Rumor Spaceship Earth Redo Shelved Indefinitely

MerlinTheGoat

I missed this, what about a Moana sting ray?
One of the pieces of concept art showed a renovated version of what appears to be the Phoenicians scene with the Moana stingray projected onto the wall. In fact, i'm curious whether one of the figures in the boat is actually supposed to be Moana as well, they have what could be long hair. The boat also appears to be a very different design that is similar if not identical to Moana's.

1717530640153.png

WaluigiTime

One of the pieces of concept art showed a renovated version of what appears to be the Phoenicians scene with the Moana stingray projected onto the wall. In fact, i'm curious whether one of the figures in the boat is actually supposed to be Moana as well, they have what could be long hair. The boat also appears to be a very different design that is similar if not identical to Moana's.

View attachment 789490

I must have forced myself to forget this

JohnD

Are we talking about JUST bringing Dreamfinder back in as a character, but keeping largely the same scenery from V2 and V3? Or are they going to actually renovate the rooms and sets in some sort of significant manner too? Because as beloved as Dreamfinder is, his inclusion won't be nearly enough if they keep the same horrible surrounding ride experience. Sort of like how reintroducing Figment again after Journey into Your Imagination flopped, it didn't improve things much. I'd say the horrible show scenes are a much bigger issue than just merely the absence of Dreamfinder. Though his absence is certainly a major issue as well, don't get me wrong.

If they attempted some sort of replication of the original scenes without altering the current track layout, then the areas that are no longer physically there are the cloudy tunnel entrance, turntable, hallway with fortune teller Dreamfinder and the finale. If they were willing to make some positional changes to the queue, imageworks and load/unload, then they could conceivably free up some extra space at either the beginning or end of the ride for another scene or two. Particularly if they use only one area for both load and unload. Ideally move the Imageworks back upstairs so the queue can also be more easily shifted over so the ride has more show space. Even without the turntable being usable anymore, they could still use that room for a scene of some kind. One that isn't just flat video screens if they reposition the queue.
Would love to see a redone 1.0. Same beginning scene of Dreamfinder in his blimp introducing us to Figment, then the same ride track and audio with Billy Barty as Fignment. Naturally, bring the scenes up to 21st Century standards.

Moth

"We need to find people communicating, can you help us?"
"Boy, they sure can communicate!"
"Listen to them talk!"
"That sure is a big space ship Earth! Now let's get you back to Epcot, hold on now!"
Would be better than screens, no actual descent....

This plus screens.... okay then I'd be scared.

McMickeyWorld

View attachment 789490
Personally, I interpreted it as a way to reference the cultures that inspired the movies, like the floating lanterns used for the Epcot Experience. Rather than representing the IPs, they are showcasing real traditions in those scenes, although I don't trust Disney on these matters.

McMickeyWorld

Something I would like to see in the new version is the addition of some scenes representing other regions of the world so that the ride doesn't feel like it only has scenes representing the West. What I'm not sure about is which scenes could be swapped out 🤷‍♂️ 🤔.

UNCgolf

Something I would like to see in the new version is the addition of some scenes representing other regions of the world so that the ride doesn't feel like it only has scenes representing the West. What I'm not sure about is which scenes could be swapped out 🤷‍♂️ 🤔.

It does have three scenes featuring Egypt and the Middle East/North Africa, but yeah, with the way the ride is designed I'm not sure it would make sense to have a scene featuring China, Japan, Mesoamerica, etc.

An overhauled version with a different narrative could change that, obviously, but I wouldn't really want to lose any of the existing scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom