SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

DancingPhoenix

Was there a rumor that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit will replace Three Little Pigs in the finale segment?

Oh man I hope so, Oswald needs to be put in the parks more, I love that little rabbit!

Also I think it's interesting so many people want Spectro back. I didn't know it was changed to the Electrical parade last time I visited and we were going to skip the parade as usual, but then that music started and being the sap I am I started to tear up and jump and scream. That was my favorite parade as a child, and I was SO happy to see it back, and with classic characters too!
And yes, I love the song as well :)

montyz81

If they are going to keep the MSEP and Spectro that would be a great opportunity to run different parades on a rotation. MSEP during some months and Spectro on others.... mix it up as much as possible.....

I very much agree with this. There are many fans out there that enjoy both. The only thing that must happen, is there needs to be at least one opportunity to see each of the shows within a one week period.

RunnerEd

I very much agree with this. There are many fans out there that enjoy both. The only thing that must happen, is there needs to be at least one opportunity to see each of the shows within a one week period.

I think it would be quite cool to use one or the other at DHS for an evening parade. I don't know about the logistics (whether or not it will fit on the streets and whatever else may be involved); I just know that I like both parades. Having one sitting backstage gathering dust is pretty sad really.

As someone who frequents the parks in California, one idea I like is for this upcoming winter season, they run SpectroMagic in DCA! That way there are plaenty of nighttime hours to show the parade and world of color. Doubt they will do it, but if Disney really wants people to have reasons to go to DCA and think of it as a full day park, it is an option they have.

spectrodanny

As someone who frequents the parks in California, one idea I like is for this upcoming winter season, they run SpectroMagic in DCA! That way there are plaenty of nighttime hours to show the parade and world of color. Doubt they will do it, but if Disney really wants people to have reasons to go to DCA and think of it as a full day park, it is an option they have.

Nice idea, but i don't THINK DCA's Performance Corridor is wide enough for the Spectro floats

menamechris

Apparently, Universal's recent announcement of a new parade has changed some plans at Disney. From what I have heard, we can look forward to Spectro returning far sooner than anyone imagined. Any guesses on the return date? haha :drevil:

etwtec

Apparently, Universal's recent announcement of a new parade has changed some plans at Disney. From what I have heard, we can look forward to Spectro returning far sooner than anyone imagined. Any guesses on the return date? haha :drevil:

Why would Universal's new parade spark a sudden return of Spectro? A new daytime parade maybe.

rodserling27

The age-old debate rages on...MSEP vs SpectroMagic. I never get sick of it. :)
It's interesting to see how polarized folks are on this, including myself. Who would ever think that two electric-light parades, that are vaguely similar to the average guest, would cause such spark and debate among the Disney World-philes? Great stuff.

That having been said, I don't see WDW bringing back SpectroMagic any time soon.This is pure speculation, but I say they'll probably keep the Electrical Parade for a bit longer. I don't think WDW should be the kind of place to swap out popular parades and attractions every two to three years. Let some folks come and see the original night-time classic for a bit longer...and if/when SpectroMagic DOES come back, PLEASE give it a serious upgrade. It needs it.

menamechris

Why would Universal's new parade spark a sudden return of Spectro? A new daytime parade maybe.

To put it simply...because it already exists. And it takes significantly less money to plus a parade back in the schedule that is currently collecting dust than to produce a whole new parade. The daytime parade also would not create a significant buzz. People love Spectro. The return of it will allow Disney marketing to do something to draw in more guests while seeming unrelated to Universal's daytime parade. And don't forget Disney is also thinking about the upcoming lagoon nighttime show at Citywalk. They are probably hoping Spectro will bring a certain number of guests back to the Magic Kingdom beforethe sun goes down...

bhodge

main street spectromagical parade

why cant the two just be combined to make a longer, grander parade - use spetro units that don't overlap theme wise with MSEP units. You might have to hire additional drivers and cast, but cut back on walking performers or filler dancers since with additional floats you would have more impact. Why are these two parades kept so separate - its not like they are totally different in concept. I know you might have to recut some music cues, but it seems like it could easily be done.

Pioneer Hall

Take it with a grain of salt, but I heard a potential summer return for the parade today. If it is indeed the case, we should hear about it from the mouse soon enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom