SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

asianway

Over the past few weeks parade maintenance as taken anything the could reuse off the spectro floats (speakers, batteries, decorations, ect.). With all that done, they well begin chopping up the floats; that will start most likely this week.

That's a shame, the Spectro floats have been the highlight of the wine & dine half. Be curious what they do this year

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Back in 2010- 2011 I heard a couple of times that all the units were being replaced with similar ones. I don't know if it's true or not but if it is I doubt it will happen anytime soon. I really want to take a trip to the dump now and see what I can find lol.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

They have virtually all gone.
I would love to have taken some of those little attachments like the flowers, instruments and what ever else they're is. I could have wired them and made a mini Spectromagic in my back yard LOL. Maybe some of that stuff will be added to the electrical Parade units if these units don't collapse in the middle of the parade route

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Although Spectromagic is gone it doesn't mean something new will steal out hearts. It's wone hearts over people who have cherished the origional Electrical Parade for years, we dont know what will steal our hearts in the future. Maybe not for a long time but something will come allong, if it's not a new Spectromagic it will be something else.

disney4life2008

Although Spectromagic is gone it doesn't mean something new will steal out hearts. It's wone hearts over people who have cherished the origional Electrical Parade for years, we dont know what will steal our hearts in the future. Maybe not for a long time but something will come allong, if it's not a new Spectromagic it will be something else.

I like your optimism. We are getting a new daytime parade which is much needed. I doubt MSEP will be retired anytime soon. I just wish for one night of spectromagic - it is irreplaceable. Though, I am excited for MSEP to go away- I would rather have no parade than that garbage.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I like your optimism. We are getting a new daytime parade which is much needed. I doubt MSEP will be retired anytime soon. I just wish for one night of spectromagic - it is irreplaceable. Though, I am excited for MSEP to go away- I would rather have no parade than that garbage.
We saw MSEP earlier this month for the first time ever.
I would probably have enjoyed it more, were I not mourning the loss of SpectroMagic.
There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

luv

It would have to be pretty darn great to top Spectro.

MSEP is a good parade, but it's not Spectro.

Spectro and the Lights of Winter. Boy, do I miss them. Their absence is keenly felt.

Since1976

Whatever replaces Spectro, I hope the music is similarly written by a current film score composer. Spectro was by John Debney (not a huge name, sure, but he has a few good scores under his belt). Illuminations was by Gavin Greenaway, likely with some input by collaborator Hans Zimmer. Another great is the music from Soarin', by the late Jerry Goldsmith.

I would LOVE for Michael Giacchino, Zimmer, Patrick Doyle, or James Newton Howard to contribute to a parade or fireworks show.

Ralphlaw

I used to wake up my kids on Saturday morning by cranking my CD of Spectromagic. Since the parade was taken away, I haven't been able to bear it. So sad that it's gone.

Indeed, the music is the thing to me as well. Great composers can make their scores fit the occasion. The Disney parks have been great with that. Hopefully the next parade will be able to combine visual wonderment with great music. I just wish Spectromagic hadn't died such an ignoble death.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm one of the few people NOT sad to see Spectro gone.
The creepy-face things at the beginning of the parade were bad enough. PLUS working PAC (parade audience control) about 100x in 2003-2004 when I was a castmember were enough to drive me crazy with seeing the parade 1-2x a night.
MESP is dear to me because it was my 1st parade that I remember as a kid.

Ralphlaw

No doubt, working crowd control can ruin it after 100 or so times. But for most of us guests, it was wonderful. At least it was for us, and the electric parade just doesn't hold a candle to it. And the current daytime parade is, at best, mediocre in my opinion. Yeah, Spectromagic has been our favorite. We also love the current Disneyland daytime parade, and loved the Star Wars weekend parade at studios. Animal Kingdom's parade is pretty good too. The rest, not so crazy about.

aladdin2007

No doubt, working crowd control can ruin it after 100 or so times. But for most of us guests, it was wonderful. At least it was for us, and the electric parade just doesn't hold a candle to it. And the current daytime parade is, at best, mediocre in my opinion. Yeah, Spectromagic has been our favorite. We also love the current Disneyland daytime parade, and loved the Star Wars weekend parade at studios. Animal Kingdom's parade is pretty good too. The rest, not so crazy about.

And mediocre is being kind. The current daytime parade is the most disjointed botched up parade they have ever done. Its down to about 4/5 floats with no cohesive theme or order, the first one is the celebrate party float which doesnt fit in with the other floats at all, and one group of dancers inbetween just one of the units. Its time has come to be gone already. Cant wait for March.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Can we at least get something that'll compete with Uni's parade? Yeah, it's short if you don't watch the show stops, buy they've got AWESOME stuff going on that we haven't seen since Block Party Bash.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom