SpectroMagic being prepped for return..

jklakeview

I am not a fan of spectro at all. I love seeing the older characters represented in MSEP. I'm so glad that I'm not seeing clowns anymore. The music was definitely better with Spectro but to me thats where it ends. Spectro had so many things that to me just had absolutely NOTHING to do with disney really. Just my opinion of course.

jklakeview

In fact I went when I was younger and saw MSEP and when I saw Spectro many years later with my wife on her first trip I was like "wow this just doesn't seem like what I remembered." Turned out it wasn't! HAHA

doctornick

I am not a fan of spectro at all. I love seeing the older characters represented in MSEP. I'm so glad that I'm not seeing clowns anymore. The music was definitely better with Spectro but to me thats where it ends. Spectro had so many things that to me just had absolutely NOTHING to do with disney really. Just my opinion of course.

Personally, I greatly prefer MSEP to Spectro -- include the music and the theme/look of the floats -- but to each their own. I am certain that a big part of it is nostalgia from when I was younger watching MSEP, but to me it the archetype for a Disney parade.

Looking forward to FOF though, as the current daytime parade is not that interesting to me.

Uncle Remus

Personally, I greatly prefer MSEP to Spectro -- include the music and the theme/look of the floats -- but to each their own. I am certain that a big part of it is nostalgia from when I was younger watching MSEP, but to me it the archetype for a Disney parade.

Looking forward to FOF though, as the current daytime parade is not that interesting to me.

Agreed

Uncle Remus

We saw MSEP earlier this month for the first time ever.
I would probably have enjoyed it more, were I not mourning the loss of SpectroMagic.
There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

I agree as far as no comparison. But we differ as to why. Spectro doesn't hold a candle to MSEP in my opinion

doctornick

I actually just watched online videos of both Spectro and MSEP to compare and, yep, I still think MSEP is the better of the two. I certainly understand people having a preference for Spectro, but I suspect there is a large number of Disney visitors who prefer MSEP -- I have no idea which one would be the majority preference and I'm sure many people enjoy both a similar amount.

I will say that in my experience among my circle of friends (mostly people in their 30's with young kids), the default desciption of "night time parade at WDW" is always "Electric Light Parade".

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Okay, somebody (who knows how to do these things) should start a poll.
Which do you prefer - MSEP or Spectro?

Last edited:

hoppesj2

Unfortunately you are correct most of it has been scrapped, I have been told that from many sources. A new night time parade that has some new effects but gives a nod to each of the past shows would be nice. Maybe we will see something like that in 2099 after Avatar opens....well maybe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom