Speculation - MK Welcome Show to end

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know this thread is a few months old, however, I noticed that the show is no longer available on the website/app after 5/28. This makes me very sad.

That welcome show has GOT to go, TWDC could buy back 2-300 shares EVERY DAY with the money that's being wasted on entertaining guests with the useless welcome show we can't entertain guests we need them SPENDING MONEY.

SherlockWayne

I know this thread is a few months old, however, I noticed that the show is no longer available on the website/app after 5/28. This makes me very sad.
I think it may be a bit premature to assume it's going away. The 28th is the last Saturday of the month, which just about every Magic Kingdom entertainment aside from Fastpass stuff and parades is scheduled out to. This isn't unusual for Magic Kingdom. If you still see nothing scheduled by like May 25, then I'd be worried.

mm52200

I think it may be a bit premature to assume it's going away. The 28th is the last Saturday of the month, which just about every Magic Kingdom entertainment aside from Fastpass stuff and parades is scheduled out to. This isn't unusual for Magic Kingdom. If you still see nothing scheduled by like May 25, then I'd be worried.
Also if the Welcome Show were to end it I would imagine it would be to move it to the castle stage or because of the crowding safety issue in front of the station. It wouldn't really be saving any money because every person in that show is already working at MK that day for other things. The dancers do the Trolley Show, the Citizens of Main Street are already there, the characters on the train are the ones doing meet and greets that day in the park.

bethymouse

It is a bit of a "mess" with all of the people in front of the entrance to the park. It is a nice show though. I like the greetings. If they changed it, then it could be something that leads everyone to the front of the castle to spread out the crowds a bit. We always get run over!:( I hope they just refurbish/rethink the show... not get rid of it altogether.:arghh:

dvitali

5/28 the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, heavy crowds is expected. In the past years people recovery from the 24 hours events visit the other parks. No early morning extra hour was on that Saturday, but the park stay open later than usual. I would not care if a few items was not run that day.

Last edited:

wdrive

Also if the Welcome Show were to end it I would imagine it would be to move it to the castle stage or because of the crowding safety issue in front of the station. It wouldn't really be saving any money because every person in that show is already working at MK that day for other things. The dancers do the Trolley Show, the Citizens of Main Street are already there, the characters on the train are the ones doing meet and greets that day in the park.

Could cut their hours though

Thumper 32

Today Adventures by Disney announced a new Central Florida itinerary. Day 2 is various events at the Magic Kingdom.

Of interest is a "Rope Drop Ceremony" to be held in the Central Hub.

ROPE DROP CEREMONY
Your spot has been saved! Gather at the central hub at Cinderella Castle, and be among the first Guests to open Magic Kingdom park when this daily ritual takes place.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/...eral-tour/daily-itinerary/magic-kingdom-park/

I would expect any change in opening procedures to happen after the end of DAWM on April 2. I have no inside knowledge on this one, simply speculating based on the ABD website.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this yet, but the itinerary item in question for the MK day is no longer listed on the ABD website. Hoping that can finally put this rumor to bed.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
That is sad, personally I boak at the cheesiness, but for the off spring, even the Uni-heads, they are quite attached to it. Kind of odd for a company that trades on nostalgia to be continually chipping away at its roots.
Oh, I don't know; they've gotten rid of daily parades at 3 out of 4 parks, may as well keep up the good work. I'm sure the savings to the quarterly bottom line are simply magical to some....

Cesar R M

Good spot.

I wonder if this is more of a capacity issue at the front of the park. With the addition of metal detectors and more security the area around the Welcome Show is a mess on many days.

We won't know if its a cut back until we see the finished version.
wouldnt it be a better idea to push the entrance further away from the front of the park?

Cesar R M

This is correct. Once you go through the arches...the park is operational. The only thing you may have to wait for are the character M&Gs.
I wonder if they just dont move the welcome show to the INSIDE area of the train. I mean,rope main street, fill the main square.. do the show.. drop rope..
But then you wont have the front view of the beautiful train area/garden.

You should get a job there and work on the changes you want to see.
he would get fired immediately for "not leveling up to the higher management expectations of cost savings"

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I feel like a lot of people just read the title and angrily posted.

The rumor, based on an ABD trip, is that the welcome show would be MOVED to the castle stage, not cancelled altogether. If they have the MS vehicles running early on too, i'd find that a much more pleasant way of doing rope-drop.
and what are the chances of it being moved than cut, considering the fears of more cuts thanks to Disney company not filling the expectations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom