Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

Genie of the Lamp

And Transformers, and Springfield, and a new lagoon show in IOA (maybe), and a JP expansion (maybe), and a new hotel....

I'm pretty sure Mr.Spirit said in some thread here that the JP expansion was definitely a go even though it hasn't been publicly announced yet. I think he said they were putting in 2 E-Tickets and something else I forget.

dupac

Lurker but I saw something today that made me finally register. Perusing the job board on my university's career services site, I spotted this listing:

Pricing Strategy & Revenue Management Internship - Walt Disney World

RESPONSIBILITIES:
Intern assignments include, but are not limited to:
•Building complex financial spreadsheet models/analysis to drive pricing decisions for multiple lines of business at both the Walt Disney World & Disneyland Resorts.
•Analyzing large quantities of historical data to better understand guest behavior by identifying trends, patterns, and irregularities in consumer transactions.
•Developing competitive research and conducting industry benchmarks to provide background information for the entire Pricing department.
•Identifying industry practices and academic theory in economics, finance, revenue management, and marketing disciplines to advance the department’s analysis.
•Preparing weekly and monthly reporting in regards to sales and booking data.

I just thought the timing of this listing being posted was interesting. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it is the only listing by WDC on the board.

dhall

True - but that is immaterial to the issue under discussion. which was yhe assertion that Disney is going to data mine you and sell the data as the premise to pay for it all AND you can't opt out of it. And then they were going to do it with the children too... And how it all is gonna violate coppa... Etc

I know the reasoning behind what is opt in vs out and motivations...

Also for your earlier post - they don't need everyone ORT even a majority - what they need is a good that equally represents the target group. If it matcvhs well, then they can extrapolate. Its when the sample does not represent the whole group well that they get in trouble. So they need the divertsity and just a large enough sample to flatten anonomolies

For relatively simple data and for relatively stable demographics, that's right. When you don't know the questions in advance, and they'll be asking thousands of questions about the model over the life of the system, or when you don't know in advance what the demographic categories will be or how they intersect, then you want to get as complete coverage as you can.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Lurker but I saw something today that made me finally register. Perusing the job board on my university's career services site, I spotted this listing:

RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Building complex financial spreadsheet models/analysis to drive pricing decisions for multiple lines of business at both the Walt Disney World & Disneyland Resorts.
•Analyzing large quantities of historical data to better understand guest behavior by identifying trends, patterns, and irregularities in consumer transactions.
•Developing competitive research and conducting industry benchmarks to provide background information for the entire Pricing department.
•Identifying industry practices and academic theory in economics, finance, revenue management, and marketing disciplines to advance the department’s analysis.

I just thought the timing of this listing being posted was interesting. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it is the only listing by WDC on the board.

Your school must have a special listing... I'm not seeing that one yet on disneycareers.com

stevehousse

• The MagicBand is initially available to select Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests and guests who purchase other specific products. Other guests will be able to use their standard ticket to access the benefits of MyMagic+, such as making FastPass+ selections on My Disney Experience.

So does this mean that if I stay off property I can avoid this whole tragic band? Also, it says that the tragic band is available to guests who purchase other specific products. What products are they talking about? If these questions have already been answered i apologize I have not seen them anywhere.

The only other "product" I'm aware of that gets associated with the tragic band is the photo pass + package! Which raised a bunch of new questions about that that whole process works!!! I am going to the world in May, an we are very nervous that we will turn in our receipt for a lanyard and they will hand us a tragic band to test instead!!!

I will be extremely upset if they try to test tht out on me, considering if that does happen, I now have missed out in te opertunity to use the ff+ advance booking feature that is associated with the bands! Do many questions and not a single answer!

I am starting to think that they don't even know how all of this stuff is going to work, seeing that there are no answers for anyone's questions! This tragic band changes so much about how each of us know how to vacation at the world and I do not like it!

On a side note, I don't really care if they track me and my family, like someone stated earlier, all iPhone and android apps ask for ur location so people are already used to being located! I know done peeps have a problem with it, but I say who cares! I just want to know how to vacation with this new system before we go instead of not knowing anything when we arrive!

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Welcome. Nothing like jumping into the deep end with your first post. This thread has been ALL over the place, and pruned back numerous times.

donaldtoo

They are probably laughing as they watch Diagon Alley being constructed before their eyes.

While TDO is, alternately, curled up in fetal position in a corner with it's thumb up it's...errr...in it's mouth whimpering "Mama", and then running around like drunken monkeys tryin' to figure out what the h*ll they're gonna' come up with next to announce, retract, start, stop, bulldoze, stop, etc., etc., etc.

dupac

That's a JOB! Can't believe they want some intern to do this.

In all reality, it's something I wouldn't mind doing and it does fall in the spectrum of my degree (industrial engineering). It really sounds like they need some fresh-faced college kids to do all their dirty work at the beginning of this data-mining adventure. The internship lasts from 6/2013 to 1/2014.

donaldtoo

Can we please put this thread to rest? It's basically one gigantic soap box with no actual news or rumors.

The title of the thread also includes the words "Observations and Opinions". No "Rumors".
Although, I heard a rumor that "Rumors" may be added to the title soon. But, that's just a rumor. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom