Speculation - MK Welcome Show to end

Clamman73

It's kinda scary how many people lack comprehension skills.

And as another poster mentioned this may be just for ABD guests. Separate from the existing show.
But why would they do a second concurring opening ceremony on a particular day just for limited number of these guests at the hub?
openingcere.jpg

Jon81uk

I feel like a lot of people just read the title and angrily posted.

The rumor, based on an ABD trip, is that the welcome show would be MOVED to the castle stage, not cancelled altogether. If they have the MS vehicles running early on too, i'd find that a much more pleasant way of doing rope-drop.

I was thinking the same, if true, it sounds more like a move than a cancellation.

Monorail_Red_77

this is sooo sad. this was the one last REAL rope drop/welcome ceremony. All the rest in my opinion are not worth watching. Only good if you want to be one of the first on a ride or whatever. The MK Welcome ceremony really sets you up for a great day at Magic Kingdom. Kinda like the Goodnight Kiss at the close of the day. It was something special. Guess this is one more Disney plus that is getting the ax. I only hope that this is temporary until the security stuff is sorted out.

Monorail_Red_77

This seems to be a strange move. If they're cutting it due to capacity issues at the front of the park...those same people are going to be all crammed in in front of the castle. Maybe they think people have lost interest in the welcome show...especially now with EMH. Think about it...if you get to get into the park an hour early or have a breakfast reservation...you're completely missing the show. I'm sure they have data to support the change and it's not a "haha...let's cut something else to **** off all the people on the WDW Magic forum."

Every time I have experienced the welcome show it has been packed to capacity and bleeding out past the turnstiles and into the bag check area, etc. I don't think there is a lack on interest. Prob just a capacity issue that someone is getting tired of dealing with in upper management.

dreamscometrue

I feel like a lot of people just read the title and angrily posted.

The rumor, based on an ABD trip, is that the welcome show would be MOVED to the castle stage, not cancelled altogether. If they have the MS vehicles running early on too, i'd find that a much more pleasant way of doing rope-drop.
Well said. This is typical of social media in general, and discussion forums in particular.

John

It's kinda scary how many people lack comprehension skills.

And as another poster mentioned this may be just for ABD guests. Separate from the existing show.

I am one of those that ranted the loudest. If this does not materialize and I am wrong I will humbly come on here and eat crow. I hope you are correct....I really do.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im glad its going, happy clappy nonsense hemmed in by the unwashed and the Nimitz class stroller armada. But to replace it with more of the same mince just a site change is a travesty if that is true. If I like it is important, if its not to my taste who give s a fez.
Its all Disney and thats all that matters to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom