Spaceship Earth Update

Jerm

This adventure through time leads ultimately to the very top of Spaceship Earth's geodesic dome, where guests arrive at the present. The time travel adventure will be enhanced through new, interactive touch screens installed aboard each "time machine" that will enable guests to create their own visions of the future and see themselves in that future.

I told you all months AGO!!!!! :ROFLOL:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=142820

coasterphil

Thank God somebody (Siemens) finally stepped up to give this ride the attention it deserves. It will always hold a special place in my heart as it was the first thing I ever did at WDW, but I really do think it could be one of the best attractions on the resort if given a great update. It could be the absolutely perfect example of what Walt wanted in Epcot.

speck76

the hoff.... end of :)

files

teebin

I'm going to see if I can get any info from WDW itself. If SSE wil be closed when I'm supposed to be there I'm going to cancel my trip this year and we'll go next year instead. I can't see paying $5000 to go when two major attractions would be closed.

SSE is hardly a major attraction at Epcot as of late. Maybe it will be after the new additions. Otherwise... it is currently a clinky clanky ride with a bunch of mechanical and unreal looking human statues with hyper stupid repetitive and limited movement. The earth scene at the top is still kinda cool but that is it. They still have a 'projected' 'flat screen tv' for heavens sake! With MS, TT, Soarin, TTWC, TSWN&F plus the cool adventures of the world showcase... I think canceling due to the golfball shutting its doors for a few days is hardly reasonable.

SirNim

The bright side of going when there's an attraction closed?

Perhaps being able to sneak a peak of the construction worthy of a news and photo post on this very forum!

:D

(That's about it... :lookaroun )

Figments Friend

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, ...but.......

Maybe with this new , seemingly extensive refurb...they will FINALLY remove the .....

Er.....you know........( how do i say this without starting a riot..hmmm)

That "thing" attached to the side.........

Um...the "stick"

Mmm.....the "star thingy"...

Oh shoot, i'll just blurt it out then!!

MAYBE with the new changes to SSE,

THE WAND

will FINALLY come DOWN!!

There i said it!!

:ROFLOL:

GenerationX

This is exactly what I've thought SSE needed: updated effects and a new ending.

To those folks who are disappointed that SSE will be down for its refurb while you're there: at least the Wand will still be available for your entertainment! :D

DKampy

Disney can't win....everyone complains that SSE needs a rehab in the worse way..Once the rehab is happening everyone complains that it will have to close down...I welcome the change...with everything that has been happening to Epcot of late...it will not only become my fav park...but the best park by far.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Disney can't win....everyone complains that SSE needs a rehab in the worse way..Once the rehab is happening everyone complains that it will have to close down...I welcome the change...with everything that has been happening to Epcot of late...it will not only become my fav park...but the best park by far.

Well, though sometimes it seems like it, the majority isn't complaining. This actually has fewer complaints then the new Gran Fiesta - and that has a long line now.

Scar Junior

I swear... I go 48 hours without coming to the site and the "world" changes! I have no idea how long it's taken me to read this thread, but I think it's been a great one. It started with an odd debate and has evolved into a healthy discussion with some great pov's....

Some quotes may be 'out of context,' but the intent was to save time and space...

I'm thrilled that one of my favourite rides is getting (what sounds like) a great update. And as for people's disappointment that it will be closed for October 1st, there's one thing that die-hard Epcot fans (myself included) must face up to - Disney has claimed that there is no great celebration planned, and there's a good chance they were serious. As much as I'd love to see them acknowledge this landmark, it wouldn't surprise me if they treated it as just another day.

Personally, I think I'm willing to overlook this 25th business in favour of the view that the great icon of Epcot will have some of its glory restored.

:sohappy: My favorite ride at my favoritve park is getting a face-lift... as the park icon this is (in my eyes) the perfect birthday gift!

Why the outcry about two major attractions being down?

My guess: selfishness, idealism and/or naivety

How could you cancel a trip to Disney just because 2 attractions are down? Everyone whines that nothing is updated at WDW, and now that they are looking to add some real love to the parks, people are complaining that the attractions are down. People, decide what you want. One attraction in each park! OH NO!! The world is ending! Get over it.

:sohappy: I've been to the world about 20 times. I lived there 4.5 months (CP)... there are always tarps and cranes. I too am confused about the logic that lies in some minds.

Just for the record (and I don't know why I'm even bothering), I'm all about this rehab, no matter when, no matter how. SSE has been in need of an overhaul, and this one seems aimed at truly making the icon of the park the theme center of the park as well. Very appropriate given the heritage that (I feel) EPCOT shares with the 1939/40 World's Fair, where visitors ascended into the perisphere to see a show that basically set the entire theme of what they'd be seeing throughout their visit. Horizons was the closest we had to that before.

:sohappy:

I'm both horrified and ecstatic at the prospect of a new SSE. SSE is our favorite Epcot thing to do. It is always our first and last ride of any Epcot visit.

Same here... actually, it's the first and last ride of our trips since 1995.

PS. Though I don't really like cats... your user name is hilarious and one of the best I've seen in my 5 years on the boards.

Ignoring the bickering, for this is probably some of the most exciting news in a good while. Toy Story Mania and MILF are so miniscule in comparison to this IMO, I don't even care about them. Hell, let them leave the wand forever, as long as they don't mess this up. Oh. My. God. I love you, WDI & SSE.

:sohappy: Agreed!!! Though I love looking up MILF pics on the internet, this attraction bores me. Same with Toy Story Mania. Sure, I'll visit them every few years, but I have been bored with WDW news for a while... until this news!

Whatever happened to maintenance and keeping things fresh and exciting for guests? :rolleyes:

There are plenty of other attractions at Walt Disney World and the greater orlando area including new epcot rides (Nemo, Three Cabelleros) and Monsters Inc.

SSE and HM are currently in horrible condition anyway they need to be closed and revamped.

:sohappy: Another great post by a (relatively) new member. Keep up the good work!

What a perfect birthday gift for Epcots 25th, they may not be celebrating the 25th as such but I cant think of a better way to mark the milestone. Now if only a new country would be announced for World Showcase it would be perfect but sigh. Anyway whats to come sounds fantastic. Thanks Disney and Siemens!:wave:

:sohappy:

Releases state Summer to late November, for the ride. Early 2008 is for other work to be completed.

This caught my eye too.... "other work." What does that mean? Ride done in November... "other work" in 2008? They wouldn't dare be talking about the wand would they?

Just an FYI, Disney didn`t want to spend the money. Siemens came forward with extra funding for the ride rehab, ontop of what they already offered for the post show. The SSE rehab plans have been sat around for a few years now with the company not willing to pay for them. Siemens - my new best friend :D (sorry Joel)

Funny, I heard this a few months ago and wrote it off as a simple rumor. Granted, I didn't know the extent of this... but people I know who know Meg made comments about SSE and Siemens that go along with this statement.

-Scar

Fun2BFree

The touch-screens sound great. Assuming this involves multiple endings, it'll make it much more rerideable.
BTW, for anyone who rode Horizons, what happened when there was a tie in which ending was chosen? :shrug:

jasondiff

The touch-screens sound great. Assuming this involves multiple endings, it'll make it much more rerideable.
BTW, for anyone who rode Horizons, what happened when there was a tie in which ending was chosen? :shrug:

I think the system just picked one of the two endings that were tied. My family of 4 actually tried to do this all the time, for whatever reason we thought it was fun, but hey that was a long time ago!

goofntink

I just have to sit back and laugh at this thread. Everyone complains that tides to be redone and money spent in the parks,and now that something is being done people are mad. :shrug: Come on guys!

This closing and rehab was not a spure of the moment decision.We have known about this rehab for quite a while,as we will be involved in parts of it,and trust me you will be amazed at what you will experience when it is done.The Project Tommorrow post show area,Nemo and Grand Fiesta were done 1st because of the planned rehab to SSE to account for the crowds.

ToTBellHop

I just have to sit back and laugh at this thread. Everyone complains that tides to be redone and money spent in the parks,and now that something is being done people are mad. :shrug: Come on guys!

This closing and rehab was not a spure of the moment decision.We have known about this rehab for quite a while,as we will be involved in parts of it,and trust me you will be amazed at what you will experience when it is done.The Project Tommorrow post show area,Nemo and Grand Fiesta were done 1st because of the planned rehab to SSE to account for the crowds.
maybe after almost 52 years in the theme park business, Disney knows what it's doing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom