Speculation - MK Welcome Show to end

Cesar R M

Im glad its going, happy clappy nonsense hemmed in by the unwashed and the Nimitz class stroller armada. But to replace it with more of the same mince just a site change is a travesty if that is true. If I like it is important, if its not to my taste who give s a fez.
Its all Disney and thats all that matters to me.
nimitz size is sooo last decade.. new size is Gerald L. Ford, now with embedded chain-guns in the sides of your stroller.

That is sad, personally I boak at the cheesiness, but for the off spring, even the Uni-heads, they are quite attached to it. Kind of odd for a company that trades on nostalgia to be continually chipping away at its roots.
More like ironic.
I mean a company that wants to sell you tshirts and memoralia of attractions that were loved but were still removed and gutted..
And then you see this.. removing some of the GOOD nostalgia.

Bolt

Getting reported on Twitter from the very reliable @DCharacternews that the Welcome Show will move to the hub.
As much as I love this show at the Train Station, there's a lot of positives logistically from this being near the Castle with more space being provided, another Guest Relations being accessible and breakfast guests not getting confused where to go. But oddly, a weird perk of this is an available bathroom IN the park since you line up there to watch the show and if you have to go, you have to exit the park to go. (people with children can relate that it cant always wait)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
As much as I love this show at the Train Station, there's a lot of positives logistically from this being near the Castle with more space being provided, another Guest Relations being accessible and breakfast guests not getting confused where to go. But oddly, a weird perk of this is an available bathroom IN the park since you line up there to watch the show and if you have to go, you have to exit the park to go. (people with children can relate that it cant always wait)
Also you are a little closer to the attractions so once the show ends your practically in line for something. The train arriving was a great feature, I wonder if they will have some type of grand entrance still?

wdrive

I wonder how they'll be able to do this and still make it visible to guests past the first few rows. The hub isn't raised at all so I wonder how many guests will be able to see anything. Unless they're using the castle stage. Thinking about it I can't think of any other way they could do it.

DisneyGigi

After going a couple of weeks ago and really experiencing the security backup I think that is why they are moving it. It still stinks. At the point it is just a show, and you are already in the park, you lose the build up, of waiting to get in and walk down Main Street. So sad to see it go and even sadder I didn't make it to opening this trip. :(

IMFearless

A good compromise would be to have an additional opening show using the Trolley in Town Square with guests held on either side, out of view of the castle.

They could still have the main opening show happen out front, but allow guests through to the additional area which would reduce the crush.

If the opening show is too busy though, then it's a good indication the park should be open an hour earlier. Just open at 8am - problem solved.

IMFearless

There would be a lot of sense in just opening a different land an hour early each day in any case.

Open Main Street and one other land an hour before the rest of the park each day. The guests who showed up early would fill up that land, then the front of the park could simply let everyone else in as they arrived.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Also you are a little closer to the attractions so once the show ends your practically in line for something. The train arriving was a great feature, I wonder if they will have some type of grand entrance still?
They could always place a float in frontier land, load up characters there, then bring them to the castle stage along the parade route. Or, they could use that reinforced bridge by the bypass. (If a Float or two could fit)

Cesar R M

A good compromise would be to have an additional opening show using the Trolley in Town Square with guests held on either side, out of view of the castle.

They could still have the main opening show happen out front, but allow guests through to the additional area which would reduce the crush.

If the opening show is too busy though, then it's a good indication the park should be open an hour earlier. Just open at 8am - problem solved.
That actually would be a great idea, instead of using the train, they could use the 2 floor car, or the trolley to move the characters to the castle welcome show.

Clamman73

I would miss the whole train pulling into the station and all that, but I would also like to enter main street before opening so I could just chill with a cup of coffee on Center Street for a bit before the Lands open.

admiral-ari-x

This seems like a really good idea, I've seen this done with other theme parks and it keeps lines down and people happy. I am glad that I got a chance to go in before the welcome show the last time I went for breakfast-- Main Street was almost empty, it was magical.

IMFearless

The problem with opening Main Street early and having the opening show on the hub is that it doesn't really solve the problem:

People will still turn up even earlier for the "opening" of Main Street which will enevitably have to happen at a set point each day.

People will want to get onto Main Street first to get into a prime location for their first priority whether that is the castle stage opening show or any other attraction.

Essentially the opening of Main Street is still potentially going to cause problems because you either have to:
- hold guests arriving at the MK by delaying or not running transport - creating a bottleneck at the resorts
- hold guests at the tapstyles in which case you create a bottleneck on walkways
- hold guests inside the plaza in which case it is the same as now

They essentially have a whole number of other shows and entertainment for guests arriving in Magic Kingdom particularly on Main Street and the Hub.

To be honest the removal of the opening show from the opening of Main Street would be a sad thing. They should still do something to mark the opening of Main Street, even if it was a shorter Opening Ceremony. They could then hold people on Main Street for an actual Welcome Show when the lands open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom