Spaceship Earth Update

tirian

Those could theorhetically still be installed on the current fountain (and the concept art for the area implies they were meant to be - or replaced by new pillars) but some reason they were sold on eBay and the idea was never revisitted.

The odd thing about the millennial redesign at Epcot is that the concept art really did look good! It's as if the wand, fountain, and monoliths were built and left unfinished.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
At this point, my main hope is that Siemens gets rid of that stupid Legacy kiosk that is abandoned and envelopes the SSE mirror column with the elevator.

EPCOT_Man

Uhhhhhhhhh

Doesn't Anyone Realize That This Would Keep SSE Closed During The 25th Anniversary(October 1st)? I Guess This Would Coincide With The Fact That Disney Isn't Doing Anything For The 25th Anniversary. This Strikes Me As Odd That Disney Would Do This.:veryconfu

However, I Deeply Understand That SSE Hasn't Been Updated For Some Time, and Truly Needs Some TLC. Just Get Rid of The Stupid Wand. It's Time Has Been Up For 6-7 Years.

CaptainMichael

I took this picture this morning, looks like they got busy during the night!

ce368_small.jpg

:lookaroun

(credit wdwmagic for the photo)

ToTBellHop

I took this picture this morning, looks like they got busy during the night!

ce368_small.jpg

:lookaroun

(credit wdwmagic for the photo)
You know, looking at that picture, it's clear just how much bigger the 2000 was than Epcot. Whereas the Epcot font is in like 10000 point, the 2000 was probably closer to 17500 point. Weird.

CrashNet

mousermerf

Account Suspended
that quote has been posted several times...and hasn't stopped the comments...sigh.

Well, merf aint stupid - though I did contemplate seeing the Laugh Floor again today (if i think that again, smack me)..

I digress.. I realize that Epcot's 25th will not be some big hoopla. I realize that it probably wont even be mentioned in the park.

I do "hope" that there is atleast something minor and sentimental like the cupcakes they do every year for DL or a button or something. That i can feasibly see being changed with someone's change of heart or something.

At the same time, I think Spaceship Earth getting a major overhaul is more important than the anniversary. I do begrudge the closure dates because it's getting done - what more can you ask for?

The very fact that it's getting press releases about the closure and much pomp and circumstance over that says to me that someone in the ranks does care about Epcot a good deal. Yay. The HM closure isn't even a blip on the radar though it's about as long and will feature new stuff too.

So, i'll take the better overall good from SSE's update over a sentimental day. Heck, i'll even admit it looks like that was Disney's plan from the start.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Oh, and for the health of the park, I think relaunching SSE will bring lots of people in to see it, moreso then just a marketing campaigne for the 25th would be able to accomplish.

I didn't really think they were going to "do" anything to Epcot to make it better anytime soon.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I won't be convinced that Epcot Center is on the right track unless Spaceship Earth 4 is amazing and they greenlight the redo of the entire IMAGINATION pavillion.

ToTBellHop

and this is why Disneyland's 50th celebration was so amazing--they made the entire park look like new AND created new attractions AND did all the big party stuff. I would rather have one celebration of this calibre every 5 years than crappy celebrations so frequent that one longs for they days when there was no celebration...it makes the idea of a celebration seem so trite.
I won't be convinced that Epcot Center is on the right track unless Spaceship Earth 4 is amazing and they greenlight the redo of the entire IMAGINATION pavillion.
I'm more concerned about that big dome in Future World East with the giant DNA strand out front...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I hear Walmart will be the sponsors and have their suppliers provide the technology exhibits and demonstrate the benefits of a world economy, all for free, or it will be ex suppliers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom