Spirit of Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mom

Premium Member
Steve, forget me! Time to give Eeyore that slap option. ;) You go, girl! :sohappy:

I tried to be nice, and I wasn't even nasty when Rob went after my best buddy, but NO ONE attacks the boss! :mad:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by The Mom
Steve, forget me! Time to give Eeyore that slap option. ;) You go, girl! :sohappy:

I tried to be nice, and I wasn't even nasty when Rob went after my best buddy, but NO ONE attacks the boss! :mad:
:lol:

LeBellePetite

Account Suspended
I acutually swore I wasn't even gonna post on this board.. but now my dander is up.. First off this whole corruption thing and vieled innuendos.. I love how it is "okay" for some.. certain few to do such things.. but hey the rest of us.. screw.. now lets move onto the competition issue.. oh yeah THIS ONE I JUST LOVE..!!
I see alot of the old hmm lets just say click doing the same thing they accuse others of doing and ruining things.. Now I assumed Ryan and all other threads on chit chat was all for fun... Well I assumed so.. I did not realize that certain things were supposed to be said.. only exact topics were to be covered.. I will be the first to say I HAD fun.. I said what came to mind.. including work.. my kids and whatever else popped in my head.. and Yeah I started the lollipop thread as a gag.. something to loosen folks up.. something for them smile about.. but at this point I AM TIRED of gettting attacked in AIM, PM's and even my yahoo for being who I am.. and I am tired of being accused of dealing a death blow to Ryan.. as far as I am concerned it was going the way it was going before I even got started.. so for those that think I am the corrupter of children.. BITE ME!!.. for those who think I have no morals or brains.. BLOW ME!! and for the rest of those negative attitudes.. well you will more then likely spend your lives forever dwelling upon the poision within your souls and die a miserable old person with no one about to give a damn

Maria

Originally posted by LeBellePetite
I acutually swore I wasn't even gonna post on this board.. but now my dander is up.. First off this whole corruption thing and vieled innuendos.. I love how it is "okay" for some.. certain few to do such things.. but hey the rest of us.. screw.. now lets move onto the competition issue.. oh yeah THIS ONE I JUST LOVE..!!
I see alot of the old hmm lets just say click doing the same thing they accuse others of doing and ruining things.. Now I assumed Ryan and all other threads on chit chat was all for fun... Well I assumed so.. I did not realize that certain things were supposed to be said.. only exact topics were to be covered.. I will be the first to say I HAD fun.. I said what came to mind.. including work.. my kids and whatever else popped in my head.. and Yeah I started the lollipop thread as a gag.. something to loosen folks up.. something for them smile about.. but at this point I AM TIRED of gettting attacked in AIM, PM's and even my yahoo for being who I am.. and I am tired of being accused of dealing a death blow to Ryan.. as far as I am concerned it was going the way it was going before I even got started.. so for those that think I am the corrupter of children.. BITE ME!!.. for those who think I have no morals or brains.. BLOW ME!! and for the rest of those negative attitudes.. well you will more then likely spend your lives forever dwelling upon the poision within your souls and die a miserable old person with no one about to give a damn

I don´t know what got you so upset.... it was just a thread that got extremely long. You can still post whatever pops in your head in other chit chat threads or in the new yahoo club called wdwmagic. I´m very sorry this upsets you. :( You can check Steve´s reasons in the Forum Announcements Board. ;)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Please Read this....

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15647\\

2. There was some content weaved throughout the thread was of a potential legal nature that I have no wish for this forum to be a part of

nuff said really :)

darthdarrel

I really can`t understand what everyone is getting so upset about !! Ryan was Just a thread, like all other threads in CHit chat,fun that`s all pure fun! And who is sending negative Pm`s to people?? People get a clue... Chit chat is just that Non disney related fun!:brick:

DisneyWorldGuru

I agree, I mean just be happy it lasted as long as it did. We made it past 10,000 which is something I never thought would happen. I figured it would be closed way before that. And DONT talk bad about Steve. He is a great guy to make this site, run it, and pay for it. Just be greatful that there is a Disney-lover like Steve who puts out his money so fellow Disney freaks can share information on Disney.

And as Darth said, it was only a thread, there is like 20,000 more on this site (visit them!).

Once again, thanks Steve.

LeBellePetite

Account Suspended
GRRRRR!!!

I have many reasons to be upset.. but the fact Ryan shutting down is not one of them.. the crap i am getting in messages about how Ryan went to the dogs when i started and how I brought the death of Ryan does bother me.. But I am saddened to see folks that supposed love Disney as much as I do could be so hateful

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Lisa,

I think you're taking this way too seriously. Ryan wasn't a person, it was a thread. It went from a small, fun thing to a huge, unmanagable thing. People who used to read it everyday couldn't keep up with it anymore, so it lost its initial following and changed into something else.

It's no individual's fault (people can easily blame me as much as anyone else), it's just something that happened.

mightyduck

Originally posted by RobFL

And out of it grew an elitest group...

We're Disney fans, we know all about the issues with elite groups popping up when a perk is offered for a price.

You have resort snobs and those obnoxious people with premium annual passes who think they should get special treatment at the parks, like unlimited fast passes.

-Rob

Rob, where were you when Steve announced the site was closing because he couldn't afford it? The "regulars" who could afford it kicked in to help. Then Steve said he wasn't getting enough on a consistent basis and didn't want to keep asking, so he asked us what he thought of a premium member package. He thought more people would be willing to contribute if he offered something "extra"--otherwise people say, "Why would I pay for this if I get it for free?" (some people would, at least). For the low price of $5 a month, you too could be in the PML.

This week's topic: SAT words and sexual innuendo. If you don't want to spend the $5 to read it in the lounge, your local library probably has a copy of an SAT prep book like "Word Smart." ;)

Why am I telling you this? You already know these things.

And duh, if you don't contribute, you can obviously still enjoy the forums, as MOST of the people here are doing right now.

Tramp

Originally posted by mightyduck

And duh, if you don't contribute, you can obviously still enjoy the forums, as MOST of the people here are doing right now.

Hi Doll:

Of course, you're absolutely right...The PML was a voluntary thing right from the beginning. Steve made that perfectly clear over and over again. There isn't a single incident that I can recall that anyone's arm was twisted to contribute, or where a member was ridiculed or disparaged in any way for not contributing. Steve would never tolerate that and neither would the members of the PML.... On the other hand, Contributing members have regularly come under attack from sissy-pants whiners with "mommy" issues that think they're missing out on something in the PML.
Whether or not I contribute $5 to the forum, my opinion of these bed-wetters will never change. They love to throw the barbs at other members and then proclaim a foul when someone calls them on it...invoking their 'right' to voice their opinions. What these losers do is tantamount to inciting a riot, trying to polarize members in a "them against us" campaign and, personally, I can't stand the whining from these people any longer.... LEAVE, don't make yourself miserable any longer.

I've mentioned to some that this old Marine is struggling in a young man's forum. Coming here day after day and engaging in this stupidity has reached my limit. Not that anyone asked me to do it but, apparently, there is no honor in defending the integrity of the forum or challenging unprovoked malicious comments aimed at some of it's good members or questioning the character of those who represent themselves as something other than who they really are. You, Duckie, know my background all too well and know that my background and such insincerity do not mix. It's difficult for me to sit on the sidelines while people take backhanded shots at innocent members.

Remember when we laughed out loud at all our human foibles with our forum friends? Whatever happened to that?

...There is no other better forum, that's why the morons that get kicked out continue to sneak back in under new names. How stable can these people be...a bunch of friggin no-life, pantywaist wackos!

...Let me stop here... I've fallen off my soapbox and can't get up.

Legacy

Originally Posted By Tramp-
...Let me stop here... I've fallen off my soapbox and can't get up.
*helps pick Tramp up and dust him off*

By no means stop.

Look Rob, I use to be in the same boat as you, mad about 'the elitist'. You know what I did? I stopped posting for a while. Well, not really stopped, just limited my posting. I posted some stuff that had caused a lot of tempers to flare and just thought it best to lay low for a while. After a while I saw that 'the elitist' weren't out for blood, they just knew each other from various other forms... be it AIM, Chat Rooms, or e-mail. I hate to use such a degrading term, but it's kinda like high school in that you have to prove yourself to people. Yes, we all say 'Hi' to new-comers, and we like to see the board grow. But there is a core clique that keeps the boards running, and frankly, interesting. I have a hunch that you are feeling left out of the 'In-Crowd' and so when something you don't like happens, you use them as a scapegoat as a sort of retaliation for the fact that you are not a 'part' of them.

This isn't kindergarden. Steve isn't going act like a teacher and say, 'Now why don't you let Robby play with you?'. If he was like that then no one would be here. Yes, there is an 'In-Crowd' so to speak. So cry me a river. Frankly, all I ever read from you besides information any CM with access to the Portal can get are negative gripes and condecsending comments. I'm tired of it, and would love to throw a cookie at your head... a hard one.

MrPromey

Originally posted by Kicker

*helps pick Tramp up and dust him off*

By no means stop.

Look Rob, I use to be in the same boat as you, mad about 'the elitist'. You know what I did? I stopped posting for a while. Well, not really stopped, just limited my posting. I posted some stuff that had caused a lot of tempers to flare and just thought it best to lay low for a while. After a while I saw that 'the elitist' weren't out for blood, they just knew each other from various other forms... be it AIM, Chat Rooms, or e-mail. I hate to use such a degrading term, but it's kinda like high school in that you have to prove yourself to people. Yes, we all say 'Hi' to new-comers, and we like to see the board grow. But there is a core clique that keeps the boards running, and frankly, interesting. I have a hunch that you are feeling left out of the 'In-Crowd' and so when something you don't like happens, you use them as a scapegoat as a sort of retaliation for the fact that you are not a 'part' of them.

This isn't kindergarden. Steve isn't going act like a teacher and say, 'Now why don't you let Robby play with you?'. If he was like that then no one would be here. Yes, there is an 'In-Crowd' so to speak. So cry me a river. Frankly, all I ever read from you besides information any CM with access to the Portal can get are negative gripes and condecsending comments. I'm tired of it, and would love to throw a cookie at your head... a hard one.

See, and that's the thing. It isn't exactly hard to become part of the "in Crowd". The first step is to not come on here and assault or attack us. When you blanket a large group of people and call them all bad even when it's just a few that you have a gripe with, that large group of people tends to turn on you. That's a fact of life - you throw one stone and get several dozen chucked back. You then turn around and want to know why so many people have a gripe with you and it's because you have collectively insulted all of them be it directly or not.

The premium members are not a collective group of elitists. We have a sort of chit-chat to ourselves, we can store more PMs and that's about it. Unless I'm mistaken, the lounge was actually more of a way to give the small group that was getting overcrowded in chit-chat when it first started to grow about a year ago, somewhere that they could still keep up. There was a time when you could start a thread and come back in a few days and only have a dozen replies to it. Today, if you start a thread in Chit-Chat and it isn't an instant hit, it is a few pages back in the blink of an eye or a multitude of people post to it making it hard for even the person who created it to keep up in some cases. This is a sad fact of life. It's the price you pay for growth and while I'm sure that we are all happy to see the forums become more popular, a lot of the intimacy that caused so many of us to become close in the first place has been lost.

Anyone who wants to see what goes on in the PML need only pony up $5 once to sooth their curiosity. For five dollars you can have an entire month to spy on all the other premium members and see what they are saying that you don't normally have access to. A word of warning before you shell out your hard earned cash though: You'll probably be thoroughly disappointed since the PML gets probably about 5% of the traffic that Chit-Chat does on a regular basis and it's for that reason that so many of the senior premium members like it.You could call it our little version of Celebration on the Web if you want. There are no mysteries to the universe or any great secrets of the forum discussed there.

Some of us walk around acting like we own the place but that has more to do with seniority than anything else. It is true that some of us get more leeway with Steve than new members but that is also the case with senior posters who aren't Premium Members (although it is not a big coincidence that most of the senior members are premium members as well.) Most of us who "get away with stuff" have been around here and/or done enough for the site for Steve to understand that we are straight shooters. If a person with no seniority and no real commitment to this site comes in and does something questionable they are treated differently. Some people may not think that is fair but Steve doesn't know each and every one of the thousands of the people on this forum personally and when a person shows a record of causing trouble even after being warned by Steve (as is what happened with RobFL - yes he was warned more than once when he went too far with some statements) they get the boot. Sure, they may have been having a bad day and dug themselves a hole without meaning to but that's life and the world is not fair. We have had more than our share of crazies that have been outlandish, gotten banned and then harassed Steve and other members through email.

What I'm getting at with all of this is that every new member has a choice on this site. They can complain about the double standards that do in fact exist but have nothing to do with giving money to Steve and criticize other facets of the site until they finally get kicked off or they can stick around, get to know everyone and eventually end up being one of those people that gets treated better by the owner. Will becoming a premium member get you to that level of respect more quickly? My guess would be yes. I mean, I can't speak for Steve but I would have to wonder why a person who was paying money to support a site would undermine it by intentionally looking to cause trouble on it, wouldn't you?

Something that everyone seems to forget is that unlike Disney or any other big company, this site is run non-profit. As a matter of fact, it's run at a considerable loss by the owner. Steve has no obligations to anyone. He doesn't have customers and there is no requirement for him to do anything or provide anything to anyone at all. This site looks professionally done because Steve puts a lot of time and money into keeping it up but at it's core, it isn't any different than something you would run across at www.geocities.com . It's a personal site. It's a big personal site but it's still a personal site that is run as a hobby by a very generous guy. I think we all could use a reminder of this every once in a while!

BTW, this wasn't really directed towards you, Kicker. You made a good point that I agree with. :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by MrPromey

There are no mysteries to the universe or any great secrets of the forum discussed there.

Apparently you missed my "Cold Fusion" thread.:lol:

Seriously, nicely stated Mr. P:sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by MrPromey

See, and that's the thing. It isn't exactly hard to become part of the "in Crowd". The first step is to not come on here and assault or attack us. When you blanket a large group of people and call them all bad even when it's just a few that you have a gripe with, that large group of people tends to turn on you. That's a fact of life - you throw one stone and get several dozen chucked back. You then turn around and want to know why so many people have a gripe with you and it's because you have collectively insulted all of them be it directly or not.

Very well said MrP, I agree with everything you have said there, that is exactly how things work. (not just the part quoted above). :)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by garyhoov

Apparently you missed my "Cold Fusion" thread.:lol:

Seriously, nicely stated Mr. P:sohappy:

Gary...I had the "Mr. Fusion" almost completed...now you had to go and tell everyone...

*throws away blue prints to time machine*

:rolleyes: :D :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom