Space Mountain refurbishment begins April 19 2009

mcjaco

^ Click the link at the bottom. Mitch explains the system and how it's weighed, so rides with less riders still get a fair evaluation. And to add to this, 9 of the top 10 are international coasters. So yes, there are plenty of people that voted that are well travelled.

I have yet to meet any coaster enthusiast that rates DLP's SM higher than any of the others. They've all panned it.

bears163

just saw this on cnn's web site

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Officials at Walt Disney World announced on Wednesday that they'll close the Space Mountain attraction for a makeover that will last several months.

The roller coaster at the Magic Kingdom is slated to close on April 19 and reopen later in 2009.

Disney representative Andrea Finger confirmed that many classic elements will be retained in the refurbishing. The improvements will include track modifications, enclosures around the queue area and a new interior ceiling.

The ride, according to Finger, will retain its classic shape and the track design will remain virtually the same.

WDWmazprty

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Officials at Walt Disney World announced on Wednesday that they'll close the Space Mountain attraction for a makeover that will last several months.

The roller coaster at the Magic Kingdom is slated to close on April 19 and reopen later in 2009.

Disney representative Andrea Finger confirmed that many classic elements will be retained in the refurbishing. The improvements will include track modifications, enclosures around the queue area and a new interior ceiling.

The ride, according to Finger, will retain its classic shape and the track design will remain virtually the same.

It would be nice if it was finished by September.:D

tirian

^ Click the link at the bottom. Mitch explains the system and how it's weighed, so rides with less riders still get a fair evaluation.

I have yet to meet any coaster enthusiast that rates DLP's SM higher than any of the others. They've all panned it.

Thank you. :wave:

Also, notice Disney is only saying "Track modifications" :fork: (as opposed to "total replacement").

EDIT: According to Disney's official announcement, a significant portion of the track will indeed be replaced. We'll have to wait to see just how much is "significant."

mikeb_86

Breaking News on This Rehab!!!

Acording to Disneyworld.com its offical
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/refurbishmentslisting/index?id=MKCalendarRefurbishmentsListingPage&date=20090401[/URL]

so i juss anyone planing thare 2009 vacation in summer like i am planing cant ride it. Its ok it needs TLK!!! I dont ride it but other family members do and that might be bad news if thay say were not going. Im trying to tell them dont let it get you down. So im still 30 present positve that im still going despite this news it is my year to go and im going!!! Let that be what you tell your friends and family its ok it needs this rehab. So alltogether we have this offical from olando sentteal disneyworld.comm wdwmagic and cnn. That is conferming this 4 sources. So its set in stone!!! Now does anyone know lee or cource what about that TTA Rehab!!! So far not offical?

ToTBellHop

Acording to Disneyworld.com its offical
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/refurbishmentslisting/index?id=MKCalendarRefurbishmentsListingPage&date=20090401[/URL]

so i juss anyone planing thare 2009 vacation in summer like i am planing cant ride it. Its ok it needs TLK!!! I dont ride it but other family members do and that might be bad news if thay say were not going. Im trying to tell them dont let it get you down. So im still 30 present positve that im still going despite this news it is my year to go and im going!!! Let that be what you tell your friends and family its ok it needs this rehab. So alltogether we have this offical from olando sentteal disneyworld.comm wdwmagic and cnn. That is conferming this 4 sources. So its set in stone!!! Now does anyone know lee or cource what about that TTA Rehab!!! So far not offical?
yes it is--it's posted on the refurbishment schedule for the same dates at the SM refurbishment: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...alendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage&date=20090501

Pongo

CNN? What? Why is this so newsworthy??? :veryconfu

henryt93

Any chance of a loading area where a train slides in and out like at DL?

I hope so. When I saw that at DL, I thought it was one of the smartest things I have seen because it eliminates the main problem with Buzz. It makes everyone happier; the ADA likes it because it helps the ride be more handicapped friendly, the people who actually need to use that car like it because they can get in at their own speed without any pressure, and the regular guests like it because it means no backups. Ingenious.

djkidkaz

The outside will be spruced up, for sure.
Also, hopefully, the long-awaited and much-needed new external lighting package.

Oh please let it get a new external lighting package!! The white just seems so plain to me. Im not looking for anything crazy and multicolored like they do for Halloween, but just something to add a little more color than solid white.

Foolish Mortal

I'm up for anything they choose to do, I just hope they remove the video monitors on the speedwalk and add an announcement to let people pass on the left while on the speedwalk.

ToTBellHop

I'm up for anything they choose to do, I just hope they remove the video monitors on the speedwalk and add an announcement to let people pass on the left while on the speedwalk.
or just remove the speedwalk altogether. It's a hazard when it gets wet. Disneyland removed their's and put in a stairs...how novel. Americans need to relearn how to use their legs again and burn some calories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom