Spirited News and Observations and Opinions ...

MattM

Nah. I was thinking someone here might for some unknown reason want to work for the Accenture & Cisco Business Group that has the contract for implimenting MyMagic+ at WDW ... of course ... I don't know of any individuals with the type of knowledge of both datamining and Disney that could do so, but you never know who you'll come across on a Disney fan forum.

I have met some of my closest friends on them. Oh, and one time I made the WORST MISTAKE EVER (actually, not really, sadly!) by befriending someone with some considerable 'baggage'.

There is at least one Accenture employee active in this thread, no?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Some more NEWS, but not on the subject of NEXT GEN.

There have been some very hot rumours about WDW wanting its own version of Club 33 or the Carthay Circle Club in O-Town. Nothing that I've been able to pin down as definite, which is why I haven't mentioned it.

But found out earlier that WDW is now offering $99 APs (yes, you read that right) to DL Club 33 members at the Gold Tier or higher as well as merchandise discounts around the resort. I am wondering if this is something designed to see how many west coast folks might be interested in a similar club at WDW.

WDW1974

Original Poster
• The MagicBand is initially available to select Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests and guests who purchase other specific products. Other guests will be able to use their standard ticket to access the benefits of MyMagic+, such as making FastPass+ selections on My Disney Experience.

So does this mean that if I stay off property I can avoid this whole tragic band? Also, it says that the tragic band is available to guests who purchase other specific products. What products are they talking about? If these questions have already been answered i apologize I have not seen them anywhere.

Right now, it's a mess ... so no one has to worry about using MagicBands (and how wonderful they look on multi-ethic families in publicity shots).

I don't see anyway they are even an issue in 2013. I just don't. Except for test groups. And they can't even get the system to work for say 600 guests, how are they going to make it work for EVERY guest that enters.

Mind you, they have Accenture working for them ... and Cisco ... and DTSS ... and they still are as clueless as a teen fanboi when a 55-year-old Imagineer suddenly wants to 'friend' them.

Long-winded, sorry Alissa. But I think you will always be able to avoid the band, you just won't be able to avoid the chip.

Captain Chaos

Your school must have a special listing... I'm not seeing that one yet on disneycareers.com
Cause it is for intern... Maybe that's why colleges got it and disneycareers.com don't? Maybe if they can't fill it through colleges first (and no reason why they shouldn't be able to) then maybe it will hit the website...

scpergj

Right now, it's a mess ... so no one has to worry about using MagicBands (and how wonderful they look on multi-ethic families in publicity shots).

I don't see anyway they are even an issue in 2013. I just don't. Except for test groups. And they can't even get the system to work for say 600 guests, how are they going to make it work for EVERY guest that enters.

Mind you, they have Accenture working for them ... and Cisco ... and DTSS ... and they still are as clueless as a teen fanboi when a 55-year-old Imagineer suddenly wants to 'friend' them.

Long-winded, sorry Alissa. But I think you will always be able to avoid the band, you just won't be able to avoid the chip.

I've got a friend that is looking into a job as Cisco in the Orlando area..hmmm...!!!

I'm going to see what I can find out about Accenture and DTSS. Wonder if I'm qualified....

WDW1974

Original Poster
I honestly think its out of misunderstanding what you have in front of you.

Well, I have admitted to not being tech savvy about 324 times here. So, you probably have a point. ... But I also think you are much too quick to jump to Disney's defense when you know the tech better than probably anyone here (or almost ... where's @Lil Fort ?)

I also trust implicitly the source who provided me (and who knows? maybe Markey too?) the internal information.

And let's also be blunt, technology like this morphs and has the ability to change into a much different product than the basics that Disney is allegedly starting with.

Speaking of the technology, Iger's use of the phrase 'is not GPS-based'' concerns me. Again, I don't know the specifics of the tech. I do know there is a difference between enabled and based. Disney must have had a good reason for using that particular wording, especially because we know the MagicBands have 2.4 GHz antennas in addition to the two RFIDs. Maybe you or someone else can help with the understanding of this.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Welcome-I look forward to hearing your perspective on the boards.

Honestly, that isn't even funny.

Maybe I am an (just ask my many loved ones!), but I am not welcoming anyone who starts posting in this thread and starts with something provocative. I've been burned too many times. I will gladly apologize if I'm wrong down the line. But, no, I won't welcome them here.

If you want a night of entertainment, Cougartown is on TBS now ... and there's plenty of free or Jeff Lange videos (I don't know which makes me feel dirtier watching!) out there ... It would be nice to leave the entertainment to the experts.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I'm pretty sure Mr.Spirit said in some thread here that the JP expansion was definitely a go even though it hasn't been publicly announced yet. I think he said they were putting in 2 E-Tickets and something else I forget.

JP is getting one major E-caliber attraction and a nice minor attraction with major interactivity along the lagoon.

And they really don't have to announce anything, they're just building.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Not meaning to stir the pot here, but I heard a good rumor that Mr. Iger toured new fantasyland today.

Not a rumour.

A reality.

Was also at EPCOT. I believe at Tron Track, but haven't been able to confirm that yet.

He just finished a lovely dinner before bed ... ... I think it would be nice if he just showed up at say the food court and pool and started asking guests questions. But that's just how I'd run things ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom