Space Mountain Predictions! ;)

RSoxNo1

I'm all for On-Ride Photo on Space Mountain!
:sohappy:

Seriously...why wouldn't you be for that?
:shrug:

Would even make for a nice big flashing effect...:lol:

It's cool, but blinding in Disneyland.

I expect this refurbishment to be similar to it's a small world. You won't see much in the way of changes to the ride itself - just fixing what is broken:
Darkness
Improved Star Field
Track Smoothness
Comparatively, we also know that the load area will be overhauled for Space Mountain, much like it was for it's a small world.

I don't like the, "hey, at least it's something" mentality, but I expect this refurbishment to be an improvement. I just don't expect this to approach Disneyland's version of the ride. Comparing the two parks, Disneyland still has the two best rides:

1. Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye
2. Space Mountain in California
3. Splash Mountain in Florida
4. Haunted Mansion in Florida (for a few more months, than this may change)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean in California

EPCOT Explorer

It's cool, but blinding in Disneyland.

I expect this refurbishment to be similar to it's a small world. You won't see much in the way of changes to the ride itself - just fixing what is broken:
Darkness
Improved Star Field
Track Smoothness
Comparatively, we also know that the load area will be overhauled for Space Mountain, much like it was for it's a small world.

I don't like the, "hey, at least it's something" mentality, but I expect this refurbishment to be an improvement. I just don't expect this to approach Disneyland's version of the ride. Comparing the two parks, Disneyland still has the two best rides:

1. Indiana Jones Temple of the Forbidden Eye
2. Space Mountain in California
3. Splash Mountain in Florida
4. Haunted Mansion in Florida (for a few more months, than this may change)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean in California
True. This is all for infrastructure. I do hope that there are "tangible" benefits for it, though...

HM in FL for only a few more months? Why? Hatbox?

RSoxNo1

HM in FL for only a few more months? Why? Hatbox?

I was there in May, and it was in rough shape. If they just add the Hat Box ghost I'm not sure it will be enough to have it be as good as Disney World's mansion. However if they do the following it won't be a problem

1. Install Hat Box Ghost
2. Fix Madame Leota so she's floating again
3. Change the audio in the stretching room to be similar to Disney World

EPCOT Explorer

I was there in May, and it was in rough shape. If they just add the Hat Box ghost I'm not sure it will be enough to have it be as good as Disney World's mansion. However if they do the following it won't be a problem

1. Install Hat Box Ghost

Ah, I guess :shrug: When is it getting refurbed?

Jasonflz

1. Install Hat Box Ghost

:shrug: So you mean Disneyland's? WDW's mansion is in pretty good shape as far as I can see.

RSoxNo1

1. Install Hat Box Ghost

:shrug: So you mean Disneyland's? WDW's mansion is in pretty good shape as far as I can see.

Yes, those three things would be improvements to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion after they remove the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Right now Disney World's Haunted Mansion is substantially better.

EpcotServo

Yes, those three things would be improvements to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion after they remove the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Right now Disney World's Haunted Mansion is substantially better.

Actually once Haunted Mansion Holiday starts, theirs will be better, we'll get a break for a little while, then they shall claim the title for the rest of forever because A: Exterior, B: New Orleans Square, C: HMH, D: Being in Disneyland.

Our reign as "Coolest" Haunted Mansion was short lived, but is now over. At least we're passable now, I'll take that.
:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Actually once Haunted Mansion Holiday starts, theirs will be better, we'll get a break for a little while, then they shall claim the title for the rest of forever because A: Exterior, B: New Orleans Square, C: HMH, D: Being in Disneyland.

Our reign as "Coolest" Haunted Mansion was short lived, but is now over. At least we're passable now, I'll take that.

Waaaaaay more than that, Servo. The Mansion looked like it opened up last week. That's a HUGE plus.

_Scar

:lookaroun Liberty Square is cool....

Here is a quote today from Orlando Sentinel. I'm confused... so they did fess up to a new track, same layout???

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ssic-attractions-r092009sep20,0,3930008.story

Space Mountain
Renovation is under way for the Magic Kingdom coaster built in 1975. So far, Disney has fessed up only to new track (but same design), ceiling and queue enclosure. It closed in April and is set to reopen in November, a much shorter turnaround than for the Space Mountain rehab in Disneyland.

"As far as I know, they're not going anywhere near the extent that they did in California, Brigante said. "I've even heard we're not even getting on-ride audio on the cars, but I'm not sure about that. I've heard a few rumblings that they've tested some cars on that track to see if they would hold up with the extra weight of the speakers and all that."

Yee said he has heard that the loading area might be totally enclosed but that "the big question mark in my mind is whether the [on-board] music is going in."

panther726

I'm all for On-Ride Photo on Space Mountain!
:sohappy:

Seriously...why wouldn't you be for that?
:shrug:

I'm not for it. First of all, it would blind you. It takes my eyes a while to adjust after the complete darkness. Second, I think part of the SM experience is complete darkness. Wouldn't people on the lift hill be able to see part of the track?:shrug: We all know that SM is a mediocre coaster at best with the lights on. It's the unexcpected turns and drops in the dark that delievers the thrills.

I agree with you, but shouldn't Disney have the technology to take a picture without a blinding flash?

During the drop that goes by the lift hill, they could snap an HD photo without a blinding flash. I'm not big on the on-ride pictures, but some people would enjoy it.

EpcotServo

:lookaroun Liberty Square is cool....

It's alright. Nothing against Liberty Square, but Have you spent hours just sitting in New Orleans Square? It's heaven. It's Disney Heaven.

Agreed. Best land in MK right now. And FTR...Our facade is much more impressive, IMHO. Edgar Allen Poe Gothic-ness > Clean Southern Mansion anyday.:lol:

Oh, it's cool. I love it. It's perfect for WDW.

But once you've been to Disneyland, when you hear "The Haunted Mansion", You'll forever think of that stately Mansion at the end of the Riverbend, past the charming and bustling sounds of New Oreleans Square, that Mansion angled out in a corner, sitting there beckoning you towards it...That's the Mansion you'll think of.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(And don't get me started on how beautiful it is during Haunted Mansion Holiday.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom