Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

McMickeyWorld

It does have three scenes featuring Egypt and the Middle East/North Africa, but yeah, with the way the ride is designed I'm not sure it would make sense to have a scene featuring China, Japan, Mesoamerica, etc.

An overhauled version with a different narrative could change that, obviously, but I wouldn't really want to lose any of the existing scenes.
I think it would be good to have at least a reference at the finale, something similar to the finale scenes in Jeremy Irons version, where you had these scenes about the connected world.

Thelazer

Would love to see a redone 1.0. Same beginning scene of Dreamfinder in his blimp introducing us to Figment, then the same ride track and audio with Billy Barty as Fignment. Naturally, bring the scenes up to 21st Century standards.

"Oh, hello there. So glad you came back to join me again. I am the Dreamfinder. Ah, ha, ha, ha. Musical notes! {music terms and notes} What delightful melodies they've made. I love our flights of fancy. Searching the universe for sounds, colors, ideas, anything that sparks the imagination. And I'm sure you remember this! A sun beam, {bright beam of sunlight} that's a good one. Ho, ho, hooo. Everything I collected, created amazing and marvelous new ideas, and here we are all these years later, but you never know, what the next figment of imagination could be. Ho, ho, here's my favorite."

That alone for the opening lines would do it.

dreamfinding

Back to Spaceship Earth - can’t they just turn on all of the Tomorrow’s Child effects that are left. Well, except for the chariot projector.

doctornick

I see no way the script can get worse.

I know a lot of people make statements to this effect but I’ve never really understood the hate for the current script. I mean, sure, it's not as sophisticated as previous ones but it's not that different and I definitely could see modern Disney coming up with stuff so much worse. I'm legit fearful of what would happen if they chose to revise it.

I'd much rather they just re-track and add a descent inspirational descent - leave the main part of the ride alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom