SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

Sarabi124

Please please PLEASE bring back spectro! It's not that I don't like MSEP, but let's just face it. After the first five minutes you're already sick and tired of that song

Magenta Panther

I am very happy that Spectromagic is returning. I LOVE the theme song - have it on a CD - and I play it in my car every now and then when I need a Disney fix. :)

etwtec

Spectro is not returning, at least anytime soon. Based on the latest rumor it sounds like DL or DCA does not want EP back... So who knows what is going to happen now :shrug:

If DL or DCA truely does not want EP back I wonder if EP, or Spectro, will be shipped to HKDL or Paris? Why would WDW need two light parades?

Sadly I fear the worst for Spectro... :( What are the odds that WDW would choose to keep Spectro over MSEP when MSEP is already updated?

Magenta Panther

Spectro is not returning, at least anytime soon. Based on the latest rumor it sounds like DL or DCA does not want EP back... So who knows what is going to happen now :shrug:

If DL or DCA truely does not want EP back I wonder if EP, or Spectro, will be shipped to HKDL or Paris? Why would WDW need two light parades?

Sadly I fear the worst for Spectro... :( What are the odds that WDW would choose to keep Spectro over MSEP when MSEP is already updated?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Darn! Spectro is wonderful. Well...maybe a new parade is being planned. I've read that the new parade at Disneyland, Soundsational, is pretty great. Maybe we'll get a version of that? (Although I'd prefer an original parade for WDW...)

dlpwishes

Doesn't Hong Kong have WDWs MSEP? I think it's stored away somewhere but they've never used it. And Paris is running Fantillusion all next year so I doubt they'll want EP back.

I really hope something new comes along. Both MSEP and Spectro have had their time.

KingdomofDreams

I don't think arguing over which parade has better floats or better music is going to do any good. There will never be a definitive answer to which is best because people have different tastes. Someone who loves MSEP and saw it in its prime is always going to enjoy it more than spectro, just as anyone who saw Spectro as their first night parade will defend it from any criticism.

I don't think it really has that much to do with which was experienced first. It's simply personal preference. For us, MSE evoked none of the Disney magic. We found the music redundant and completely uninspiring. For the first time ever the kids were actually bored during the nighttime parade, and I admit I felt the same. If it's still running on our next trip, we'll be taking advantage of low wait times for the rides instead of fighting the crowds on Main Street.

ToTBellHop

Agreed--I saw MSEP first as a kid, then Spectro. I greatly prefer Spectro. My wife greatly prefers MSEP. Just different tastes. For now, she wins...

DaGoof00

I miss spectra dearly. I too believe it is because it's the one I grew up with. Although MSEP was good - it's not something I would wait around to see over and over again. The second time I saw it last trip, I pushed my way to the Haunted Mansion - I got bored with it...

spectrodanny

what most people don't know is that John Debney wrote Spectromagic in about a week after the original sound track was not well received by management..

not bad for a weeks work ;) I don't believe Debney wrote the original piece..

so where does Steve Skorija fit in to the picture then. iirc they have both him & John Debney credited for Spectro's music

jjharvpro

I think I've posted on nearly every Spectro vs. MSEP thread on here multiple times, but I don't get tired of saying -- BRING BACK SPECTRO!!!

sittinpretty

Can the name of this post be renamed to something like "SpectroMagic being prepped for return (false report from Sept 30th)" or "SpectroMagic being prepped for return, NOT!" ?

Each time I read "SpectroMagic being prepped for return" in the 'Latest Forum Posts' on the main page my heart races and my expectations rise, only to be disappointed when I realize is is not true and is an old, false rumor from almost 6 weeks ago. It's like being handed a Christmas present and having it snatched away each time! :xmas: It's cruel.

P.S. I know by posting this I've put it back in the 'Latest Forum Posts' and will get some excited again - I apologize for disappointing fellow SpectroMagic fans. Sorry.

aladdin2007

Can the name of this post be renamed to something like "SpectroMagic being prepped for return (false report from Sept 30th)" or "SpectroMagic being prepped for return, NOT!" ?

Each time I read "SpectroMagic being prepped for return" in the 'Latest Forum Posts' on the main page my heart races and my expectations rise, only to be disappointed when I realize is is not true and is an old, false rumor from almost 6 weeks ago. It's like being handed a Christmas present and having it snatched away each time! :xmas: It's cruel.

P.S. I know by posting this I've put it back in the 'Latest Forum Posts' and will get some excited again - I apologize for disappointing fellow SpectroMagic fans. Sorry.

I agree very misleading title at this point, every time I see it I kinda jump and then remind myself oh wait, not happening.

MMfangirl

Hi, I'm not that new around here, but I havn't posted much.

I was just wondering when Spectro might be returning?? Because I miss it!!:cry:
Don't get me wrong, I do love the Electric Light Parade, but Spectro reminds me of when I was younger!! :)

What does anyone else think??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
No word on a return of Spectro yet. I would personally like to see a whole new night parade come to WDW. MK deserves it!

puntagordabob

If they are going to keep the MSEP and Spectro that would be a great opportunity to run different parades on a rotation. MSEP during some months and Spectro on others.... mix it up as much as possible.....

Cmdr_Crimson

There was this rumor that was mentioned on Screamscape..So take it as a grain of salt..
From Screamscape According to a new rumor going around, Disney is making plans to launch a new deluxe daytime parade sometime in 2013… likely around the same time they are ready to open the majority of the Fantasyland expansion site. No word on the theme or the show, though I’ve heard that that proposed floats will be quite complex. As for the night parade, I’ve also heard that there may be plans afoot to refurbish and upgrade Spectromagic for an eventual return when they finally retire the Main Street Electrical Parade once again. (I’ve got to wonder if they’ll send MSEP to Shanghai at that point…)

I feel really stupid about this topic, because the last trip we went on that Spectro was still running, I was watching Spectromagic for what felt like the 100 millionth time, and I thought to myself, I wish we could get a new parade already! I'm so tired of this one! :hammer:

Next year, out comes MSEP. And I hate it. :mad: And I miss Spectro. :cry:

I for one would like to see a return of Spectro, but I think they should try and change up the floats. Am I the only one who would LOVE to see Rapunzel's hair completely lit up coming from her tower? How cool would that be! I love the Spectro score and a lot of the floats, its just most of them need to be spruced up and maybe a few replaced with something new.

Here's hoping Disney will make an announcement that it will be returning in June, because that's when my next trip is! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom