SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

menamechris

From what I have heard, there is no concrete plan as to when MSEP will end its run this time. The assumption was that it would be when DCA was complete, but now it appears Disneyland won't even want it back. Sooo... probably no use in speculating on something that hasn't even hit the board room yet....

stitch2008

I remember going to a conference down in Orlando not too long ago. I met this guy me and my co-workers know. He does a lot of stuff for the travel and hospitality industry. I remember asking him about that rumored parade for MK 2012 and the talk about either a Wishes upgrade or replacement. He looked at me and went no and no.......for 2012. Said he was almost certain they were getting at least a big new daytime parade for sometime in 2013. He said he heard the plan was to have this new parade run once Fantasyland is finished. I dont know one way or another, but it does make good business sense.

COProgressFan

I remember going to a conference down in Orlando not too long ago. I met this guy me and my co-workers know. He does a lot of stuff for the travel and hospitality industry. I remember asking him about that rumored parade for MK 2012 and the talk about either a Wishes upgrade or replacement. He looked at me and went no and no.......for 2012. Said he was almost certain they were getting at least a big new daytime parade for sometime in 2013. He said he heard the plan was to have this new parade run once Fantasyland is finished. I dont know one way or another, but it does make good business sense.

Just out of curiosity, if you are a global resort/entertainment destination why does it "make good business sense" to run the same parade for 12 years with only minor modifications (such as changing music and costumes) until you finally replace it? Some of the floats date back to the 80s. The current parade is so bad it is practically embarrassing. WDW previously used to replace parades every few years.

So why is it a good business decision to offer the same dated watered down product until 2013 when the parade should have been replaced at least 7 or 8 years ago?

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
Call me crazy, But I love seeing show more then once! I agree It did need a break, but I think It has developed into a WDW classic.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
They only get a new parade when they figure out how to reuse that castle float that has been rolling down Main Street since 1996.

1986. Shockingly.

Yes. And they've had versions in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland too.

In Disneyland it was used for the Christmas parades. Here's one, where you can also see the rare Jaq and Gus at the beginning of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpHk_Pf1YWI

In Tokyo, they used it for the parades from the first few years there. Once upon a time they didn't have the budget for building a huge new parade every few years. One year, they had extremely creepy rubberhead versions of Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine run around on it with the already creepy Fairy Godmother rubberhead accompanying them. It's at the end of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9naVxxtjQ4&feature=related

spectrodanny

I for one am happy that MSEP is rolling down main street once again. The first time I saw this parade (assuming it was another set of floats then) was in 1981. It is very original Disney in my opinion. Spectro just feels so much more commercialized. What I mean by this is that Spectro is all about the characters, where as MSEP is all about the parade.

you are correct the floats you saw in '81 were the original WDW floats (now prsumed to be in storage in Hong Kong) the set that rolled down WDW's Main Strreet from '99-01 and today are the ones from Anaheim

BigThunderMatt

On loan or not, I don't care if it's brand new I just wanna see Dreamlights at Magic Kingdom. I absolutely love that parade, it was like MSEP on steroids.

MSEP Fanatic

On loan or not, I don't care if it's brand new I just wanna see Dreamlights at Magic Kingdom. I absolutely love that parade, it was like MSEP on steroids.

Agreed or with MSEP, take the retired floats from dreamlights like BATB and Toy Story and Add them to the current parade. The music is the same so just cut the tracks and add them to the current one in WDW

spectrodanny

i agree! I really like the American version of the Dreamlights soundtrack (i'm nbot a classical music fan) so i was happy we got Synth music for our Cinderella section.

KingdomofDreams

Can't stand MSEP. The music is mind-numbing it is so boring and repetitive. :snore: We saw it in 2010 and none of us (from the oldest to the youngest) liked it. The kids were bored and one of them actually fell asleep - something that has NEVER happened at WDW.

Spectro floats may have needed updating/upgrades but the music is very stirring and creates that sense of drama and emotion Disney is all about.

Just my .02 of course.

MSEP Fanatic

Aside from the whole Spectro / MSEP debate, We can all agree that both parades could use some new floats/effects or just create a new nighttime parade.

With that being said, What could be new floats that people would like to see for these floats or a new parade??

Ik I said before I would like to see the retired dreamlights floats to be added to MSEP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The MSEP used at WDW now was updated 3 years ago...

I understand a lot of the Dreamlights floats wouldn't fit the MK parade route.

TaoBoxer

In July, I took the "Keys" tour. I got to see the Spectro floats & was surprised to see them still backstage ! I asked the TG about this & he told me that Specrto was, as we know it, was done. Rumors are what they are, but he seemed certain.

TarzanRocked99-

In July, I took the "Keys" tour. I got to see the Spectro floats & was surprised to see them still backstage ! I asked the TG about this & he told me that Specrto was, as we know it, was done. Rumors are what they are, but he seemed certain.

You would be shocked at how uninformed most Key's Guides are on current and future happenings around the resort

midwest_mice

They only get a new parade when they figure out how to reuse that castle float that has been rolling down Main Street since 1996.

That float is getting a little old. I remember seeing this float in the Pirate and Princess party back in '08 and they added maroon covers over the turrets. I laughed when I saw that float being used in that parade. It is just long and lanky, nothing spectacular about it.
The Move It, Shake it parade does get a little old too. It is good they do have those "mini" parades a couple times a day, but the presents floats don't do much for me.
I am all for a new daytime parade. This current parade is using basically modified floats from the "snow globe" parade. I still can't figure out why they ever thought snow globes over the costumed charecters was a good idea, especially in Florida heat. I remember on a Keys to the Kingdom tour the CM talked about how hot it used to get inside of the globes in the summer, it was basically a magnify glass sun effect on the actors in the costumes.

Communicore

I want my Spectro back. As a CM I have seen this tons of times and it's the best. I like the real MSEP, but not the current "MSEP" which is Disney's California Adventure Electrical Parare and even the drum head and lack of WDW logo's scream "rental" or "temp" and of course acc. to them it cannot be altered.

So whatever. Boot it outta of there as it is not the real deal. Now if they bring Spectro back, they will probably remove the classic WDW logo from it and change it to "Magic Kingdom Park" heh heh....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom