Space Mountain/Skyway Update (10/7)

Oddysey

I just rode the TTA last night before MNSSHP and the astronauts on the lift hill are missing. Also the wall extending over the exit queue is taller and you can no longer look over it to see if any changes are being made.

Sorry I dont have any pics because I didn't bring my camera, but I thought it was interesting info that needed to be passed along.

jt04

I just rode the TTA last night before MNSSHP and the astronauts on the lift hill are missing. Also the wall extending over the exit queue is taller and you can no longer look over it to see if any changes are being made.

Sorry I dont have any pics because I didn't bring my camera, but I thought it was interesting info that needed to be passed along.

Here we go. :sohappy:

Did you get any pics of the video screen, err, I mean BAV. :zipit:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fun fun fun....

The wall above the postshow was raised to the ceiling about 2 weeks ago - with a definate bright work light glow coming from the crack above it.

The astronauts... I wonder if money was found to give them some motors? I did notice them vibrating last week when the lift hills were running. As if they wern`t attached fully. As well as the new stance I also noticed a new prop - or a real access hatch was open.

Old:

wIMG_1421.jpg

New:

attachment.php

Expo_Seeker40

Hmmm...there's no space vehicle part with them.

I also wonder if they will make the figures in the control booths AA's......and aren't they wearing red and white 1975 RCA CM Costumes. :eek: :lookaroun

Oddysey

Here we go. :sohappy:

Did you get any pics of the video screen, err, I mean BAV. :zipit:

I may or may not go back today and get some pics of the missing spacemen. I wont be able to post them until really late because the park closes at 1:00am tonight. Maybe someone will beat me to it.

Expo_Seeker40

I hope that whatever is going down there in the post show, someone from WDI gives us some brand new television screens in the very last scene and puts robo boy and robo dog back in their spot to film us as we leave. :eek:

jt04

I may or may not go back today and get some pics of the missing spacemen. I wont be able to post them until really late because the park closes at 1:00am tonight. Maybe someone will beat me to it.

No problem. I'm sure somebody will. We needs pics of that, SoaT and the new FoN rail LEDs. We are falling behind with all these new additions.

Jasonflz

Fun fun fun....

The wall above the postshow was raised to the ceiling about 2 weeks ago - with a definate bright work light glow coming from the crack above it.

The astronauts... I wonder if money was found to give them some motors? I did notice them vibrating last week when the lift hills were running. As if they wern`t attached fully. As well as the new stance I also noticed a new prop - or a real access hatch was open.

Old:

wIMG_1421.jpg

New:

attachment.php

:lookaroun Is that new paint on the head of the ship?

EPCOT Explorer

So would a rear projected earth...
Ooooooh...:D

*wants that for SSE*:lol:

VERY nice.
Fun fun fun....

Old:

wIMG_1421.jpg

New:

attachment.php
Yeah, I could totally see them moving around the box. VERY nice...It's a big step for SM if it happens.

wolf359

I would be nice if we got AA astronauts AND mission control techs in the side control rooms as well.

There MUST be several older AA's left over from the Spaceship Earth upgrade they could use to plus the lift hill area.

Rob562

Fun fun fun....

Old:

wIMG_1421.jpg

New:

attachment.php

Looks like it's just an access hatch. You can see the outline of it in the old photo. I'm thinking those two "O" rings at the edge are either hook points for the ladder, or are twist releases for the panel so that you can open the panel with a pole from below.

And the two other things not mentioned from the "new" photo, the lifthill railing were extended taller, the there are (apparently) new nightvision cameras mounted on the new railings, pointing down the hill at the riders coming up the hill. (They appear to be a camera with their own self-contained infrared light source, rather than the old cameras that needed an external infrared "floodlight") And if you look waaaaayyyyy up at the top of Alpha's lift, it looks like another one.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom