Space Mountain/Skyway Update (10/7)

Jasonflz

Things appear to be getting interesting now. I like the green trim, but at the same time I am already missing the orange.

Same here. I am also really curious as to what happened to the entrance room. Without FedEx as a sponsor the massive map seems a tad unecessary.

Mr.EPCOT

I thought they are one and the same; the black hole is indeed a hole in the ceiling; the square hole is a hole that isn`t as deep or coloured in.

I definitely see the big hole in the ceiling, but I'm talking about this thing:

Ha! Nailed it! Whatever it is, it looks brand new to me...
3991418508_0ee3d54acf_o.jpg

Might not be so apparent with this picture, but it's definitely solid. Is it new? is it part of the smoke extraction system, and if it is, is it just like trap door or something that falls open? Or is it maybe a new effect?

Same here. I am also really curious as to what happened to the entrance room. Without FedEx as a sponsor the massive map seems a tad unecessary.

I guess but i never thought of it as a FED-EX commercial, It was neat to see the board going in. Wouldnt be surprised if they moved it, but i wouldnt be surprised if they kept it either

Jasonflz

If anything, they might have done up the queue nicely. :D

I hope so, as long as they didn't remove the music.:king:

I guess but i never thought of it as a FED-EX commercial, It was neat to see the board going in. Wouldnt be surprised if they moved it, but i wouldnt be surprised if they kept it either

It references Fed ex on it and generally looks like the orange theme that was used back then.

EPCOT Explorer

It references Fed ex on it and generally looks like the orange theme that was used back then.
I know. :eek: TTA has me worried, though.

Honestly, I'm thinking that if they want to go forward with a whole new TL thing, they might start by changing the little things first. :(

I thought they removed the traces of fed-ex on the board, I knew it had the orange theme but i thought they removed the name?

jmuboy

No comment on what may/may not be happening INSIDE Space Mt, but the outside looks a lot nicer. That butt ugly paint scheme on the Video Arcade was my biggest concern and its seems to be getting a paint job that will help unify the area, not make it stand out.

I wish they would give it the cute "STARcade" name like at DL - TL Power Co seems like a trite name now with the whole SpacePort theme for TL slowly going away.

haveadisneyday

What is happening to Space Mountain

:sohappy:Just returned from 3 weeks at disney and I spoke to cast member and he said they are putting a loop in space mountain....went on TTA and the lights were on but u couldnt see much....the roof could do with a lick of paint!!!!

officeboy

Black box in the sky

Perhaps the big black box (hole?) in the bottom of penthouse has something to do with the large crane that was on site several weeks ago?

haveadisneyday

I did believe him at first but then looking at the state of it and the fact it opens in a couple of months, there isnt time to do anything major....just gutted that it wasnt open during my trip.....

mikeb1967

Magic Squares

Perfect. That is perfect. Very encouraging.

Hello, Instead of big black triangles (like in SSE) they have decided to use big black squares... those crazy imagineers! Or it's an exhaust vent. Or a video screen where they will play clips Toy Story, i.e. newly re-themed Toy Story Space Mountain... maybe in 3D, ya---hooo! lol, MikeB

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, I follow you. Yeah, there's no way that won't happen. It'll be nice to get the Astro Orbitor back to where it belongs, and out of the entrance.
Yep. They will most likely reinstate their TTA then, too.
Hello, Instead of big black triangles (like in SSE) they have decided to use big black squares... those crazy imagineers! Or it's an exhaust vent. Or a video screen where they will play clips Toy Story, i.e. newly re-themed Toy Story Space Mountain... maybe in 3D, ya---hooo! lol, MikeB
:dazzle:*screams, runs from thread* :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I definitely see the big hole in the ceiling, but I'm talking about this thing:

Might not be so apparent with this picture, but it's definitely solid. Is it new? is it part of the smoke extraction system, and if it is, is it just like trap door or something that falls open? Or is it maybe a new effect?
It`s new, but from what I saw on my trip it is a void which goes up into the roof, not hanging down. You can also see it above the lift hills when entering the mountain.

Trivia; it`s very near the old Earth projection location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom