Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Wait... are you suggesting that I should trust scientists and medical professionals over Ace Ventura and a Playmate on these matters? You have some nerve.

What are you going to tell me next... that English scholars know more about linguistics than Honey Boo Boo?!!?!?!

Is it just me (I know it isn't, but I'm being polite) or does anyone here feel that WDW is actively going after the Honey Boo Boo crowd?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not to get too "doctory" on y'all, but there are lots of flu viruses out there... the annual shot only covers three of them... the three that folks at the Centers for Disease Control "bet" on being the likeliest offenders for that particular year. So if someone has a flu shot, if they get infected with one of those other strains... they will be just as sick as normal.

well, when you started going 'doctory' on me I was gonna ask you to look at this little growth I have on my ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
we tried it last time, for the sake of it (even though both lines were open, not fp+ yet!)
My main issue was waiting for a turn. People would park themselves at a toy, and not move, even when the line did. Then your part of the line would move, and if you are a decent person, you move ahead, missing the toy. Next toy, someone else is hogging it.
Most who were doing the hogging were adults.. the kids seemed to understand sharing.
Now what happens when the line is not moving much, and it's hot, crowded, and people are hogging. There are going to be fistfights in the queue, I know it. People have a hard enough time at wdw when we are corralled single file one at a time. free for all is going to turn violent.

I so agree with this. ... Putting games in queues is a recipe for disaster. I want to ride. I am not standing behind a family that wants to play with Disney's toys. If you stop and the line moves, then I'm going ahead of you whether you like it or not.

I am sure Disney is going on a security hiring binge soon to match the alleged hiring binge of folks to help explain FP+ at attractions entrances that I have heard is on the way.

WDWFigment

Is it just me (I know it isn't, but I'm being polite) or does anyone here feel that WDW is actively going after the Honey Boo Boo crowd?

Isn't it sad?

Some of the merchandise that they've released recently, I think, has been indicative of this. Abundant dubious pop culture references that I find demeaning to the characters who are featured on said merchandise.

And here I had been saying merchandise was on the upswing (overall, I actually still feel this way).

WDW1974

Original Poster
Full effect, with TiW being blocked on NYE and NYD

I remember having lunch at Chefs de France on 12/31/99 and being able to use my DDE card ... and having a special buffet the next NYE at the then Yacht Club Galley for dinner, again being able to use my 20% discount ... oh, and there was no such thing as seasonal price gouging because WDW was, frankly, above that type of tacky crap.

Lee

Adventurer
Fun WDWMAGIC health fact: @Lee had a 23-year no-vomit streak end on a Disney Cruise.
"Do you want to trade lobsters with me", she said.
"I prefer mine a little more done", she said.

That was the first, and as yet only, attempt on my life. Oddly, she didn't even know the Spirit at that point, so I can't even imagine what her motive was...

Anyhow, I'm fairly certain that one cabin on the Magic has since been hermetically sealed due to extreme biological contamination.

And I didn't sue.
(Should've demanded a free trip, though...)

WDW1974

Original Poster
Isn't it sad?

Some of the merchandise that they've released recently, I think, has been indicative of this. Abundant dubious pop culture references that I find demeaning to the characters who are featured on said merchandise.

And here I had been saying merchandise was on the upswing (overall, I actually still feel this way).

I wasn't thinking merchandise, but you make a good point about it. ... I sorta have given up on even looking. On my trip a few weeks ago, I barely walked into shops (outside of IOA) and just felt it wasn't worth it. If I want something from WDW, I have CM friends who can pick it up for me or I can wait and see what the local outlet store will have (right now, lots of B-Day Duffys!) and loads of vinyl at $2 a pop (I think Steven Miller sheds a tear when a vinylmation gets shipped to an outlet).

WDW1974

Original Poster
"Do you want to trade lobsters with me", she said.
"I prefer mine a little more done", she said.

That was the first, and as yet only, attempt on my life. Oddly, she didn't even know the Spirit at that point, so I can't even imagine what her motive was...

Anyhow, I'm fairly certain that one cabin on the Magic has since been hermetically sealed due to extreme biological contamination.

And I didn't sue.
(Should've demanded a free trip, though...)

You know, I wasn't aware there was a lobster swap involved (unless I have forgotten ... my meds may be making me forgetful, but they have kept me from going through Meg's trash). ... I imagine she was just ready to be done with you without a better option (namely me) there at the time.

I don't know about suing. But you should have demanded a free trip. A Disney Lifestyle blogger would have ... a CruiseCritic.com forum member woud have. ... Oh, and in 97% of cases, they would have gotten it too.

Just be glad you haven't taken a Celebrity Cruise, that could kill you. I heard their CEO wound up losing his job last year because he didn't handle the right guests the right way. You know that saying 'Blank happens!':D

yoyoflamingo

WDW desperately needs a VP of Show Quality Standards/Guest Services that is from outside the company and doesn't report to anyone except the Prez of WDW and the head of P&R, one who understands the product and what is truly important. ... Yes, TDO ... you know where and how to reach me!

I'll volunteer to report to you for 1 of the parks. One person in charge of each park, reporting to a VP of Show Standards sounds like a way to stay on top of all the show elements and not get overwhelmed. There's a lot that needs to be reported in WDW.

ebof1023

I never ever want to take over the Spirits thread. Dosnt really matter. They always run off in so many different directions that it rarely matters.....as long as the discussion is Spirited. As some may know I am at POP right now......never again. I mean never. The elevator in building 5....the floor hasnt been mopped going on two days now. The same soda sticky mess is still there. The manager of this placed should be fired! The place isnt even up to the standard of .....forget that. There is no standard. The place is a friggin dump. That said I am pleasantly surprised with my room. Once inside everything is just peachy. Not sure how that happens.
!
funny you say that, we stayed there a couple weeks ago on a spur of the moment trip(prior trip we were at the contemporary) after eating at the cali grill we went to the front desk to see what the rates were for our next trip there...the running joke was that we were staying at the disney ghetto...and we told the person working the desk this and she laughed and said thats what many CM call POP as well...so seems like everyone feels this way not just you

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It's funny that you mention this. There was another thread where people were talking about how prices were making WDW more difficult for anyone who is not wealthy to afford. Hope Honey Boo Boo has a Visa or MasterCard;)

CBOMB

That's not a huge surprise.

Because of the holidays falling on Tuesdays this year, it is a bit of a strange holiday season. I still think it's the holidays, but most people I know think they're all over.

Also, who wants to eat at 5 p.m.? Folks over 75? 80? @CBOMB 's age?

How was your dinner and how much did it cost? Was the holiday surcharge in effect?
If I eat any later than that I fall asleep in my food.

Figments Friend

WDW desperately needs a VP of Show Quality Standards/Guest Services that is from outside the company and doesn't report to anyone except the Prez of WDW and the head of P&R, one who understands the product and what is truly important. ... Yes, TDO ... you know where and how to reach me!

Completely agree.
This must happen soon...before the place implodes. You can just see it coming.....

tracyandalex

I wasn't thinking merchandise, but you make a good point about it. ... I sorta have given up on even looking. On my trip a few weeks ago, I barely walked into shops (outside of IOA) and just felt it wasn't worth it. If I want something from WDW, I have CM friends who can pick it up for me or I can wait and see what the local outlet store will have (right now, lots of B-Day Duffys!) and loads of vinyl at $2 a pop (I think Steven Miller sheds a tear when a vinylmation gets shipped to an outlet).

That's us too. Most of the stores carry the same generic and cheap (quality, definitely not price) merchandise anyways. I must admit though that due to the lovely CM discount santa did pick up a few items for DD. Most of the time I after I have been ushered through 1 or 2 shops after riding a ride I generally have no desire to enter another one.
We were in the gift shop at the CR and a woman was looking at a box of princess dolls and while standing in the shop she pulled up the online store and found the same thing on sale there and it was costly enough for free shipping. She left a little annoyed and probably bought that same item online for less. It seems Disney can't even get the generic stuff right.

yoyoflamingo

That's us too. Most of the stores carry the same generic and cheap (quality, definitely not price) merchandise anyways. I must admit though that due to the lovely CM discount santa did pick up a few items for DD. Most of the time I after I have been ushered through 1 or 2 shops after riding a ride I generally have no desire to enter another one.
We were in the gift shop at the CR and a woman was looking at a box of princess dolls and while standing in the shop she pulled up the online store and found the same thing on sale there and it was costly enough for free shipping. She left a little annoyed and probably bought that same item online for less. It seems Disney can't even get the generic stuff right.

What annoys me even more is they are now selling the same things on the Disney Store they are selling in the Parks. I'm not talking about the Disney Parks store online, but items made for the Disney Store are now being sold in the parks. They aren't even changing that packaging that lists it as a Disney Store item. It's like they don't have enough generic merchandise made for the parks, they have to fill in the empty shelves that used to sell unique, park specific merchandise with even more bland merch that I don't even have to leave my house to buy.

asianway

What annoys me even more is they are now selling the same things on the Disney Store they are selling in the Parks. I'm not talking about the Disney Parks store online, but items made for the Disney Store are now being sold in the parks. They aren't even changing that packaging that lists it as a Disney Store item. It's like they don't have enough generic merchandise made for the parks, they have to fill in the empty shelves that used to sell unique, park specific merchandise with even more bland merch that I don't even have to leave my house to buy.
And then they have to raise prices and ratchet the AP discount down to meet their numbers, rather than asking themselves why no one is buying the stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom