Spirit of Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWspider

Originally posted by DMC-12

ummm...quite a few people were boasting about who was where...and how many posts they had...so yes...it became a race for the top spots..and it was no longer fun :)

Yeah, at any given point we saw who was where in the madness. Do you really feel people were posting just to try and accomplish something. Sure when 5000 and 10,000 came around, but so what? There is no competition, what can we accomplish? If Steve really felt that way I'm sure he can tell us himself.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
There are reasons...but I am not going into that....

I am not going to debate...nor argue... :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Re: WOW!

Originally posted by spider-man
PrincessAli 4
WDWFREAK53 3
spider-man 2
garyhoov 1
Erika 1

Ali is way ahead.

I'm always behind. :(

This is what I'm talking about. I didn't even know you could check to see who posted how many times until Ryan became a race for the top spot.

I'll agree, take it up with Steve. Even Maria was ready for it to die.

There was a competition to see who had the most posts in the thread. In fact it was kinda sad, and was exactly what the Ryan thread was trying to rebel against.

You say I make no sense because there was nowhere to race to. Well, that may be true, but it was a daily update on who was the top spot.

I remember when hitting 5000 and 10000 was fun. Towards the end it felt pointless and empty because the crap posts got it there.

MKCustodial

Re: Re: WOW!

Originally posted by Fievel

This is what I'm talking about. I didn't even know you could check to see who posted how many times until Ryan became a race for the top spot.

There was a competition to see who had the most posts in the thread. In fact it was kinda sad, and was exactly what the Ryan thread was trying to rebel against.

You say I make no sense because there was nowhere to race to. Well, that may be true, but it was a daily update on who was the top spot.

I remember when hitting 5000 and 10000 was fun. Towards the end it felt pointless and empty because the crap posts got it there.

Once again, Fievel, you're right... :lol: I just hope that we can get the Spirit of Ryan back to its TRUE spirit.

Maria

Even Maria was ready for it to die.

The truth is: I wanted it to be locked and I got my wish granted. I was going to hit "delete" a while ago when it started getting out of control, but then I realized that it was a legend and that I couldn´t delete anything anymore! hehe...

I am glad to see it locked. It was corrupted already and I think it should be kept like that for a while at least. It was fun while it lasted as a pointless thread to chit chat for real and not like in an aim chat. :)

WDWspider

OK, OK. The counts above where to spoof. I now understand your points. I have discussed the subject with some people in AIM and I see things clearly now, I thought I should say this since I made the other posts as well.

:)

PrincessAli

okay, I just want all of you to know right now....that I particularly was not racing for a top spot....it just happened....so yeah, maybe it was time for it to be closed because it was a tad out of hand.....

well anywho....:wave:

Castle Cake Apologist

I'm in my dark place because you forgot my birthday... Let me do it, let me do it. I don't wanna say... :lol: (Anyone who gets that can officialy be my best friend)

RobFL

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DisneyExpert
I'm in my dark place because you forgot my birthday... Let me do it, let me do it. I don't wanna say... :lol: (Anyone who gets that can officialy be my best friend)

Ugh, i can't stand Stuart.

-Rob

WDWspider

Originally posted by RobFL

Mornin...

but this just isn't as much fun as Ryan was.. *sigh*

-Rob

Well... two major differences:

1. Everyone knows one another from the start (or a lot more of us know each other)

2. The thread is short enough for newcomers to read and/or join in with new insights

So it's all good in a way. :(

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Originally posted by RobFL

Mornin...

but this just isn't as much fun as Ryan was.. *sigh*

-Rob

Well, that's because the Freak hasn't stopped by all that much...

So...I have just ONE question for everyone...

Have you ever danced with the devil in a pale moon light???
I ask that of all my prey...

(c'mon...you guys MUST know what movie that's from)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom