readers to enter the parks (REALLY fast for us). Just tap, then immediately place your finger on the reader - worked at all 4 parks every time. The tap to pay readers at every location worked, with only ONE exception all week, and we shopped all over the place - even the kiosks all worked. What are you hearing? Is it just the bands having an issue?

The glitches are both back of house and with things like your RFID cards. You lucked out it would appear and didn't have issues. Others have not had such good luck. The issues don't have to do with the bands, so much as the entire system. That's why folks have been able to pull up other guests' personal information and vacation plans since the new site went live (and some have been paid off for their problems, but without even a note or letter included with the gift cards because Disney knows that would open up liability in a legal sense).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom