Speculation - MK Welcome Show to end

brb1006

The Welcome show has got to be too popular to just end plus there are no rumors of cutting the trolley dancers(CORRECT?!?!?!?!?!?!)which does the welcome show.

I HOPE I don't eat my words but, I would wait and see with this one.....Could they just be doing the no train version at the castle stage? They do have a version not using the train. Maybe a new song? I'm sorry but MK's anthem needs to go, It's not 7 lands anymore.
What's the MK anthem?

JoMarch

My day is now successfully ruined......

I know it's a little show, but it really makes the opening of the Magic Kingdom special. It's quintessential Disney World - it would be a big shame to lose it.

DisneyGigi

Just out of curiosity, when did the Welcome show begin? We didn't catch it til 2007, but do it first day every trip if we get there in time. I swear, this will cut to the bone, if true.

Disone

I would miss the show, but honestly, I do miss being able to enter Main Street USA prior to park opening. I don't know when the Welcome Show started but there was a time the MK would do a rope drop just like Disneyland. Pretty much were Casey's Corner. There was not a show per say, but there was an opening announcement. Maybe because it's what I grew up with, its an old tradition I would not mind seeing coming back. That said, I would miss the welcome show, mostly because I love the trains.

peter11435

Remember this is just speculation at this point and the only evidence is that ABD itinerary.

Breakfast guest are always allowed in the park before rope drop and generally gather around the hub after breakfast. They wait there until after the welcome show takes place and guests are walked down Main Street. Once the guests from the welcome show have reached the hub, ropes are dropped at the entrance to each land.

The ABD itinerary says they will first be having breakfast at Tony's. So they are already in the park. Therefore they wouldn't be seeing the welcome show but would instead be waiting for the in park rope drop that already takes place every morning

dreamscometrue

Remember this is just speculation at this point and the only evidence is that ABD itinerary.

Breakfast guest are always allowed in the park before rope drop and generally gather around the hub after breakfast. They wait there until after the welcome show takes place and guests are walked down Main Street. Once the guests from the welcome show have reached the hub, ropes are dropped at the entrance to each land.

The ABD itinerary says they will first be having breakfast at Tony's. So they are already in the park. Therefore they wouldn't be seeing the welcome show but would instead be waiting for the in park rope drop that already takes place every morning
Wow, you're like the 3rd rational person in 3 pages...that's almost a record. ;)

Last edited:

jrhwdw

After hearing about the strong potential of the welcome show going away- and the way the announcement of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire is worded "It all culminates in a grand dance, as the Merry Makers invite all their special guests to join in the fun on this special day in Magic Kingdom Park!". Might we see the Friendship Faire being the new opening show, while DAWM just dies at the vine and there is no "mid-day" stage show?
It would certainly cut costs, which seems to be the mantra.
After looking at that Art??????? There is NO WAY Friendship Faire is just a welcome show! Of course Friendship Faire might be a fantastic way to start the day, but it would have to have more performance times.

It would be nice to hear from our insiders on this one.

Tigger1988

I feel like a lot of people just read the title and angrily posted.

The rumor, based on an ABD trip, is that the welcome show would be MOVED to the castle stage, not cancelled altogether. If they have the MS vehicles running early on too, i'd find that a much more pleasant way of doing rope-drop.
It's kinda scary how many people lack comprehension skills.

And as another poster mentioned this may be just for ABD guests. Separate from the existing show.

Yankee Mouse

I suppose in addition to Starbucks, the Emporium, confectionery, and other shops will be open while people are hanging around waiting as well.

$$$$$$

If the rumor is true, I will miss the show being out front.

WishStar

I can understand the capacity issue but I love starting the day with the welcome show in the "lobby area" of the MK and would really miss that part of the "story" if it changes. The train is quintessential Walt Disney and it makes me feel like a kid again when it arrives at the station. A day at the MK is like an amazing Broadway show. The opening number is the welcome show and the big finale is Wishes with incredible entertainment in the middle. The Disney magic lies in the attention to detail that goes above and beyond Guest expectation and imagination. That attention to detail has slipped some in recent years. We still go but we do notice the difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom