SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

etwtec

There was this rumor that was mentioned on Screamscape..So take it as a grain of salt..

There could be some truth to the daytime parade rumor. I remember Steve Davison mentioned last year during the Soundsational event at DL that he is working on something new for WDW in a few years...

But I wonder if they would bring back a refurbed Spectro the same year as a new daytime parade? Makes me think we could be waiting a lot longer for Spectro :-(

ToTBellHop

There could be some truth to the daytime parade rumor. I remember Steve Davison mentioned last year during the Soundsational event at DL that he is working on something new for WDW in a few years...

But I wonder if they would bring back a refurbed Spectro the same year as a new daytime parade? Makes me think we could be waiting a lot longer for Spectro :-(
Eh, it's possible--they may want new entertainment to premier along w/ the Fantasyland expansion.

SobchakSecurity

Why can't the Magic Kingdom have a new daytime parade?:brick:

They only get a new parade when they figure out how to reuse that castle float that has been rolling down Main Street since 1996.

This may be a dumb question, but where is SpectroMagic stored right now? The original Main Street Electrical Parade has been shuttled back and forth almost continuously from California to Florida in the past decade, and the Magic Kingdom's original MSEP ended up in Paris (then probably scrapped, I guess?). SpectroMagic has never been taken to another Disney park, so it must just be gathering dust somewhere on property. I just didn't think Disney had that much space for floats (remember they have to store the Christmas floats and whatever is left of the Easter parade floats) that it could just store a dormant parade indefinitely.

ToTBellHop

They only get a new parade when they figure out how to reuse that castle float that has been rolling down Main Street since 1996.

This may be a dumb question, but where is SpectroMagic stored right now? The original Main Street Electrical Parade has been shuttled back and forth almost continuously from California to Florida in the past decade, and the Magic Kingdom's original MSEP ended up in Paris (then probably scrapped, I guess?). SpectroMagic has never been taken to another Disney park, so it must just be gathering dust somewhere on property. I just didn't think Disney had that much space for floats (remember they have to store the Christmas floats and whatever is left of the Easter parade floats) that it could just store a dormant parade indefinitely.

It's stored in the parade building behind Splash Mountain/Pirates. Saw it just a week ago. It's a tight fit but they managed to get both MSEP and Spectro in back there (and the two daytime parades). More space back there than you might think. No work seems to have been done on it. Only thing I noticed is the Jiminy Cricket animatronic had a protective bag covering him...and one of the SpectroMen spinning floats had been taken apart presumably to use the hardware for MSEP.

karolena3

I'm not opposed to a new night parade.

I almost never watch the one during the day, so if they did a new one it wouldn't impact me in anyway.

But I don't want Spectro to ever go away completely. I think it is my favorite evening 'event' and I hope it's there when I go next January. (Or at least MSEP isn't there, because I don't like the music).

montyz81

I for one am happy that MSEP is rolling down main street once again. The first time I saw this parade (assuming it was another set of floats then) was in 1981. It is very original Disney in my opinion. Spectro just feels so much more commercialized. What I mean by this is that Spectro is all about the characters, where as MSEP is all about the parade.

InLikeFlynn

I was watching videos from a few years ago and hearing the music from Spectro made me want to cry. It was SO pretty...MSEP was catchy the first few times but we don't even bother watching it anymore.

Scooter

MSEP was here for 15 years.
Spectro was here for 10.
MSEP is back.
Don't get your hopes up for Spectromagic to return anytime soon.

Captain Chaos

Wow, that thing has been around since the 15th anniversary? I guess there's something to be said about being cheap.

Fix that for ya... HAHAHAHA LoL...

Anyway, MSEP in October and loved it... I don't have a preference either way... I think the music to SpectroMagic is awesome... And yet, I can listen to MSEP music over and over too... I'll enjoy either night parade... of course, I'd love to see something new but we know THAT won't happen...

TarzanRocked99-

MSEP was here for 15 years.
Spectro was here for 10.
MSEP is back.
Don't get your hopes up for Spectromagic to return anytime soon.

Actually MSEP was here 13 years (1977 - 1990) and then shipped to Paris
Spectro was here 8 years (1991 - 1999) and then put in storage
Disneyland's MSEP was here 2 years (summer 1999 - March 31, 2001) and then shpped back to Disneyland
Spectro then returned for 9 more years (2001 - 2010) and then put back in storage
And now we have MSEP back on loan from Disneyland until they decide they want it back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom