Speculation - MK Welcome Show to end

asianway

Original Poster
Today Adventures by Disney announced a new Central Florida itinerary. Day 2 is various events at the Magic Kingdom.

Of interest is a "Rope Drop Ceremony" to be held in the Central Hub.

ROPE DROP CEREMONY
Your spot has been saved! Gather at the central hub at Cinderella Castle, and be among the first Guests to open Magic Kingdom park when this daily ritual takes place.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/...eral-tour/daily-itinerary/magic-kingdom-park/

I would expect any change in opening procedures to happen after the end of DAWM on April 2. I have no inside knowledge on this one, simply speculating based on the ABD website.

ToTBellHop

Today Adventures by Disney announced a new Central Florida itinerary. Day 2 is various events at the Magic Kingdom.

Of interest is a "Rope Drop Ceremony" to be held in the Central Hub.

ROPE DROP CEREMONY
Your spot has been saved! Gather at the central hub at Cinderella Castle, and be among the first Guests to open Magic Kingdom park when this daily ritual takes place.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/...eral-tour/daily-itinerary/magic-kingdom-park/

I would expect any change in opening procedures to happen after the end of DAWM on April 2. I have no inside knowledge on this one, simply speculating based on the ABD website.
Imagine all the $20 bills that could be saved by allowing guests into the park earlier to fill Main Street (so less ticket takers) and not having to start up the Railroad half an hour before the park opens!

Maybe the new show will only refer to "6 lands."

brb1006

If it's gone, then they might bring it back for the 50th Anniversary like Disneyland did for it's 60th anniversary.

Last edited:

asianway

Original Poster
Imagine all the $20 bills that could be saved by allowing guests into the park earlier to fill Main Street (so less ticket takers) and not having to start up the Railroad half an hour before the park opens!

That would be classic if the cost of re-recording the line ended it. The show, while novel the first few years, gets on my nerves more than anything now. Id rather not be crammed like sardines and be able to leisurely stroll up Main St for the drop.

wdwfan757

this is probably the first "cut" that actually stings a bit. The opening at DL is so anticlimactic. Standing around the hub at the entryway to a land, waiting for the to let you start walking.... bah humbug. I'm sure the yuppies will be pleased that they can get their main street starbucks 1st thing in the morning without sacrificing premium ride time.

Granted, I'm sure a lot of people don't love the stampede from welcome show through the two entry arches. It has to be one of the most "survival of the fittest" things at wdw. I can understand the change from that perspective, but there's absolutely nothing they could do on that stage that would rival the significance of hearing the train pulling up.

deeevo

Well like I said in my post about the cuts "if I begin to sense the magic is going away and my experience is not what is once was then I will walk away." This would make me walk away... of course I would have to wait until my passes expire in December but I would not renew. I don't catch this every time we go but it is one of the things that tear me up ever single time. My girls watch the Youtube video over and over. Ridiculous

mm121

whats the welcome show have to do with starting the railroad early?

never mind, answered my own post

Goofyernmost

As usual, I'd like to get all worked up about it, but, for me, personally, I have seen Rope Drop twice in all my years going there. They could have it in the parking lot for all I care. So, whatever will be, will be. No tears shed here.

mm121

Good spot.

I wonder if this is more of a capacity issue at the front of the park. With the addition of metal detectors and more security the area around the Welcome Show is a mess on many days.

We won't know if its a cut back until we see the finished version.

could they simply make the welcome show optional? still offer it while at the same time letting people thru the arches to get to main street?

that way some of the crowd could clear out since i doubt everyone cares about it especially if they've seen it before and would rather go get their starbucks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom