Space Mountain refurbishment begins April 19 2009

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nice photo, Martin.
Ride still looks like hell, though....:hurl:

The ceiling is also looking kinda bad. I'll look for a photo of that.

Although cropped, you can see leak marks and the tiles that are misaligned here:

Attachments

• cIMG_5975crop.JPG
    cIMG_5975crop.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 109

EpcotServo

Slightly off topic, but here's what you can get and what you used to. C'mon, Steve - the M2 logo is pretty nice!

The Mission 2 Jacket is pretty awesome!

(If you're looking for classy Attraction-specific stuff, Everest is the place to be: They have some AMAZINGLY cool stuff now! :sohappy:)

RSoxNo1

There seem to be a lack of many good and obvious products for park attractions. I think the art on demand should be expanded (it doesn't have all the attraction posters for example). It should also have an online component as outside of Downtown Disney, you have to ship it regardless. I'd also like to see a Space Mountain attraction poster instead of just the Tomorrowland poster.

I think t-shirts should be created for all major attractions, with multiple graphics both centered, and more subtle (a small logo on the chest for example). I think the smaller logo shirts could also be sold as polo shirts.

The last thing I'd love to see are Soarin' Air Fresheners.

Lee

Adventurer
Here's the photo of the ceiling I was looking for.
I'm kinda worried about the green mold/slime up there....
spaceugh.jpeg

Enigma

Account Suspended
spaceugh.jpeg

I think anyone complaining about Space Mountain being closed during there trip should have that picture shoved in there face.

Expo_Seeker40

Martin, can we expect a SM ultimate queue tribute with hexagon window goodness? :)

I think the only rooms pretty much left from the home of future living are the daughters bedroom and entertainment room.

RoboBoy and RoboDog (formally AA's that was Billy and his actual dog) stand in what I believe was once the daughter's bedroom. The cabinents with bones sits on the pedastle where her bed was, and there are some remains of the hexagon ceiling, special lighting, etc is still there, and the divider wall was removed between the two rooms and the former bedroom goes right into the entertainment room where the TV might be and I think it has some parts left of where the old TV was where the friends of the son and daughter were watching a football game.

P.S. The only pictures I know of the old queue are at the widen your world site and walt dated world. I've only seen one picture of RCA's nipper in the UFO at the entrance, the old star corridor windows that had actual displays in them, the old entrance queue from the dedication video which had orange and yellow geometric patterns and floor to ceiling mirrors.

What I have never found is the audio speils for the windows in the zig zag corridor. There used to be narration accompaning the scenes that you can look out into such as Mars, the green astronauts, the astroids, etc.

SirGoofy

Hard?
Last time I stuck my head in....there was NOTHING. Nothing at all.
I kinda suspect that will change upon it's reopening....

Yup, it's honestly a travesty that half the classic attractions at MK don't have merch. SM has none, Big Thunder has none, Jungle Cruise has none, HM just got 3 T-shirts recently, and yet pirates has 900 different items.

But back to the topic. I'm sure this has been covered, but I'm feeling lazy. Do we have a definable time-table yet?

KentB3

spaceugh.jpeg

If your afraid of green slime falling on a guest, just hope no one says "I don't know" while riding! :ROFLOL:

LOL, just kidding! Hopefully, they'll take care of that and clean it up during the rehab. :animwink:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yeah...I don't know who's designing their merch, but....ewwwww

211404963_tp.jpg

But in Paris....nice!

Slightly off topic, but here's what you can get and what you used to. C'mon, Steve - the M2 logo is pretty nice!
I have always thought the DL and WDW SM merchandise was very tragic and a bit lack there of... very dissapointing

spaceugh.jpeg
Now that is s e x y.

Jezzz

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Well the logo's not bad, I'll give you that. I just still feel bitter that they got rid of the awesome DLP SM1 soundtrack and failed to fix the track issues on that big refurb. Instead of doing what was needed, they decided to screw up everything else.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I know this might be a difficult question to answer, but are we expecting any of the supports to be replaced?
conventional wisdom would say that if the senario was to replace all the track, it would be easier to replace all the supports with it instead of trying to "fit" the new track to the old frame.... but im not sure we will be that lucky according to our 411 crew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom